FL FL - Miami, UnkMale 20s-50s #UP1072, found w/ "Catdog" keychain and Dallas Cowboys ballcap, Feb'2000

lightofmine99

♞Ⅸ
Reaction score
Miami-Dade Co. John Doe (2000)
a.k.a "Catdog John Doe"
#UP1072 (NU)
Screenshot (829).png
Clay reconstruction of John Doe.
Circumstances
The decedent's remains were found by a maintenance worker. (per NamUs).

Case Numbers:
  • Doe Network: N/A
  • NamUs: UP1072
  • ME/C: 2000-0408
Overview:
  • Date Body Found: February 11, 2000.
  • NamUs Created: April 7, 2008.
  • Tribal Land: NO
  • PMI: 3 years (1998 - 2000) est.
  • State of Remains: SKELETONIZED (MUMMIFIED)
    • One or both hands not recovered
  • Cause of Death: UNKNOWN
Physical:
  • Sex: Male
  • Race/Ethnicity: Mixed, unknown.
  • Height: 5'3" (est.)
  • Weight: UNKNOWN
  • Hair: Black, wavy, 14 in.
  • Eye: UNKNOWN
Identifiers:
  • Dentals: Available (presumably)
  • DNA: UNKNOWN
  • Prints: N/A
  • Marks / Features: Injuries and dentals.
    • four healed fractures to right side of body (ribs, clavicle, humerus)
    • missing upper four front teeth.
Personal Affects:
  • Clothing: Several articles.
    • gray t-shirt with green and orange screen print
    • dark blue jeans (size 32 inch inseam), brand 'Canyon River Blues'
    • black/gray high-cut briefs 'Hanes' (size 32-34)
    • white socks, black 'Adidas' canvas tennis shoes (size 9)
    • blue "Dallas Cowboys" baseball cap
  • Jewelry: NONE
  • Add'l Items:
    • "Catdog" cartoon series watch keychain
    • black comb

** As of April 19, 2024 - there are NO investigating agencies listed on NamUs. **
** Case appears to have come from the medical examiner's office. **

Cat dog premiered April of 1998. So he definitely died after that date
Good catch! Didn't think about that.

Having Catdog merchandise also indicates that he was probably younger than 30s, MOO. I know it's possible for someone to have been 45 in 1998, caught the premiere of Catdog and loved it, but it just seems far more likely to indicate someone in their 20s. I would also suggest it indicates younger than 20s but I just don't see examiners mistaking a 16 year old for a 30s-50s adult. That said, the John Doe was small in stature...

I have found CatDog John Doe's profile on the FLUIDDB database.

It states he was found along Krome Avenue, a.k.a State Road 997. Quite a stretch of road we have here. His Catdog keychain is described as ""Cat & Dog" yellow pocket watch chain."
View attachment 498791
That far west of Miami, 24+ years ago would have been much more rural and remote than today. It is not likely, particularly if he is at the low end of the age range, that he walked out there or took a bus. Someone probably left him out there.

The watch description makes me strongly believe it’s the CatDog watch keychain from Burger King. According to this Kids Meal wiki the watch was available in February of 1999.
February 1999. Good catch! I just knew it was 1999 from ebay. There's a wiki for everything.

So he was found in February 2000 and and the watch wasn't available until February 1999. Interesting.

I suppose it could be an older man if he found himself needing a watch and this was the first available. Maybe the watch was a gift of sorts from a well-meaning child. But I really think younger.

Good catch! Didn't think about that.

Having Catdog merchandise also indicates that he was probably younger than 30s, MOO. I know it's possible for someone to have been 45 in 1998, caught the premiere of Catdog and loved it, but it just seems far more likely to indicate someone in their 20s. I would also suggest it indicates younger than 20s but I just don't see examiners mistaking a 16 year old for a 30s-50s adult. That said, the John Doe was small in stature...

i definitely feel like the age could be a bit younger than they think what with the catdog keychain
Could it have been an older man that held on to the keychain because his son/nephew gave it to him?

Screenshot_20240422-204128_Vivaldi.jpgs-l400.jpg

Yes that is a thought. But I think that we might as well extend the age range to late teens and 20s.
I also think so.

At the risk of sounding a bit insensitive, is it possible this person was mentally impaired? I ask that because of the missing teeth and children's toy if they are in their 20's.

It reminds me a bit of the Greenbelt John Doe. A young man who was unfortunately discarded in 1981 along with some effects that clearly pointed to him being in an assisted mental health care facility.

If they had enough skull/jaw, they could have used wisdom teeth as a factor to determine an age range. Many cannot afford dental care and removing a tooth is their only option.

He was missing his front teeth in the likeness. His rear and side teeth could have shifted providing enough room for wisdom teeth to come in. They may not have come in yet if he was in his later teens.

I had my wisdoms removed at age 17. I don't know what the average age is people get them but most people I know got theirs out around that time. Some people don't have them at all.

I hadn't thought about the mental impairment angle.

He could've lost his front teeth while playing a sport (football probably). I had a couple classmates that lost one this way. Then he didn't have the funds to get fakes and didn't want dentures. Maybe they could've been punched out...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back