Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately, remains still turn up when that happens.

MassGuy, in answer to your earlier question, Maddie also lived in Kissimmee.

SNIPPED: During this timeframe, it is believed Sterns had a flat tire and might have been seen changing it in this area. If anyone has any video footage or remembers seeing Madeline Soto, Stephen Sterns, or the Silver 2010 Lincoln MKZ with FL Tag: IYLL82, please call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS
Does anyone know - did police seize his car as well? I hope so!

Then why is the story out there that he picked her up and took her to the parking lot circulating? Mom said "we" then "he"
:(
Something is a lie here. Mom said she went directly to bed when home from the bday celebration. Didn't use her phone or devices.

"we took her to school...."
Reminiscent of a case local to me- that of Katelin Akens.

That picture of her in her birthday dress made something click for me. Do you suppose SS saw on her phone that she was going to run away and live in the woods when she turned 13? And that is why he killed her right after her 13th birthday? All along I have suspected that SS may have planted those messages on Madeline's phone (still on the fence) but what if her "running away to the woods" was the trigger for his rage? I fully do not believe that she "frequently forgot her phone." I believe it was taken from her and monitored in some kind of coercive control move.

That picture of her in her birthday dress made something click for me. Do you suppose SS saw on her phone that she was going to run away and live in the woods when she turned 13? And that is why he killed her right after her 13th birthday? All along I have suspected that SS may have planted those messages on Madeline's phone (still on the fence) but what if her "running away to the woods" was the trigger for his rage? I fully do not believe that she "frequently forgot her phone." I believe it was taken from her and monitored in some kind of coercive control move.
I’m not sure who wrote the woods thing, but I don’t think it factors into the motive. I think this came down to him either enraged at something, or he killed her to prevent exposure.

Post-presser, WFLA Now Digital Reporter JB Biunno was discussing questions from commenters (typed in the chat next to the presser/digital news report.)

He mentioned the possibility that something tragic shy of homicide could have happened to Madeline in SS's presence, after which SS disposed of her body and school things. The following are my thoughts, not anything JB said: It seems unlikely but possible, but if there was "something that happened that would be apparent in a few months' time," as was mentioned here, that could explain why he panic-wiped his phone and hid her body. All the more reason I hope she is found very soon, so he doesn't try to argue this scenario in court.

We have no evidence that Jenn lied to anyone. The most that can be said right now is that Jenn gave incorrect information to LE and in interviews.

Personally, I never took it as her saying she witnessed Sterns taking Maddie to school and dropping her off. We don’t have any info right now on Jenn’s whereabouts that morning. It seems normal to me that she would share what her boyfriend told her to both LE and in interviews. I also don’t think it is unusual for someone in a long term relationship to say “we” when talking about a parenting thing, even when they weren’t directly involved. IMO calling it a slip up is a stretch.

LE is not definitively ruling Jenn out because they do not yet know what happened. They are, responsibly, reserving judgement until they have facts to support a conclusion. I really hope everyone here tries to do the same when discussing a mother who has just been told her little girl is most likely dead at the hands of her boyfriend.

I’m not sure who wrote the woods thing, but I don’t think it factors into the motive. I think this came down to him either enraged at something, or he killed her to prevent exposure.
I wonder if he gave her an expensive birthday present and then expected a thank you and she refused him and let him know she was going to report him.

"She was so happy, she showed us all her gifts. She's just a happy girl and she showed it on Sunday. When she went to bed she was so happy," said Soto.

Jenn Soto said there was no moment in the evening from when she got home that she had a phone or a laptop indicating that she was having conversations or making plans for Monday

"something that happened that would be apparent in a few months' time"
This statement really makes me wonder if the abuse she suffered at the hands of SS didn't result in an unintended pregnancy given her age. I know abortions are still legal up to 15 weeks in FL, but maybe she refused and was going to use the pregnancy as proof to out him to everyone?

ETA: I'm just theorizing on potential motives. I don't want this to come across like I am blaming her in any way. She is the victim and should never have had to face this.

Exactly. At a bare minimum, he’d have to have come over super early that morning, well before school would be open. Then he kills her, removes her body, and mom knows nothing about it.
I remain confused about moms specific actions. WAS she "too tired " to drive with him to the school, or was she off to work already.
I know I have missed something, but hope someone can clarify for me.

We have no evidence that Jenn lied to anyone. The most that can be said right now is that Jenn gave incorrect information to LE and in interviews.

Personally, I never took it as her saying she witnessed Sterns taking Maddie to school and dropping her off. We don’t have any info right now on Jenn’s whereabouts that morning. It seems normal to me that she would share what her boyfriend told her to both LE and in interviews. I also don’t think it is unusual for someone in a long term relationship to say “we” when talking about a parenting thing, even when they weren’t directly involved. IMO calling it a slip up is a stretch.

LE is not definitively ruling Jenn out because they do not yet know what happened. They are, responsibly, reserving judgement until they have facts to support a conclusion. I really hope everyone here tries to do the same when discussing a mother who has just been told her little girl is most likely dead at the hands of her boyfriend.
Respectfully, using we when describing something you did or somewhere you went isn’t something I would say if I wasn’t there, and I’ve been married for 20 years and a parent for 11. If my husband went somewhere or did something without me, it’s HE….its only WE if I was involved.

"She was so happy, she showed us all her gifts. She's just a happy girl and she showed it on Sunday. When she went to bed she was so happy," said Soto.

Jenn Soto said there was no moment in the evening from when she got home that she had a phone or a laptop indicating that she was having conversations or making plans for Monday
I don’t understand this interview . The mom said there is video footage of Maddy at the church? But the police say she wasn’t there. How much can we speculate about this Tricia?

Respectfully, using we when describing something you did or somewhere you went isn’t something I would say if I wasn’t there, and I’ve been married for 20 years and a parent for 11. If my husband went somewhere or did something without me, it’s HE….its only WE if I was involved.
I agree. I can see a parent saying "we have to drop the kids off at soccer" or whatever but after the fact it would be "I dropped them" or "my husband dropped them" or "we dropped them."

In the warrant for his arrest, it literally says, "the mother advised her daughter's step father Stefan Sterns, picked her up from home and dropped her off at Hunter's Creek...."

The monster ALSO said he picked her up that morning. So was she dead by the time he got there? Or was he never there that morning to "pick her up"??

The mother apparently lied to police then because that did NOT happen according to the presser we just watched.

View attachment 487297
March 2022 to December 2023 SS did violate Florida State Statue(s)..... that's what..20-21 months???? And that's only what they found on his phone that was not written over. We can only guess what was on there between the 12-3 date and 2-26-24. No wonder she wanted to go live in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member