Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this about a key fob, please?
its really nothing, but ill post where she says it
starts at about 24:00
and my point was I don't get the significance of the clicker( key fob) What was he trying to explain? I dont know if anyone else can make sense of it ( between 23:00 AND 25:46)

Last edited:
and my point was I don't get the significance of the clicker( key fob) What was he trying to explain?
I think he’s trying to explain him leaving the apartment and then coming back with Madeline still in the vehicle.

It makes absolutely no sense, as if this controls the gate, how did he get back in to retrieve the key fob that would allow him to get back in?

We know he left and returned, but the fob isn’t going to be the reason. Total mystery at this stage.

and my point was I don't get the significance of the clicker( key fob) What was he trying to explain? I dont know if anyone else can make sense of it ( between 23:00 AND 25:46)
If he had to go back for a fob how’d he enter to be visible on cam? Wouldn’t he have needed said fob to ya know…enter? I didn’t watch the video and I prob should have before commenting so if I misunderstood this pls help me understand- I cannot watch another video about this guy.

ETA I made this post before seeing the one directly above that made the same remark.

While it's hard most people to believe, as we don't relate to that scenario at all, I find this easy to believe. Why? Because it happens all the time. There's tons of precedent for mothers siding with their significant other over their own child. So would a mother do this? Absolutely. Is there evidence that this mother did do this? Absolutely. Did she do this? Time will tell.
JS also is known to have mental health problems. We do not know the history, extent or any possible complicating factors either.

I'm certainly NOT saying every or most parent with bipolar would do such a thing, or be inclined to it, or anything of that nature, only we do already know JS had some level of mental illness. So, I think it is reasonable to also consider she might make really bad choices in a manic or impulsive state, and/or could have components to her illness we are not aware of. This could also be why we have not seen or heard anything from her since the interviews right after MS was reported missing.

And of course, other parents have sided with an SO who was purely evil, for reasons that were inexplicable and appear totally selfish. i.e. start a new "kid free" life, or apparently no reason at all. Plenty of sad examples here on WS of it. :(

Question: Could a it be premeditation if SS did something so awful/extreme that a reasonable person would think: that action could result in her death, so by choosing to do that, whatever he did was premeditated?

I hate to even go there mentally, but he is suck a disgusting sicko....

Trying to sort what other possible motivation he had for killing her. If JS & SS didn't want MS around anymore, it seems clear she never told her father and stepmom of the abuse, so they could have sent her to live there, right?

I think he’s trying to explain him leaving the apartment and then coming back with Madeline still in the vehicle.

It makes absolutely no sense, as if this controls the gate, how did he get back in to retrieve the key fob that would allow him to get back in?

We know he left and returned, but the fob isn’t going to be the reason. Total mystery at this stage.
Speculation: The leaving and returning makes me curious about someone else potentially being involved.

That is SS was going to take MS to someone and they told SS to go pound sand, so he came back to the Soto residence to whine about it to JS and come up with a PLan B.

Perhaps he called Jenn from the gate and asked her to bring it to him. Maybe she wasn't going to be available later in the day so he figured he had to go at that time in order to get it from her or he wouldn't be able to come and go as he pleased.

With that said, I believe it's a manned station at the gate. I can't imagine the gatekeeper not allowing a resident inside just because they forgot their keyfob so returning to get it doesn't make sense as you said.

Lastly, don't most people attach their keyfobs to a keyring?? You know, that holds your car key AND house key and any other important keys (PO Box if you have one, etc.). No one in their right mind would carry around 2 separate fobs to keep track of.

If he had to go back for a fob how’d he enter to be visible on cam? Wouldn’t he have needed said fob to ya know…enter? I didn’t watch the video and I prob should have before commenting so if I misunderstood this pls help me understand- I cannot watch another video about this guy.

ETA I made this post before seeing the one directly above that made the same remark.
A manned gatekeeper might let a resident in to retrieve it so he can drive through at his leisure later that day, and not have to deal with a gatekeeper who may just need to take the time to make a report about those sorts of incidents.

Perhaps he called Jenn from the gate and asked her to bring it to him. Maybe she wasn't going to be available later in the day so he figured he had to go at that time in order to get it from her or he wouldn't be able to come and go as he pleased.

With that said, I believe it's a manned station at the gate. I can't imagine the gatekeeper not allowing a resident inside just because they forgot their keyfob so returning to get it doesn't make sense as you said.

Lastly, don't most people attach their keyfobs to a keyring?? You know, that holds your car key AND house key and any other important keys (PO Box if you have one, etc.). No one in their right mind would carry around 2 separate fobs to keep track of.
Yes, and interesting….. and I am not defending the ‘perp’ here…… just trying to fill in the blanks…… but wasn’t he driving his father’s car? Or was that the trip later in the day? Reason being…… if it was his father’s car, maybe he wasn’t carrying all controlling access fobs for the apartment on those keys? Originally? MOO

Yes, and interesting….. and I am not defending the ‘perp’ here…… just trying to fill in the blanks…… but wasn’t he driving his father’s car? Or was that the trip later in the day? Reason being…… if it was his father’s car, maybe he wasn’t carrying all controlling access fobs for the apartment on those keys? Originally? MOO
Yes, it was his father's car (likely because he didn't have one). Just a guess on my part, and I welcome anyone to correct me if they know the answer... but I'm thinking while it was indeed his father's car, it wasn't his father's main car, and that he 'gave' it to SS to use. IOW, it was SS's car but not legally. I know some parents will 'give' a car to a grown child without putting it in their name. You know... permanently borrowing it. lol

As far as I'm aware, she only said 2 things that were not accurate.

The first was saying "we" when she was talking about SS dropping MS off for school when it was not them, together, it was just him. I get why she said "we" when she meant him. I know people who speak this way and it's annoying, but I know what they mean. Even in the interview she actually clarified and stated fully she meant him specifically, even though she was saying "we". The people I know personally will also do the exact same thing and clarify who they mean when they say "we". It's just the way some folks speak.

The second was saying she saw MS getting dressed for school that morning at 8am, in her written statement to LE. We clearly know that's not true, but what we don't know (among the tons of other details we don't know), is if she later corrected herself and said something like "no, I was mistaken, that wasn't this morning after all". Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. We don't know.

jmo
Well, we don't know at this time how many things she has said or did that are not accurate.

There's a sworn document of her stating she saw her daughter "getting dressed for school" at 08:00am. It clearly wasn't a slip of the tongue to say she was getting dressed for school around 08:00. I could see the possibility of a LE officer writing the wrong time and it wasn't noticed when she swore on her statement, but how does one explain "getting dressed for school" around 08:00. It's too specific to be a mistake.

Saying "we" instead of "I" or "He" is not normal imo when every detail matters and you're seeking support to help find your missing child. With her excellent communication skills as seen during her interviews, she would be aware of this. Not only that, she described the details of her being dropped off and walking toward school as having actually seen her daughter do that. Again, her excellent communication skills would have informed her to say, "My partner told me that he dropped her off at 08:40 and saw her walk toward the school ...". Someone with excellent communication skills knows intrinsically which words to use, and when.

There's many other discrepancies as well. It's the totality of her performance that makes people suspect her motives and that are hard to explain away as this or that.

MOO.

The arraignment is expected to begin at 1:30 p.m.

The only new thing is that Shannon Butler, a reporter with Orlando’s ABC affiliate, told Court TV that sources say Maddie was likely killed right after her birthday party (Sunday night).

If true, it moves the murder to late Sunday into early Monday, as opposed to around the time of the trash dump that morning.

This would make mom’s lie about seeing Maddie getting ready for school even worse.
And her going to sleep without getting on her laptop,leaving her phone behind,not going inside the school to check why she wasn't there. Very sus. MOO

whether he had a key fob or not, why did he even mention it? to justify what? If he lived there why explain his return for that specifically ?
Is it because he initially said he ran errands( vape juice) and then he was confronted with the video evidence?
Did he live there or not? he also said, "Maddi was happy we were all together here" but how is that unlike any other day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member