Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So even if a mother woke up and saw her daughter, dead in her house, her boy friend can talk his way out of her calling the police.
No one said that. MOO
Some people make it seem like JS was just an innocent victim of SS and a bumbling idiot of life in general.
I have no idea of the workings of JS's brain and SS's ability to gaslight/manipulate/intimidate and/or scare her, but discussing the possible dynamics of their relationship and the murder is not the same thing as excusing/denying or being naive about the possible involvement or willful ignorance by the mother.

We don't know yet and it is not a fault to not conclude she is guilty of something as of now.

There was a grand jury that heard the evidence, we don't even know if they were asked to consider indicting the mother for anything, I would think it would have looked very odd if there was evidence she was involved but no charges were considered. MOO

No one said that. MOO

I have no idea of the workings of JS's brain and SS's ability to gaslight/manipulate/intimidate and/or scare her, but discussing the possible dynamics of their relationship and the murder is not the same thing as excusing/denying or being naive about the possible involvement or willful ignorance by the mother.

We don't know yet and it is not a fault to not conclude she is guilty of something as of now.

There was a grand jury that heard the evidence, we don't even know if they were asked to consider indicting the mother for anything, I would think it would have looked very odd if there was evidence she was involved but no charges were considered. MOO
Discussing the case as you describe above re: "the possible dynamics of the relationship and the murder" is not the same as some stating she is not considered a suspect and poor JS must be going through so much, and poor JS was so manipulated she had no choice to lie and scheme her way through those interviews. Yes, she must be going through so much -- considering her beautiful daughter is dead after being raped for at least 5 years from the tender age of 8, by her live-in/live-out boyfriend, but because she lied more than once, just like SS lied, she clearly needs to be considered a suspect first and foremost until it's otherwise stated she has been cleared (which I can't imagine will happen). If the shoe were on the other foot, say it was the female arrested/charged and we were still waiting on the results of the male's involvement, then I don't believe others would be so quick to ignore the obvious and give him a free pass based on sympathy. Seems like a double standard is being applied. My opinion only of course.

ADMIN NOTE:

None of us know this POI/suspect, therefore none of us is in any position to diagnose them.

Please move on from the attempts at diagnosing mental health. It is off topic speculation not based on any known fact.

Thanks.

Discussing the case as you describe above re: "the possible dynamics of the relationship and the murder" is not the same as some stating she is not considered a suspect and poor JS must be going through so much, and poor JS was so manipulated she had no choice to lie and scheme her way through those interviews. Yes, she must be going through so much -- considering her beautiful daughter is dead after being raped for at least 5 years from the tender age of 8, by her live-in/live-out boyfriend, but because she lied more than once, just like SS lied, she clearly needs to be considered a suspect first and foremost until it's otherwise stated she has been cleared (which I can't imagine will happen). If the shoe were on the other foot, say it was the female arrested/charged and we were still waiting on the results of the male's involvement, then I don't believe others would be so quick to ignore the obvious and give him a free pass based on sympathy. Seems like a double standard is being applied. My opinion only of course.
If she was not involved, she certainly deserves to be treated with sympathy. No one is saying she should be treated sympathetically if she was actually involved in the murder. <modsnip> "Lie and scheme her way through those interviews" hasn't been documented enough for me to think that it is fact. LE knows what she said and has an interview that we know nothing about. Again, it is not a fault to want to see if she will be indicted/arrested before judging her, and discussing their seemingly odd relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe his parents are worried about being sued themselves?

Remember those friends of SS calling in to Grey Hughes and saying SS parents paid off roommates in the past to keep quiet about SS having horrible stuff with underage on computers? We discussed it here how it was wrong for any adult who knew this about SS not to warn anyone with kids about it.
Apparently, every adult in Florida is a mandated reporter of abuse: https://www.flcourts.gov/content/download/634439/file/Mandatory-Reporting-of-Abuse-Checklist.pdf

I don't see CSAM in that list, but I hope that anyone who knows of anything in the past that may have been covered up comes forward now.

If she was not involved, she certainly deserves to be treated with sympathy. No one is saying she should be treated sympathetically if she was actually involved in the murder. <modsnip> "Lie and scheme her way through those interviews" hasn't been documented enough for me to think that it is fact. LE knows what she said and has an interview that we know nothing about. Again, it is not a fault to want to see if she will be indicted/arrested before judging her, and discussing their seemingly odd relationship.
We don't know if she was not involved though. It's not about me calling her a suspect. Law enforcement has called her a suspect until proven otherwise. MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know if she was not involved though. It's not about me calling her a suspect. Law enforcement has called her a suspect until proven otherwise. MOO.
Technically they haven’t, but they might as well have.

We know she was lying about the 8:00 sighting of Maddie, as the trash dump occurred a half hour before that. This means the murder would have occurred well before that time, so it wouldn’t simply be a matter of mom being wrong.

Especially when coupled with her statement to the media about seeing her daughter the night before.

Both things cannot be true, and all evidence indicates that neither of them are.

I’ve followed cases where there’s room for someone to be uninvolved in a crime, but this simply isn’t one of them.

I’d have to ignore evidence, and then really, really, really, want her to be innocent for some reason. But my mind doesn’t work like that, and it’s flawed thinking that’s going to make one wrong almost every single time.

She wouldn’t be the first mother to cover for her boyfriend, as this is not a unique phenomenon. She’s not special, she’s just like the rest.

My only question is the extent of her involvement, and regardless of that, I have zero sympathy.

Technically they haven’t, but they might as well have.

We know she was lying about the 8:00 sighting of Maddie, as the trash dump occurred a half hour before that. This means the murder would have occurred well before that time, so it wouldn’t simply be a matter of mom being wrong.

Especially when coupled with her statement to the media about seeing her daughter the night before.

Both things cannot be true, and all evidence indicates that neither of them are.

I’ve followed cases where there’s room for someone to be uninvolved in a crime, but this simply isn’t one of them.

I’d have to ignore evidence, and then really, really, really, want her to be innocent for some reason. But my mind doesn’t work like that, and it’s flawed thinking that’s going to make one wrong almost every single time.

She wouldn’t be the first mother to cover for her boyfriend, as this is not a unique phenomenon. She’s not special, she’s just like the rest.

My only question is the extent of her involvement, and regardless of that, I have zero sympathy.
Well, I'm referring to the previous press conference about a month ago where a reporter asked the Chief of Police at the 4:00 mark:
Reporter: "Is the mother a suspect or a person of interest in this investigation?"
Police Chief Betty Holland: "Everyone that was close to Madeline is considered a suspect until we have proven otherwise."

ETA: I agree with all that you've pointed out here @MassGuy.
Some really want her to be an innocent victim in this, to the extent of excusing the known evidence to date. Whether before, during or after Maddie's death, all signs do point to JS' involvement, at least to some extent. The real victim of course is Madeline, the innocent child. MOO.

Last edited:
Well, I'm referring to the previous press conference about a month ago where a reporter asked the Chief of Police at the 4:00 mark:
Reporter: "Is the mother a suspect or a person of interest in this investigation?"
Police Chief Betty Holland: "Everyone that was close to Madeline is considered a suspect until we have proven otherwise."
Oh I see what you’re saying.

lol, that was a funny statement. Deflection all the way, broadening the scope unnecessarily to others in the family with no motive, means, or opportunity.

We know that she’s the only one on the radar, and it was a perfect opportunity to say something like “we don’t have evidence indicating that at this time.”

Instead, they fed the fire. They did the same at the last one too.

Snipped for focus.

It's really weird though. I've listened to her statements over and over. They imply that she saw Maddie the night before, but she never actually says so.

IMO she says absolutely nothing that I can interpret as proving she saw Maddie in person, alive, on Sunday night.

Oh I see what you’re saying.

lol, that was a funny statement. Deflection all the way, broadening the scope unnecessarily to others in the family with no motive, means, or opportunity.

We know that she’s the only one on the radar, and it was a perfect opportunity to say something like “we don’t have evidence indicating that at this time.”

Instead, they fed the fire. They did the same at the last one too.
They may have evidence on the SS videos/photographs of others being involved to some degree IMO. We just don't know. I think that's why it's taking them so long to investigate. It's a tangled web that's been weaved to figure out who was involved and who was not involved. MOO.

They may have evidence on the SS videos/photographs of others being involved to some degree IMO. We just don't know. I think that's why it's taking them so long to investigate. It's a tangled web that's been weaved to figure out who was involved and who was not involved. MOO.
I don’t think they’re investigating others, I just see it as a transparent way to deny they’re looking at mom specifically. It’s like when you know someone is a suspect, and police say “everyone’s a suspect right now.”

I’ve seen variations of that more times that I can count.

I just think it’s complicated because while they could charge her on the relatively minor crime of perjury, they know there’s more there as one commits perjury for a reason.

But without Stephan talking, it’s gotta be very difficult to prove anything more serious.

Snipped for focus.

It's really weird though. I've listened to her statements over and over. They imply that she saw Maddie the night before, but she never actually says so.

IMO she says absolutely nothing that I can interpret as proving she saw Maddie in person, alive, on Sunday night.
And if she lied about seeing her getting dressed at 08:00 hours, and "we, we, we"... , then how can she be trusted about anything she has said?

Snipped for focus.

This statement really bothered me at the time, and bothers me more knowing what we know now.

Soto told Channel 9 last week that the last conversation she had with her daughter was about her 13th birthday party the night before her disappearance.

“I told her ‘good night,’ and yeah, that was it,” she said.

Incredibly vague, and the “that was it,” seems to be an effort to close the discussion. Nothing to see here, nothing happened after that.

The reporting today that law enforcement believes her death may have occurred shortly after the party, furthers this.

SS didn’t come over early to murder Maddie. I believe he was already there, and attacked her that night. I don’t think Maddie ever went to bed.

We have that in a police report written by the officer, they were there to take a report about a 13 year that didn't go to school and didn't take her cell phone with her and hadn't returned home yet. I don't put much into that as it wasn't a detailed timeline meant to prove anything as in an investigation, it was just a teenager not coming home. JS did not write the statement herself and I find it unlikely that she examined it. From personal experience, most people just want to hurry up and get a report made because they mistakenly think something is immediately going to be done. By the way, many (innocent) parents tell LE things to make themselves look like "good" parents when reporting their kids missing. The admonition is to deter people from false reporting, as in claiming your car was stolen when you crashed it, insurance fraud on a burglary, or faking a kidnapping. I doubt that she will be indicted/arrested/prosecuted for a crime just because of what was written by the officer in the first report combined with what was said in an interview with the media. I don't see that she obstructed the investigation with false information. If she did something in a formal LE interview and statement, that would be different.
Police{ Chief Betty Holland: "Everyone that was close to Madeline is considered a suspect until we have proven otherwise."
Said every Chief and Sheriff, clearly not the same as naming them as a suspect.

We have that in a police report written by the officer, they were there to take a report about a 13 year that didn't go to school and didn't take her cell phone with her and hadn't returned home yet. I don't put much into that as it wasn't a detailed timeline meant to prove anything as in an investigation, it was just a teenager not coming home. JS did not write the statement herself and I find it unlikely that she examined it. From personal experience, most people just want to hurry up and get a report made because they mistakenly think something is immediately going to be done. By the way, many (innocent) parents tell LE things to make themselves look like "good" parents when reporting their kids missing. The admonition is to deter people from false reporting, as in claiming your car was stolen when you crashed it, insurance fraud on a burglary, or faking a kidnapping. I doubt that she will be indicted/arrested/prosecuted for a crime just because of what was written by the officer in the first report combined with what was said in an interview with the media. I don't see that she obstructed the investigation with false information. If she did something in a formal LE interview and statement, that would be different.

Said every Chief and Sheriff, clearly not the same as naming them as a suspect.
It’s not a detailed timeline, it’s a simple statement of fact. “When did you last see your daughter?” Is by no means a complicated question to answer.

The officer wouldn’t have pulled those details out of thin air. Time, location, what was going on.

She said she saw her getting ready for school, which is impossible based on the timeline. Even if we give her some leeway regarding the time this occurred, it still doesn’t work.

If she’s lying to save face, it’s as pointless as it is sickening. Some beat cop doesn’t care about optics, he cares about getting the facts and filing a report.

And those details are important, as a life could be on the line.

He jots down those details, she signs the report, and thus, commits a crime.

Maddie was dead by 8:00. Maddie was almost certainly dead by 7:30. Maddie was likely dead many hours before that.

I have no doubt SS murdered Maddie, and her own mother helped him cover it up. I just wonder why, and her level of complicity.

Exactly Mass Guy:

"And that was it."

Very peculiar wording.
She had a similar phrasing when JS gave an interview to Telemundo in Spanish....
She calmly says.... around 1:10 in the video.... (this is in the first day or two of her disappearance)

"manejo....Y se fue!!!" With a flick of her hand "away"... very dismissive and as if to say, that's it! That's all I know! (About leaving after seeing Maddie walking away in the church parking lot WHICH WE ALL KNOW DID NOT HAPPEN EVER EVER THAT DAY SINCE SHE WAS DEAD ALREADY.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member