Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
My takeaways from felony Wednesday:

Premeditated = malice aforethought = he knew what he was doing, meant to do it and it wasn’t an accident.

I think they have another suspect. Or at least enough evidence to believe there might be an additional suspect/s. If they didn’t, I think they’d say something along the lines of “we believe he acted alone,” or something like that.

I also agree that if they weren’t looking at JS at all they’d put out that fire. And I think it’s perfectly reasonable for us here at WS to suspect her involvement.

The poster says in the sentence, "I believe", so I read it as meaning their personal opinion. They also said "might" have gotten info from an interview, so it wasn't stated as fact imo. I personally read it as an opinion statement, fwiw.

The post I was replying to does not contain "I believe".

Trying once again to post link

Anectodal.

I've posed questions to friends, relatives, and coworkers if they'd use the word "we" as in "we dropped her off at school" if it was in fact their partner who dropped her off and they were not there in person.

100% response.

No.
Yeah. It’s one thing if the question pertains to typical behavior, “we drop her off at school in the morning.” But when you’re talking about an incredibly important recent event, it makes no sense to say “we dropped…”

This was the start of my eyebrow raising, and it all snowballed from there.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t there been many cases when LE stood by the victim’s family and assured the public none are POIs if there were hurtful rumors flying?
They’d cut the suspicion and let the victims (as they are) grieve and at least alleviate as much extra pain as they can for them?
Especially in cases like these?
It’s not what they are saying, it’s what they are not.

The post I was replying to does not contain "I believe".

Trying once again to post link

In that post I wrote “I think”, apologies for not putting moo.
I did reply to your question regarding the interview I was referring to.
I was referring to the only official LE interview that was confirmed to us.

Yeah. It’s one thing if the question pertains to typical behavior, “we drop her off at school in the morning.” But when you’re talking about an incredibly important recent event, it makes no sense to say “we dropped…”

100%.
While a traumatic event, a child missing, you become hyper vigilant in details, especially when giving a public interview in hopes for any help or tips. Every single detail matters…unless, of course, you’re simultaneously concerned about being perceived as stellar parents, or covering for someone/something.
JMO;)

about the ' WE" statement and the lie about seeing her get dressed at 8 am. why the need to lie? whether he told her to lie, or it was guilt about something? the fact that she felt the need to lie, What was the point?
Does that not imply she had to know something was up? why not just say My boyfriend drove her? but to lie about it, and create a different story ... why? if you know you are lying, you have to know why.

I believe that JS may have seen MS getting dress earlier and for whatever reason (drugged, sleepy, tired, no glasses to see clock, etc.) she may have thought it was her normal 8am get ready time.

IMO that is perhaps a possibilty.

I so want to know where Jen was and what she was doing when SS was dumping the backpack and Maddie.

If the murder was premeditated, maybe the murderer made sure JS would sleep through it all?

Last edited:
My takeaways from felony Wednesday:

Premeditated = malice aforethought = he knew what he was doing, meant to do it and it wasn’t an accident.

I think they have another suspect. Or at least enough evidence to believe there might be an additional suspect/s. If they didn’t, I think they’d say something along the lines of “we believe he acted alone,” or something like that.

I also agree that if they weren’t looking at JS at all they’d put out that fire. And I think it’s perfectly reasonable for us here at WS to suspect her involvement.
Also, if JS wasn't under suspicion, why wouldn't she come out and publicly denounce SS and demand that justice be served for her daughter? That's what most normal, innocent people would be doing! Moo

This is the most intriguing and frightening part of this new information.

We’ve speculated for weeks here about whether he murdered her late Sunday (25th) after the party.

The police themselves have said they have reason to believe she was already gone the morning of the 26th.

Where was she on the 27th? We know he was seen with a flat tire near where she was found. I am sick hoping she was not suffering.
WHere is the 27th coming from? I scrolled back, looked around and am totally confused. Thank you!!

This is my take on JS overall. Many are very willing to give her the benefit of the doubt--she didn't know the tine, she was this, she was that, on and on....BUT? Her young daughter was missing. If there ever was a time to be certain of the details? This was it. If not sure because you were not there, you were asleep, etc, say so.

Details from the beginning are fuzzy for me- can someone please confirm whether or not it was known if it was usual practice or out of the ordinary for SS to drive Madeline to school? Also, was he claiming to have dropped her off pretty early that day? If so, was a reason for that ever given by him or mom?

Thanks!

Details from the beginning are fuzzy for me- can someone please confirm whether or not it was known if it was usual practice or out of the ordinary for SS to drive Madeline to school? Also, was he claiming to have dropped her off pretty early that day? If so, was a reason for that ever given by him or mom?

Thanks!
IIRC- there is an interview with the grandma who says it was unusual for SS to drive Maddie to school. I believe this interview is in Spanish and am relying on others’ translations.

Their story is that she was dropped off early near the school, no reason is given. Believe school starts after 9 am down there.

So glad to see SS charged with Capital Murder in Madeline's case. If ever there was a poster case for the DP, this is it.

What he did over all those years to an innocent child is beyond sick and disturbing. SS doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

IMO

Speculation only: I'm wondering if SS saw messages on Madeline's phone that made him think she was going to reveal the abuse to a friend, or she had already started alluding to it, and that was his motive.
Either that or he saw texts indicating she had acquired a "sweetheart" her own age, and got extremely jealous. Probably worried if they got too close she'd become more rebellious and probably tell the sweetie. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member