Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you, being specific for some information such as 8am, JS stating MS used no electronics before bed, Madeline had the 'best day' at her birthday party, although she wasnt there.....but more importantly describing events of a drop off she was not present for.
Another thing that is concerning about Jennifer Soto using the improper pronouns. According to that police report, she stated to police that "she, Jennifer" saw Maddie getting dressed for school. Even though it was a lie to begin with, I'm sure she didn't once consider saying "we" saw Maddie getting dressed because that would raise red flags. It's clear she could discern the difference between those pronouns for when it served her purposes. It also states in the report that Stephan took Madeline to school (no mention of "we took her to school" or ""Jenn and Stephan took her to school" in that report). So sometime between the initial report taken at the schoolyard, and the interviews given the next day, JS began manipulating her pronouns. MOO.
ETA: Police report is at 1:35 in the video.

"We believe he moved her body in those early morning hours, and all that is still under investigation," Sheriff Mina said.

There's also video evidence of Sterns returning to his neighborhood, with Madeline Soto visible in that vehicle. Sheriff Mina, however, said that the teenager was already dead at this time.
(source)
"All that" could refer to simply the logistics of the crime, but it could also mean something else. This, together with the omission of when did Madeline or her body leave her home (only returned) and pre-meditation being stated, gives several possibilities. And the body was "moved" not "disposed of", could be a random verb choice, could not.

Did he take her somewhere else to kill her? Was it the aim to kill her, or simply to do whatever killed her and the death was not the end-goal itself but a mere byproduct SS simply did not care about? Why would he return to her home with her dead in the car? When disposing of her laptop etc, did he take them from the home or from his car?

So many questions, could be very important, could be a whole lot of nothing.

I find it hard to believe there would be zero cameras on that street somewhere, even at intersections with red-light cameras, and speed cameras, etc. MOO.
Oh there was a camera, but I dont think the church had a camera, it was on the street, Cody Thomas on court TV demonstrated where it was, when he revisited the Madeline Soto sites of interest for the shows on march 19.

Last edited:
Why did the court document for murder charges include the date 2/27 regarding TOD?
I know the reputable reporter shared info on LE believing MS was killed the night of the party, I just don’t understand why the document didn’t state 2/25-2/26. Why include that Tuesday 2/27?
This part is something I find most disturbing.

I really hope she did die shortly after her party. Of all the horrible things the poor child suffered, it would be even worse if her father was driving to Florida to come search for her, LE was looking, SS & JS were giving those disgusting interviews and she was possibly alive in in some state of terror and pain. :(

This part is something I find most disturbing.

I really hope she did die shortly after her party. Of all the horrible things the poor child suffered, it would be even worse if her father was driving to Florida to come search for her, LE was looking, SS & JS were giving those disgusting interviews and she was possibly alive in in some state of terror and pain. :(
I was originally afraid this is what it meant, too. It was almost more to bear imagining her hidden somewhere alone, wounded in her final hours.

Thinking on it more, I tend to believe that police chose this span because each of these dates contain actions SS took towards the murder they will have to prove. For example, the first date may be a day he was buying things or arranging things to plan for the murder, the second day may be the one he carried out the murder, and the third day may be the dates that he took overt actions to cover up the murder.

This is just my speculation but I fervently hope I am right and our poor girl was not just somewhere suffering.

Perhaps he called Jenn from the gate and asked her to bring it to him. Maybe she wasn't going to be available later in the day so he figured he had to go at that time in order to get it from her or he wouldn't be able to come and go as he pleased.

With that said, I believe it's a manned station at the gate. I can't imagine the gatekeeper not allowing a resident inside just because they forgot their keyfob so returning to get it doesn't make sense as you said.

Lastly, don't most people attach their keyfobs to a keyring?? You know, that holds your car key AND house key and any other important keys (PO Box if you have one, etc.). No one in their right mind would carry around 2 separate fobs to keep track of.
My keys are separate because we have one car. We each have our key rings for other keys and then the car key is separate so either of us can take it.

I was originally afraid this is what it meant, too. It was almost more to bear imagining her hidden somewhere alone, wounded in her final hours.

Thinking on it more, I tend to believe that police chose this span because each of these dates contain actions SS took towards the murder they will have to prove. For example, the first date may be a day he was buying things or arranging things to plan for the murder, the second day may be the one he carried out the murder, and the third day may be the dates that he took overt actions to cover up the murder.

This is just my speculation but I fervently hope I am right and our poor girl was not just somewhere suffering.
I agree. the 27th.....wasnt that the date he spoke on camera to the media with JS....gave his coverup story which she agreed to provide as well?

A Defendant cannot waive their right to an arraignment unless they are represented by an attorney. The arraignment is where he would enter his plea of guilty or not guilty and discuss the amount of bail needed. The court would never let him out on bail because he is a flight risk and a danger to the community. I wonder who his new attorney is? A public defender for sure, unless some other attorney steps up to take the case for publicity, like Jose Baez did.

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
There’s a chance we won’t see or hear from Stephan Sterns until his trial — or possibly ever.

State Attorney Andrew Bain said Sterns isn’t required to appear on any of his court dates, even his trial.

However, Bain said when it comes to his trial, there are serious conversations about the consequences of not attending.

So you have to have a discussion, when you sit on the bench as a judge, you have a long discussion with that person about the all the dangers and the pitfalls and what that really means for them, that you know what rights are going to be given up by doing that. And so we make sure that, you know, that's a longer conversation that has to happen when we get to that point,” Bain said.

Yep, I believe you are right because this video caption says this was on the following Tuesday after she went missing.
yes..... JS: "Im not sure what I am allowed to share" followed up by SS's performance. IMO, she was spooked....but stuck to the 'we' (then qualified it saying 'my partner' dropped her off). he was arrested the next day.

yes..... JS: "Im not sure what I am allowed to share" followed up by SS's performance. IMO, she was spooked....but stuck to the 'we' (then qualified it saying 'my partner' dropped her off). he was arrested the next day.
It was so odd. Reminded me of what we hear people say when they have been advised by an attorney or law enforcement or someone in authority in a film or something when JS said she wasn't sure what she was allowed to share.

YOU SHARE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT HELPS YOUR DAUGHTER BE FOUND.

It was so odd. Reminded me of what we hear people say when they have been advised by an attorney or law enforcement or someone in authority in a film or something when JS said she wasn't sure what she was allowed to share.

YOU SHARE ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING THAT HELPS YOUR DAUGHTER BE FOUND.
That's what it reminds me of too. Would she have had a lawyer by Tuesday when the interviews took place? I doubt it. Had LE already viewed the video of him dumping Maddie's laptop and backpack by then? I think probably. Would LE have suggested to her that SS was a POI because he was the last person to allegedly be alone with MS? I'm not sure they would do that. Maybe she wasn't sure how much information to divulge with all this going on and moving so fast for her.
MOO.

That's what it reminds me of too. Would she have had a lawyer by Tuesday when the interviews took place? I doubt it. Had LE already viewed the video of him dumping Maddie's laptop and backpack by then? I think probably. Would LE have suggested to her that SS was a POI because he was the last person to allegedly be alone with MS? I'm not sure they would do that. Maybe she wasn't sure how much information to divulge with all this going on and moving so fast for her.
MOO.
Honestly, I would not be surprised if her own behavior and conflicting statements shut her out of the investigation until the police arrested SS.

I can’t blame the cops, I mean, why would you share details of the investigation with someone who actively seems to be trying to look as involved in the disappearance as possible?

Honestly, I would not be surprised if her own behavior and conflicting statements shut her out of the investigation until the police arrested SS.

I can’t blame the cops, I mean, why would you share details of the investigation with someone who actively seems to be trying to look as involved in the disappearance as possible?
I don't believe LE would share that with her either. So if it wasn't a lawyer or the police who asked her not to share some details of her daughter's so-called disappearance, then what might be her motivation to say she wasn't sure what she could share. Maybe SS put it in her ear that they shouldn't share this, or share that. What was she trying to protect by making that comment.
MOO.

I don't believe LE would share that with her either. So if it wasn't a lawyer or the police who asked her not to share some details of her daughter's so-called disappearance, then what might be her motivation to say she wasn't sure what she could share. Maybe SS put it in her ear that they shouldn't share this, or share that. What was she trying to protect by making that comment.
MOO.
Could LE have told her they didn't think Maddie walked away on her own , which made JS say she thought she was taken?

MOO.
we do know from the affidavit, the narrative stated when going through his phone, they saw items in the videos/pics of underwear, shirts, blankets and sheets....they contacted the investigators who were 'simultaneously' executing a search warrant to verify the items seen in the pics/videos. which they did. the document is signed and dated 2/28/24, the day he was arrested. IMO they had all the cctv from the complex which captured his vehicle and dumpster activity before SS and JS gave the joint media interview.

IMO, JS was so spooked during the feb 27th media interview that included SS. possibly, LE was keeping their communication to a minimum with her. seems that way since she mentioned in the other interview they werent returning her calls. she says in the other interview she doesnt know what she can share sure can be interpreted they alluded to her something.... when asked what has LE told you that you CAN share? 'they are doing the best they can..they had detectives come out to interview us, took a piece of her clothing for the canine dog to see if they can sniff her out..im not sure when thats being done'.

Could LE have told her they didn't think Maddie walked away on her own , which made JS say she thought she was taken?
hmmm....I really dont think so. IMO, she was steering the investigation into the 'taken' scenario as evidenced by her media interview. saying, she wouldnt run away, she wouldnt just take off without telling her, she didnt make plans with someone (she says she checked her msgs)...she is a 'happy' kid. Madeline's aunt was the only other family member 'on the street' to be approached by the media and gave a statement...aside from family concern, she said she 'wouldnt just run away'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member