Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM&BFF

I thought I'd share what first degree murder is for anyone that might be like me and didn't know. :) Sorry for the caps. It's like that on the source.

FIRST-DEGREE MURDER

First-degree murder is the most severe homicide charge under Florida law and is a capital felony.
  1. Premeditated killings;
  2. Felony murders;
  3. Murder committed during a drug dealing crime.

PREMEDITATED MURDER

A prosecutor must show a defendant’s intent to kill to charge a defendant with first-degree murder. The prosecutor must prove there was planning and present evidence of the defendant’s steps taken to prepare for the killing.

FELONY MURDER

FELONY MURDER LEADS TO A FIRST-DEGREE MURDER CHARGE UNDER FLORIDA LAW. FELONY MURDER IS A MURDER THE DEFENDANT COMMITS DURING A FELONY; INCLUDING HOME-INVASION, KIDNAPPING, BURGLARY, AND SEXUAL BATTERY. IF THE PROSECUTOR CAN PROVE THE DEFENDANT HAD THE INTENT TO KILL WHILE INVOLVED IN THE CRIME, A FIRST-DEGREE MURDER CHARGE WILL BE GIVEN.​

GO FLORIDA!

Honestly, my first idea was that SS at some point in the morning had to explain Madeline's absence to JS, so he tells her he has already dropped her off early. Then he sticks to it, because he is hoping on JS staying by his side.

If JS knew about the abuse and/or death, it is a kind of stupid lie to tell, given that there was no way he could hope that cameras would not tell a different story. The only thing I can guess is that this earlier time was chosen to leave the impression that Madeline had some secret plans (running away with a non-classmate).
thank you, certainly plausible. however, there are many missing timeframe pieces. we still do not know if JS, SS and Madeline were all together in the house sunday nite and into the morning, specifically no info about JS, only SS and abbreviated info about his movements the morning of the 26th. and now the timeframe has been extended to the 27th...which as I mentioned before could be encompassing something happening after midnight on the 26th concerning Madeline AFTER she is reported missing.

@microsleuth88
All these last minute press conferences, court hearings where he is supposed to show but doesn't.... I think this is by design by Bain - he doesn't want to see crowds of press and the public at his courtrooms/halls. Keeping it on an "need to know" basis, to limit the rumor mill and musings so they can keep the case IN Osceola County. We'll see if that works.

@microsleuth88
All these last minute press conferences, court hearings where he is supposed to show but doesn't.... I think this is by design by Bain - he doesn't want to see crowds of press and the public at his courtrooms/halls. Keeping it on an "need to know" basis, to limit the rumor mill and musings so they can keep the case IN Osceola County. We'll see if that works.
Bolded for focus

I may be mistaken but I think SS has the constitutional right to be in court. I don't think Bain could legally keep him from doing so.

no, there was no reason given. of course it was confirmed to be a lie, hard to explain why they both chose that drop off time.... he mentions 'went out with the cops where I dropped her off, we looked up and down the road...communities..no cameras were pointing the street....in 2024 surprising' (except for the church parking lot. )

he missed that there were was a license plate reader which captured his license plate in the school area at 8:10am...and it seems he didnt care there were cameras in the complex, and didnt think she would be spotted in his vehicle. and specifically, throwing away Madeline's book bag and computer. Im sure it was in a trash bag, IMO he would not openly toss it. someone else might see it and retrieve them. thankfully the trash wasnt picked up.
I know!! it is so different listening to it again now, so many discrepancies, although Easier to see now what has always been there. At least we gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time.

There was some speculation (at the time) she may have been dropped off early so she could visit with friends meeting there, and then walk the rest of the way with them. Seemed relatively plausible, but that was still super early, even to meet with friends.

I don't remember if this was based on anything SS, JS, or JS's sister said (she spoke to the media I think).
yes and I heard it mentioned on court tv also. as well as speculation. that she was dropped off further away because she may have been embarrassed about the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz