Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
"J says she talked with Madeline after the party and she showed her and SS the birthday gifts later on that evening.
J made the statement "We dropped her off at school that morning."

Giving the mom the benefit of the doubt here, if these are true facts (her meaning HE says he dropped her off at school and HE says he saw her getting dressed), and the mom was completely clueless, then that means Sterns went to Madeline's bed in the middle of the night after Jennifer was asleep to rape her probably. Maybe his usual MO was to choke her, if she wouldn't comply. This time he choked her too hard.
a few facts that were revealed by Sheriff Mina in the press conference: it is believed he MOVED her body in the early morning hours.....then: SS's license plate is captured near her school at 8:10am. 8:19am: Madeline was observed in his vehicle when HE RETURNED to the complex. no confirmation she was in the vehicle when he left.

seems to me after he disposed of her belongings at 7:35am he went and retrieved her body from somewhere...Im guessing because of the 'moved her body in the early morning hours' LE statement....IMO, she was at a temporary location for her to be seen 'returning with him'. but why did he return with her...? was JS there? when did he leave again to be seen at 1:20pm on Old Hickory Road? (supposed flat tire).

and most importantly, what was Madeline wearing when found? if school clothes, kind of hard to reconcile she was alive considering LE's statement 'she was moved in the early morning hours'. was her party dress still in the home? was there evidence of her changing into bed clothes that sunday nite?

the public has no information confirmed by LE as to JS, SS and Madeline's whereabouts well after the bd party sunday nite ended: specifically, if they were all in the apartment together overnight.

After following true crime for 50+ years, I'm pretty sure I've seen about every reaction, expected and unexpected alike, that there probably is. Full on freak-out mode all the way to catatonic and in auto-pilot.

We all know everyone responds differently, and every situation, and every person is completely unique. Even moreso, I've seen folks both innocent AND guilty respond in exactly the same ways. So for me, her seemingly flat affect means next to nothing as far as whether she's innocent or not.

jmo
That's why you couple it with what she actually said, because one tells you that she probably needs a closer look, while the other confirms it.

Basically "Ok, this behavior is really concerning, has she said anything that doesn't add up?" She sure has ---Jenn sees dead people.

• "Tyler Wallace, Madeline's biological father, gave his first interview on Friday and talked about his grief for his daughter, as well as his desire for answers
  • When asked what he thinks of stepdad and prime suspect Stephan Sterns, he said: 'I don't want to say that on camera. Every father knows what I'm thinking'."

I'm new to this case, but
OMG
this is one of the most disgusting crimes I have ever followed on WS :mad:

I literally feel sick while reading the reports.

This poor girl :(
My heart breaks.

RIP sweetheart.

Madeline Soto's biological father breaks his silence

Last edited by a moderator:
Except if that were the case they probably wouldn’t have added premeditation.

ETA: as awful as a rage killing would be, it’s even worse that it was premeditated. This guy is just evil.
I was away for the past two days and it appears that a lot has happened in this case. Could someone just give me a quick update on any major findings? Thanks!

I was away for the past two days and it appears that a lot has happened in this case. Could someone just give me a quick update on any major findings? Thanks!
We’re just rehashing the charges and what they might mean for how Maddie was killed. Unless you were away when the murder charges were handed down? That was Wednesday though. First degree murder with premeditation.

ETA: aside from that no new developments.

The only new thing is that Shannon Butler, a reporter with Orlando’s ABC affiliate, told Court TV that sources say Maddie was likely killed right after her birthday party (Sunday night).

If true, it moves the murder to late Sunday into early Monday, as opposed to around the time of the trash dump that morning.

This would make mom’s lie about seeing Maddie getting ready for school even worse.

The only new thing is that Shannon Butler, a reporter with Orlando’s ABC affiliate, told Court TV that sources say Maddie was likely killed right after her birthday party (Sunday night).

If true, it moves the murder to late Sunday into early Monday, as opposed to around the time of the trash dump that morning.

This would make mom’s lie about seeing Maddie getting ready for school even worse.
Every time I think I've come to terms with how awful this case is, something comes along to smack me in the face again.

I just wish I could wind back the clock and swoop in and rescue this poor kid.

The sad thing about this case is the way it's interwoven with Disney, a brand known for its fairy stories about characters being rescued from mistreatment and peril.

Madeline so desperately needed rescuing. And nobody rescued her.

MOO

a few facts that were revealed by Sheriff Mina in the press conference: it is believed he MOVED her body in the early morning hours.....then: SS's license plate is captured near her school at 8:10am. 8:19am: Madeline was observed in his vehicle when HE RETURNED to the complex. no confirmation she was in the vehicle when he left.

seems to me after he disposed of her belongings at 7:35am he went and retrieved her body from somewhere...Im guessing because of the 'moved her body in the early morning hours' LE statement....IMO, she was at a temporary location for her to be seen 'returning with him'. but why did he return with her...? was JS there? when did he leave again to be seen at 1:20pm on Old Hickory Road? (supposed flat tire).

and most importantly, what was Madeline wearing when found? if school clothes, kind of hard to reconcile she was alive considering LE's statement 'she was moved in the early morning hours'. was her party dress still in the home? was there evidence of her changing into bed clothes that sunday nite?

the public has no information confirmed by LE as to JS, SS and Madeline's whereabouts well after the bd party sunday nite ended: specifically, if they were all in the apartment together overnight.
I believe media reports on the photo that Sheriff Marcos Lopez posted that appeared to be of MS’s body at the crime scene said that the clothes matched the public description of what she was last seen wearing: source, another source

Green sweatshirt wouldn’t be unusual for any occasion, but I do think it would be odd if she got home from her party on Sunday night and changed into jeans. I also think if other people came over that night and saw her in that outfit, it might have been reported on.

I think it’s possible that the reports that she was wearing jeans could be slightly incorrect, as it seems the photo wasn’t clear or particularly graphic, so maybe she was wearing some sort of loungewear that could look like jeans if you’re expecting jeans. It also could be that, if the murder happened after or during the course of a sexual assault, SS dressed her afterward.

Every time I think I've come to terms with how awful this case is, something comes along to smack me in the face again.

I just wish I could wind back the clock and swoop in and rescue this poor kid.

The sad thing about this case is the way it's interwoven with Disney, a brand known for its fairy stories about characters being rescued from mistreatment and peril.

Madeline so desperately needed rescuing. And nobody rescued her.

MOO
It is sickening.

And to think what all she'd already survived, leading up to her 13th birthday, only to face abuse that wasn't survivable. So very very unfair. That day. All the days. Forward and back.

<modsnip: veering off topic>

There is no justice for M.

And we're all too late but may it somehow bring balance to the universe that we stand here, in perpetual vigil, until SS is brought to justice, permanently removed from society <modsnip>.

 JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
reposting for info about her whereabouts at 7:35 am
I do appreciate Shanon Butler's reporting and certainly appreciate they get bits and pieces not stated directly by LE to the public. I always lean toward hearing it from LE firsthand. :)

if this info she received is valid which is Madeline might have been in the vehicle at dumpster time, as they all discussed in the media reporting video:

the missing piece to many is the statement by LE: 'believed he moved her body in the early morning hours' but doesnt say from where to where.

there certainly are various possibilities why he would return with her in the car, but it seems so risky!

I also have been pondering more graphic (warning!) details of his assaults. Once again, I don't know too much about the "material to his illegal tastes" and the preferences of child abusers in general, but the high preference for oral stood out to me when we first saw the document. I was not expecting it, and now it bugs me, but I am not sure, why. It just seems off. (not like anything about SS would be normal) I was also not expecting for such detailed info about abuse of a minor to be published, tbh, and I am not sure how I feel about that.
He may not have captured all of his abuse of Maddie. He may have filmed/photographed only a smidgen of times he assaulted her. Maybe those times you speak of were the easiest to record when his hands were free. We don't know. MOO.

I do appreciate Shanon Butler's reporting and certainly appreciate they get bits and pieces not stated directly by LE to the public. I always lean toward hearing it from LE firsthand. :)

if this info she received is valid which is Madeline might have been in the vehicle at dumpster time, as they all discussed in the media reporting video:

the missing piece to many is the statement by LE: 'believed he moved her body in the early morning hours' but doesnt say from where to where.

there certainly are various possibilities why he would return with her in the car, but it seems so risky!
I agree very risky;
we've never been told if his vehicle was seen entering the complex before 7:35
only that he left at 7:35 and was seen on a plate reader at 8:10 driving away from the school.Returning to the complex at 8:19 allegedly because he forgot a key fob. (That was one report, not sure why he would even need to explain that)
Like he didn't know cameras caught his location?
We've never been told when he left again after 8:19 only that he was spotted changing a flat around 1:20 pm near the recovery site.
If she was in the vehicle at 7:35 I thought it made sense he drove around the school to form an alibi and explained her position as she was sleeping. But why return with her? why risk driving around with her deceased in the car?
Is it possible, that he even shut Jenn's alarm off, told her he would take Maddi to school ( she is already deceased in the car and Jenn doesn't see), and then returned at 8:19 with Maddi saying he doesn't know what happened she died in the car? maybe implying Madi may have gotten into Jenn's rx's? It's a long shot but I can't think of a reason Jenn would cover for him.
Yes I get some women can choose men over their children, but to me, it feels more like she'd be covering for herself. or what she may have been led to believe and then perceive as covering for herself. Because at this point she has no reason to cover for him anymore. Maybe she was waiting for tox to come back too.
I hope they have hired an entomologist who will be able to pinpoint exactly when she died.

JS wasn't on video throwing away evidence or in the car hiding her daughter's body, and I don't think it's likely SS would have left JS alone at home if she knew what he was doing. All JMO.

However, if JS was involved, SS might leave JS behind to "clean" the house, while he did the"schoolrun" with MS.

She wouldn't be on camera doing a load of laundry or other things that could clean up evidence inside the house, right?

We still have no idea how poor MS died, or when she died or what went on after her party in that residence.

There is a possibility JS and maybe others were involved.

However, if JS was involved, SS might leave JS behind to "clean" the house, while he did the"schoolrun" with MS.

She wouldn't be on camera doing a load of laundry or other things that could clean up evidence inside the house, right?

We still have no idea how poor MS died, or when she died or what went on after her party in that residence.

Not saying it was JS, but someone would have had to clean. However Madeline died, even if it was 'bloodless', there are other bodily fluids to consider. Everything relaxes postmortem. The change of her trousers may have been one of pure practicality, as part of that cleanup. There would have been laundry done or clothing and/or bedding disposed of. There would have been cleaning done of the scene. The question remains as to what was done, and by whom.

MOO

Oh my goodness, that poor child. Off with their heads! IMO

And thank you, MassGuy.

We’re just rehashing the charges and what they might mean for how Maddie was killed. Unless you were away when the murder charges were handed down? That was Wednesday though. First degree murder with premeditation.

ETA: aside from that no new developments.
Thanks so much and yes, I was here for the murder charges.

Im pretty sure its just my own belief system, that makes it so difficult for me to believe a mother would do that willingly. Its not that I think Jenn in particular is innocent as much as It shocks the hell out of me that anyone, mother or father would choose a partner over a kid ( in a situation like this,murder) I know people hate when you say 'Id never do that or I would have" but hell would need to freeze over before I chose anyone over my kid, I would even choose my kid before myself. and for that reason, for me, its hard to comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43