Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I suppose all the details will be made clear eventually. I'm just curious how much time SS had access to Madeline that night before or even after Mom got home. Here is what Mom said about Sunday night - begins at roughtly 5:47
  • Mom - if anything on Sunday, she celebrated her 13th birthday with my entire family. She had the best day, she was so happy, showed us all her gifts - umm - she's just a happy girl and she showed it.
  • On Sunday night when she went to bed, she was so happy - you know, she had the best day.
  • You know there was no moment in that evening, when she got home from the party, that she had her phone or laptop. She went straight to getting ready and went to bed.
  • So I know she didn't have any conversations with anyone, she didn't make plans with anyone. I didn't see any of that.
So it sounds like Mom was home in time for Maddie to show her the gifts she received, before she headed off to bed Sunday night. I wonder what the layout of their apartment/home is? Are all the bedrooms on one floor?

I find this super happy girl, and the perfect day narrative, a bit overdone. The argument can of course be made that mom was trying to convince the audience that she would never run away, but I do find it a bit curious.

“What we did was send our units out here and we discovered what appears to be a body. The body has clothing very similar to what the victim was last seen wearing," Lopez said in a news conference.”

Wow. So did she get up and get ready for school and then go with this creep and something happened? Or did she go to her room / sleep in that outfit and something bad happened?
I'd imagine after an autopsy, the coroner can determine the time of death and also the cause ?
Omo.

Some basic questions I have:

What were the living arrangements?
Exactly how long had mom and boyfriend been together?
Where did the boyfriend come from to pick up Madeline that morning?
What time did he arrive that morning?
Why didn't mom see her that morning?
I’m hoping for clarification on all of the above, mostly the living arrangements. It seemed they lived together, but somewhere along the line we got to thinking they didn’t. A search of her mother’s name gave me the same address that was listed for The Monster…but if they all lived together, why would he “come pick her up” in the morning? Very confusing, all of it really.
RIP Maddie

Thank you, I suppose all the details will be made clear eventually. I'm just curious how much time SS had access to Madeline that night before or even after Mom got home. Here is what Mom said about Sunday night - begins at roughtly 5:47
  • Mom - if anything on Sunday, she celebrated her 13th birthday with my entire family. She had the best day, she was so happy, showed us all her gifts - umm - she's just a happy girl and she showed it.
  • On Sunday night when she went to bed, she was so happy - you know, she had the best day.
  • You know there was no moment in that evening, when she got home from the party, that she had her phone or laptop. She went straight to getting ready and went to bed.
  • So I know she didn't have any conversations with anyone, she didn't make plans with anyone. I didn't see any of that.
So it sounds like Mom was home in time for Maddie to show her the gifts she received, before she headed off to bed Sunday night. I wonder what the layout of their apartment/home is? Are all the bedrooms on one floor?

I have some more thoughts but am waiting on the investigation.
Somewhat odd she wouldn't text friends or call to talk about how her party went ?
Omo.

I was just looking at the birthday pic, and you can see reflections in the metallic balloon above Maddie's head. Looks to be four or five people, maybe? I don't know how to sharpen photos up, but maybe you can take a shot at it? Also, if Maddie's mom wasn't at the party, I don't see SS letting Maddie go alone.
That's so chilling in retrospect to think it was possibly her last day ?
Omo.

“What we did was send our units out here and we discovered what appears to be a body. The body has clothing very similar to what the victim was last seen wearing," Lopez said in a news conference.”

Wow. So did she get up and get ready for school and then go with this creep and something happened? Or did she go to her room / sleep in that outfit and something bad happened?
There are a few possibilities here. The first, is that the clothing is the same as she was seen wearing on the footage that law enforcement obtained, allegedly of Madeline dead in SS' vehicle.

The second is the clothing she was wearing at the party (this would significantly move the time of death, and open other doors).

The third is that she was found in clothing that she wore to bed.

School clothes is only an option if it pertains to the first option.

Who brought her to and from the party? What time did she leave? What time did she get back? Back to which address?

Has everyone at the party been interviewed? What about school staff? I’d love to know what their thoughts were about Madeline and her family / home life.

I have great respect for the officers handling this case. They seem to know what they’re doing and have been methodical in doing it as well as concise in their statements to media (in sharp contrast to another case I follow on WS wherein the statements by investigators have at time lead to more confusion than clarity). They must all be exhausted physically and mentally. I can’t imagine what a case like this does to them.

Answering my own question posed above-

It looks like the condo's are 3 & 4 bedroom - with one bedroom on the main level, others on the second. I'm assuming the primary is the one located on the main level - but this explains IMO, how it could be reasonable something could have happened to Maddie in the middle of the night and nothing was heard. All just MOO.

There are a few possibilities here. The first, is that the clothing is the same as she was seen wearing on the footage that law enforcement obtained, allegedly of Madeline dead in SS' vehicle.

The second is the clothing she was wearing at the party (this would significantly move the time of death, and open other doors).

I’d like to know what she wore to the party. Was it the dress that she’s been pictured in - standing behind a 13th bday cake? If so, she must have changed at some point.

I thought of another horrible option. Who described her last seen wearing outfit to police? Was it SS? Is it possible he dressed her himself in a particular outfit for whatever reason? Maybe to make it look like she’d been on route to school? An average school outfit instead of a dress she’d worn the evening before?

If mom gave the description of last seen wearing, then when did she last see her? Is that what she wore to bed? Or did SS show a photo to mom that day to show her what the girl was wearing? Did he tell mom what to say?

I am not going back to watch it now, but in the lengthy interview that was posted here tonight, the reporter asked the mom what Maddie was wearing.

I believe she answered "she was last seen wearing" which, if I am not misremembering this, is odd wording IMO.

@photographer4: jinx

I have some more thoughts but am waiting on the investigation.
Somewhat odd she wouldn't text friends or call to talk about how her party went ?
Omo.
Cell phones aren’t massive - how was mom sure she didn’t use it that evening? Did she forget it on a table overnight?

I have some questions. But I know police will be able to see when it was last turned on / off / charged and many other things on it. I’m glad they have it. But sad she couldn’t use it to call for help if it she had even an opportunity to have done so.

It may have been by design that she didn’t have her devices that night.

Cell phones aren’t massive - how was mom sure she didn’t use it that evening? Did she forget it on a table overnight?

I have some questions. But I know police will be able to see when it was last turned on / off / charged and many other things on it. I’m glad they have it. But sad she couldn’t use it to call for help if it she had even an opportunity to have done so.

It may have been by design that she didn’t have her devices that night.

BBM for focus. Good question.

There are so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members