Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the form where SS claimed to be indigent (asking for public defender), the only asset he listed was his vehicle valued at $4000. So technically he's claiming ownership of the Lincoln MKZ.

Looks like pretrial was set today for 7/10/24. This is for CF001293, the murder case. I highly doubt he's gonna show up or end up on camera today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_095318_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240429_095318_Drive.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9
In the form where SS claimed to be indigent (asking for public defender), the only asset he listed was his vehicle valued at $4000. So technically he's claiming ownership of the Lincoln MKZ.

Looks like pretrial was set today for 7/10/24. This is for CF001293, the murder case. I highly doubt he's gonna show up or end up on camera today.
Why would he - what would the incentive be? He's beyond screwed no matter what at this point I reckon.

They need to drag him out of that cell!:mad:
I’m curious, why doesn
its really nothing, but ill post where she says it
starts at about 24:00
and my point was I don't get the significance of the clicker( key fob) What was he trying to explain? I dont know if anyone else can make sense of it ( between 23:00 AND 25:46)
I love that picture of Madeline. You can see her maturing into a young lady and how she enjoys stylish fashions. Her pretty wavy long hair and she looks so carefree waving the banner. It breaks your heart to think of the horrendous experiences she’s been put through in her short life.

Madeline Soto: Arraignment for Stephan Sterns, man accused of killing girlfriend's daughter, canceled Monday​

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - UPDATE: Stephan Sterns' arraignment on Monday has been canceled, an Osceola County court administrator told FOX 35.

Madeline Soto: Arraignment for Stephan Sterns, man accused of killing girlfriend's daughter, canceled Monday​

KISSIMMEE, Fla. - UPDATE: Stephan Sterns' arraignment on Monday has been canceled, an Osceola County court administrator told FOX 35.
Hmmmmm.... I wonder what the reason is for today's cancellation? Another bombshell to come?

Hmmmmm.... I wonder what the reason is for today's cancellation? Another bombshell to come?

So, he is still not formally charged with the murder of MS but has an indictment for the crime? Or the arraignment is cancelled due to Counsel representing the defendant has waived arraignment if said counsel files a written plea of not guilty at or before arraignment. Or any number of other reasons......and that's about it

Well, we don't know at this time how many things she has said or did that are not accurate.

There's a sworn document of her stating she saw her daughter "getting dressed for school" at 08:00am. It clearly wasn't a slip of the tongue to say she was getting dressed for school around 08:00. I could see the possibility of a LE officer writing the wrong time and it wasn't noticed when she swore on her statement, but how does one explain "getting dressed for school" around 08:00. It's too specific to be a mistake.

Saying "we" instead of "I" or "He" is not normal imo when every detail matters and you're seeking support to help find your missing child. With her excellent communication skills as seen during her interviews, she would be aware of this. Not only that, she described the details of her being dropped off and walking toward school as having actually seen her daughter do that. Again, her excellent communication skills would have informed her to say, "My partner told me that he dropped her off at 08:40 and saw her walk toward the school ...". Someone with excellent communication skills knows intrinsically which words to use, and when.

There's many other discrepancies as well. It's the totality of her performance that makes people suspect her motives and that are hard to explain away as this or that.

MOO.
I agree with you. IMO, the 8am "seeing Madeline" JS's sworn statement: when both of them gave their statements, its apparent that SS was confident cameras would not be an issue for him being seen near the school area on the road. he is so confident, he mentions it in his interview with the media.... feigning 'surprise' there were no cameras 'pointing to the street' as if it was so disappointing...actually IMO, he was gloating. but thats a double edge sword having no supportive evidence of a drop off of Madeline and what time it occurred: immediately LE pulls every cctv available, starting with the residence.

at that time SS did not know there was a license plate reader which captured his vehicle at 8:10am. this is where JS's statement fails, and likewise his statement fails as to the timeline drop off. and on and on as far as his movements being captured.

I agree with you, being specific for some information such as 8am, JS stating MS used no electronics before bed, Madeline had the 'best day' at her birthday party, although she wasnt there.....but more importantly describing events of a drop off she was not present for.

Im wondering if we will ever know exactly what happened. SS is not talking. all LE has is his original statement(s) before his arrest for SA and now murder. JS may deny having any knowledge of the abuse all of these years, and anything concerning that nite and morning. her cooperation status is unknown.

So, he is still not formally charged with the murder of MS but has an indictment for the crime? Or the arraignment is cancelled due to Counsel representing the defendant has waived arraignment if said counsel files a written plea of not guilty at or before arraignment. Or any number of other reasons......and that's about it

If he has counsel then we should soon seen the info media will get access to about the grand jury and indictment, no?

WESH is simply reporting

Monday he was scheduled to be arraigned for the murder, that's when he could enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, but he waived that appearance, and was not brought to court.

That will not slow down the case though. Prosecutors have 45 days to decide whether they want to go after the death penalty for Sterns: if they do, they'll have to list aggravating factors to justify it.

If he's still using the public defender, that is still counsel, no? So the public defender should get the discovery and sign off to whatever it is they have to sign (or whatever).
If he entered no plea and the court was cancelled, does this possibly mean he and his counsel are waiting to see if others may also be charged before they decide what their next move will be? Or?

If he entered no plea and the court was cancelled, does this possibly mean he and his counsel are waiting to see if others may also be charged before they decide what their next move will be? Or?
Or maybe he is going to talk? Or has talked and implicated someone else?

This really IS quite confusing.

hmmmm.....

re:"
Monday he was scheduled to be arraigned for the murder, that's when he could enter a plea of guilty or not guilty, but he waived that appearance, and was not brought to court.

That will not slow down the case though. Prosecutors have 45 days to decide whether they want to go after the death penalty for Sterns: if they do, they'll have to list aggravating factors to justify it."

Does this seem correct?

I am so much more familiar with long cold cases, and then I am not from Florida, so quite confused now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann