Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I mean, who’s in control here, him or the court! And now another delay.
The law is in control, the court just exists to interpret the law.
It’s important for society that even those we are certain are guilty, even the most heinous monsters, have their rights respected and receive due process.

Do you think he is going to say JS killed MS and he only disposed of MS remains?

Maybe, but not necessarily. But if he pleads "Not Guilty," what could his defense be? He doesn't have much leeway. (But I speculate LE has evidence that shows who actually committed the murder. Speculation only.)

Do you think he is going to say JS killed MS and he only disposed of MS remains?
I do believe it totally could have happened that way. He had no reason to kill her that we know of for sure. She was an easy access victim to his abuse. It’s possible that perhaps she was also a source of undeclared income via photos and videos if they were being sold by him. Why would he want to and that cash line?

I have wondered if mum did have a temper flare up and maybe things happened by accident. But the grand jury doc says premeditated so I don’t know what to think.

MOO.

My guess for him not attending hearings is that he's exercising his right not to, simply because he's humiliated and ashamed of himself now that everyone knows he's a raging, murderous pedophile and he knows what society thinks of people like him. Including the people that will be sitting in court. Looking at him with pure disgust. Pedophiles are also massive cowards, that's why they hide what they do. He's just doing more hiding.

jmo

I've always thought it could be possible it when down this way. Not betting 100% on it, but it's a possibility in my mind. And if it did, that would explain (to me) why she was hugging all over him before Maddie was even found deceased. That they were in cahoots and JS was thankful for what he did for her. Because with what we know for certain, it's likely that JS knew Maddie was deceased that day (Monday), and I just can't imagine she's be hugging and comforting someone she had just found out killed her only daughter. All MOO

IMO because there was no rush to charge SS, charging him now and with first degree murder implies that prosecutors are confident that SS is the one who did the actual killing and not anyone else (JS, etc.). If they didn't have evidence of him killing her, and only had evidence of him disposing of MS's body, I don't think they would have charged him yet.

TBH if that was the case (they didn't have evidence), I think they would have arrested JS (or tried to find something bigger to charge her with than obstruction of justice or whatever), and then leaned on her hard to try and get more evidence on him.

Hard to say without discovery being released, but I think it's possible he doesn't really put up a defense, and instead his attorney just tries to poke holes in what the prosecution has--eg. fine maybe you can prove he improperly disposed of a corpse, but can you really prove that he did premeditated murder? Juries can be unpredictable, and if they're not offering him a deal there is no reason for him to plead guilty.

It really is difficult to ty and figure out what the motives.

I'm personally leaning towards SS killed MS during some sort of act which any reasonable person would know not to do, and JS has worse problems with mental illness than we suspect.

JMO and speculation on my part.

It really is difficult to ty and figure out what the motives.

I'm personally leaning towards SS killed MS during some sort of act which any reasonable person would know not to do, and JS has worse problems with mental illness than we suspect.

JMO and speculation on my part.

It might have been that the accused allegedly drugged the girl and the dose proved fatal.

JMO

Would that not constitute as manslaughter rather than premeditated murder? Curious.

Giving illegal drugs to a child one must realize that it could be lethal.

ALLEGEDLY.

His behaviour the next day seemed chaotic,
as if murder was not exactly planned beforehand.

But, I guess, toxicology report has the answer.

JMO

Would that not constitute as manslaughter rather than premeditated murder? Curious.
It definitely would exclude premeditation. I’m being redundant, but premeditation requires malice aforethought; they must be able to show intent before the act, whether minutes or hours or days before. I.e. he would not be able to argue, “I didn’t mean for her to die.” If cause of death is drug related, with the premeditation qualifier it would mean he knew very well he was giving her a lethal dose.

I agree with you. IMO, the 8am "seeing Madeline" JS's sworn statement: when both of them gave their statements, its apparent that SS was confident cameras would not be an issue for him being seen near the school area on the road. he is so confident, he mentions it in his interview with the media.... feigning 'surprise' there were no cameras 'pointing to the street' as if it was so disappointing...actually IMO, he was gloating. but thats a double edge sword having no supportive evidence of a drop off of Madeline and what time it occurred: immediately LE pulls every cctv available, starting with the residence.
I wonder if during his ride-around with the police, might LE have simply told him there were no cameras pointing to the street, and he ran with that as his truth? How would he be able to tell there were no cameras on the street, especially if you're doing a ride-along in the back seat of a police car with cameras in the vehicle, watching your every movement and there you are actively searching for every camera with your eyes. I find it hard to believe there would be zero cameras on that street somewhere, even at intersections with red-light cameras, and speed cameras, etc. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaid28