Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I can't tell you how many cases I've followed on here where stress and panic were visible. I actually can't think of one where someone had this affect and was innocent. One cool cucumber. As bad as that was though, her own words that are far more incriminating.
After following true crime for 50+ years, I'm pretty sure I've seen about every reaction, expected and unexpected alike, that there probably is. Full on freak-out mode all the way to catatonic and in auto-pilot.

We all know everyone responds differently, and every situation, and every person is completely unique. Even moreso, I've seen folks both innocent AND guilty respond in exactly the same ways. So for me, her seemingly flat affect means next to nothing as far as whether she's innocent or not.

jmo

I find the entire situation bizarre. J wasn't at Madeline's birthday party, which was huge IMO. A young girl turning 13 is a BIG, big deal. You're a real teenager now.

J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening.

J made the statement "We dropped her off at school that morning", that has proven to be false and it is a significant lie to tell when you are recounting your story to LE because your daughter is missing.

SS saying he dropped Madeline off away from the school because she was embarrassed by his car? Had that ever happened before that day? We know Madeline's book bag, computer etc. was found in a dumpster near SS's residence IIRC. So how did they get there if SS dropped her off and drove away leaving her walking towards the school?

If LE has proof, which it looks like they do in spades, of SS assaulting Madeline for years, I just don't know how a mother wouldn't have at some point known something was way off. We're talking a period of 5 years and never ANY sign at all that the relationship between Madeline and SS was somehow inappropriate?

I have fur babies and I can tell when something is amiss with them. How does an involved (maybe) mother miss the signs for all those years?

Mr. SS needs a date with Florida's DR when found guilty IMO and he needs to be dragged into every single, solitary hearing and future trail. I am sick to death of these Defendants choosing not to participate.

You participated and committed these crimes SS, so yes, you will sit in Court and listen to the evidence of your sick, perverted actions. I don't care if you want to or not. Madeline didn't have a choice to participate did she? :mad:

MOO

After following true crime for 50+ years, I'm pretty sure I've seen about every reaction, expected and unexpected alike, that there probably is. Full on freak-out mode all the way to catatonic and in auto-pilot.

We all know everyone responds differently, and every situation, and every person is completely unique. Even moreso, I've seen folks both innocent AND guilty respond in exactly the same ways. So for me, her seemingly flat affect means next to nothing as far as whether she's innocent or not.

jmo
For me it's the totality of J's lies and actions, or non-action in some cases, during the key moments of her daughter being missing.

MOO

SS saying he dropped Madeline off away from the school because she was embarrassed by his car?
This is the first I've seen this. I don't remember reading or hearing this before. I thought they said she was dropped off there so she could meet with friends and walk to school (not unbelievable at the time).

Was he was driving a c.1996, beat up utility truck covered in faded decals or something? Not a good lie there SS. Also it's not YOUR truck it's your dad's.

This is the first I've seen this. I don't remember reading or hearing this before. I thought they said she was dropped off there so she could meet with friends and walk to school (not unbelievable at the time).

Was he was driving a c.1996, beat up utility truck covered in faded decals or something? Not a good lie there SS. Also it's not YOUR truck it's your dad's.
I've been following this from a high level, but I remember that statement early on. I remembered because that would be such a 'teenage' thing to do. Kind of like "Don't embarrass me in this crap car, let me out ahead and I'll walk". Of course, we now know it was a lie.

I'm sure somebody here has a link or can point in the right direction. I'll try and find it myself in the meantime.

"It remains unclear why she was dropped off at this location, but Sheriff Mina said she was possibly "embarrassed" by her vehicle and asked her mom's boyfriend to be dropped off there."

Fox35 Orlando Article

For me it's the totality of J's lies and actions, or non-action in some cases, during the key moments of her daughter being missing.

MOO
As far as I'm aware, she only said 2 things that were not accurate.

The first was saying "we" when she was talking about SS dropping MS off for school when it was not them, together, it was just him. I get why she said "we" when she meant him. I know people who speak this way and it's annoying, but I know what they mean. Even in the interview she actually clarified and stated fully she meant him specifically, even though she was saying "we". The people I know personally will also do the exact same thing and clarify who they mean when they say "we". It's just the way some folks speak.

The second was saying she saw MS getting dressed for school that morning at 8am, in her written statement to LE. We clearly know that's not true, but what we don't know (among the tons of other details we don't know), is if she later corrected herself and said something like "no, I was mistaken, that wasn't this morning after all". Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. We don't know.

jmo

And there's lots of people who've been following true crime for years and seen every single reaction on the book that believe she is acting objectively strange.
Indeed, and I see it as well. Physical mannerisms, flat affect, inconsistant statements, etc.

Yet someone acting strange or giving off a weird vibe (Shane Carey) doesn't mean a thing until or unless the evidence proves one way or another if they had something to do with the crime, or not. An old retired cop I know used to say stuff like "you can't arrest someone for acting sketchy". Just meaning, someone acting weird (to you, or to me) doesn't automatically mean anything.

jmo

I find the entire situation bizarre. J wasn't at Madeline's birthday party, which was huge IMO. A young girl turning 13 is a BIG, big deal. You're a real teenager now.

J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening.

J made the statement "We dropped her off at school that morning", that has proven to be false and it is a significant lie to tell when you are recounting your story to LE because your daughter is missing.

SS saying he dropped Madeline off away from the school because she was embarrassed by his car? Had that ever happened before that day? We know Madeline's book bag, computer etc. was found in a dumpster near SS's residence IIRC. So how did they get there if SS dropped her off and drove away leaving her walking towards the school?

If LE has proof, which it looks like they do in spades, of SS assaulting Madeline for years, I just don't know how a mother wouldn't have at some point known something was way off. We're talking a period of 5 years and never ANY sign at all that the relationship between Madeline and SS was somehow inappropriate?

I have fur babies and I can tell when something is amiss with them. How does an involved (maybe) mother miss the signs for all those years?

Mr. SS needs a date with Florida's DR when found guilty IMO and he needs to be dragged into every single, solitary hearing and future trail. I am sick to death of these Defendants choosing not to participate.

You participated and committed these crimes SS, so yes, you will sit in Court and listen to the evidence of your sick, perverted actions. I don't care if you want to or not. Madeline didn't have a choice to participate did she? :mad:

MOO
J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening. "And yeah that's it". Then she told LE She saw her getting dressed in at 8:00. Makes me sick. MOO

"J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening.
J made the statement "We dropped her off at school that morning."

Giving the mom the benefit of the doubt here, if these are true facts (her meaning HE says he dropped her off at school and HE says he saw her getting dressed), and the mom was completely clueless, then that means Sterns went to Madeline's bed in the middle of the night after Jennifer was asleep to rape her probably. Maybe his usual MO was to choke her, if she wouldn't comply. This time he choked her too hard.

"J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening.
J made the statement "We dropped her off at school that morning."

Giving the mom the benefit of the doubt here, if these are true facts (her meaning HE says he dropped her off at school and HE says he saw her getting dressed), and the mom was completely clueless, then that means Sterns went to Madeline's bed in the middle of the night after Jennifer was asleep to rape her probably. Maybe his usual MO was to choke her, if she wouldn't comply. This time he choked her too hard.
Still no excuse for lying period.MOO BTW It was her that said she saw Madeline getting dressed,not Stern's.

Last edited:
For me it was her "I'm a wreck right now", as she calmly stared, doe-eyed into the camera.

At the time I was like .. hun, really? That's you as a wreck? Cuz I can't find my car keys for 10 minutes and I am a MUCH bigger "wreck".
For me it was her saying she thinks she was " Taken ". I don't think my mind could go there, just thinking about that makes it hard to breathe.

IMO, some people hold their stress and panic within and shut-down, into "freeze" mode, while their mind is racing.
This can be VERY true for some people and totally describes my mother, and likely for some other people. I wouldn't exactly call it "freeze" mode with her, but more "acting totally normal" mode.

So much so that when her mother died in a retirement home she was bothered once she got home thinking they must think she's an uncaring <bad word> with how she acted. She cried and was upset once her dealings at the home were over, but she worried about how she came across as totally uncaring when she was there. She just gets into this "taking care of business" mode when attending to important things like someone's death.

While I think JS is guilty of a lot, I wouldn't necessarily think just because she didn't display stress and panic in a way like others think she should have, that she wasn't stressed out. IMO she had to be stressed out because at the time of those interviews she knew her daughter wasn't missing, she knew she was dead.

I'm thinking what she was feeling was more disbelief at the situation (I'm sure she cared that her daughter was dead), which can make things feel very surreal and dreamlike.

"It remains unclear why she was dropped off at this location, but Sheriff Mina said she was possibly "embarrassed" by her vehicle and asked her mom's boyfriend to be dropped off there."

Fox35 Orlando Article
yes, Sheriff Mina said that at the press conference .... that spin was told by them to LE as an excuse why she was taken to another location. then compounded by another 'we' explanation: 'she wanted to walk'.

JS laments in her interview LE is not returning her calls and she hasnt received updates. jeez, maybe because they are investigating on location, a search location the 'WE' in her equation gave LE. background efforts are in play, pulling cctv, forensics on madeline's phone, etc. yet her sister, not her, is on site telling JS whats happening, including LE looking at the church cctv.

LE proceeded as if SS and JS were being truthful as to Madeline's last known location. it didnt take LE very long to discover "Madeline is Missing' was all BS. but the most alarming discovery in the investigation prior to locating her deceased: years of SA :(:mad:

We know Madeline's book bag, computer etc. was found in a dumpster near SS's residence IIRC. So how did they get there if SS dropped her off and drove away leaving her walking towards the school?
We know from LE pressers that SS was seen on video @ 7:35am dumping her backpack and laptop in the dumpster on their property. I don't have the timestamp to the presser video off the top of my head so doing second best and posted something close from MSM.

He had been seen on surveillance video dumping her school backpack and laptop in a dumpster, before driving her body away in a car when he had claimed he was taking her to school.

Notes I took when listening to the presser say:

7:35am – Sheriff Mina states in the follow-up presser (before she was found), SS was on video at 7:35am tossing her belongings in the trash bin in her apt complex.

I can't imagine that she didn't suspect something, so I'm thinking SS gaslighted her making her doubt herself and her suspicions.

This is the first I've seen this (embarrassed by his car). I don't remember reading or hearing this before. I thought they said she was dropped off there so she could meet with friends and walk to school (not unbelievable at the time).
Not the first I've heard of her supposed embarrassment about the car as being the reason for being dropped off a block or so away from school, but for the life of me, I don't recall where I heard that so let's just call it MOO.

Fox35 Orlando Article
starts at 14:31 He says the Initial information was ( embarrassed of the car) he doesn't say where he got that info from( although it's pretty safe to assume JS or SS)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member