Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You almost have to dissect what wasn’t said by JS before you start with the rest.
Exactly! I was just contemplating that trying to read the tea leaves from JS statements could be fraught with difficulties. In other words, possibly building a castle on sand. And it proves almost futile or even impossible to assess any actual occurrences or events IMO? No wonder LE authorities there are taking their time. MOO

Do we know if that scenario would still fall under premeditation and 1st degree charge?
I don't think it would fall under first-degree murder. I don't think it was a covered-up suicide but I do think the defence could argue that it was in court. If they bring her mental health into question and there is evidence of self harm. A lawyer would use this to put doubt in the jury's mind. By the way, this is just one of my theories because a lot of evidence does point to murder.

I don't think it would fall under first-degree murder. I don't think it was a covered-up suicide but I do think the defence could argue that it was in court. If they bring her mental health into question and there is evidence of self harm. A lawyer would use this to put doubt in the jury's mind. By the way, this is just one of my theories because a lot of evidence does point to murder.
Trouble is they would have had to show probable cause for a murder 1 charge, if it was iffy they wouldnt overcharge.

There’s no way it’s suicide with a first degree murder charge with premeditation. Even if he pushed her to kill herself, that wouldn’t warrant first degree with premeditation.
I’m in full agreement that it wasn’t suicide.
Was asking that question in case there was some odd law where that could fall under those charges.
I should have framed that question better.

I wouldn't...NOT for these crimes. I don't think I could look at my son.
Oh, absolutely. In the context of the Sterns tho, knowing the past history of his alleged behavior, and behaviour of his parents- I'm surprised they didn't double down on his "innocence" (again?) this time. Glad he'll have representation but not someone flashy who just wants the fame.

I noticed "ORIGINAL APPLICATION FOR INDIGENT STATUS PUBLIC DEFENDER APPOINTED"... was filed.

"Indigent".... only insofar as SS refused to actually get a job but somehow had money for a car, gas, tamagochi and Warhammer "toys".... was JS paying his other expenses? (Utilities, housing, etc?)

Oh, absolutely. In the context of the Sterns tho, knowing the past history of his alleged behavior, and behaviour of his parents- I'm surprised they didn't double down on his "innocence" (again?) this time. Glad he'll have representation but not someone flashy who just wants the fame.

I noticed "ORIGINAL APPLICATION FOR INDIGENT STATUS PUBLIC DEFENDER APPOINTED"... was filed.

"Indigent".... only insofar as SS refused to actually get a job but somehow had money for a car, gas, tamagochi and Warhammer "toys".... was JS paying his other expenses? (Utilities, housing, etc?)
Maybe his parents are worried about being sued themselves?

Remember those friends of SS calling in to Grey Hughes and saying SS parents paid off roommates in the past to keep quiet about SS having horrible stuff with underage on computers? We discussed it here how it was wrong for any adult who knew this about SS not to warn anyone with kids about it.

I’m in full agreement that it wasn’t suicide.
Was asking that question in case there was some odd law where that could fall under those charges.
I should have framed that question better.
Sorry I was more responding to the idea in general, not trying to bash on your opinions/ideas at all.

Maybe his parents are worried about being sued themselves?

Remember those friends of SS calling in to Grey Hughes and saying SS parents paid off roommates in the past to keep quiet about SS having horrible stuff with underage on computers? We discussed it here how it was wrong for any adult who knew this about SS not to warn anyone with kids about it.
That makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member