FL - Michelle Aranda, 28, homicide, found deceased in her apt, Miami, 4 May 2017

Don't lose heart yet. 2 cases recently on WS, Megan Getrum and Molly Matheson, were the same way. Media attention fell away and there were no updates. Then all of a sudden, an arrest in the Matheson case. The arrest for Megan's case occurred later but the exact same thing. No updates, no nothing. And then an arrest. Neither seemed related (both in Tx) but turns out it was the same guy who murdered them weeks apart.

So, my point is, there's probably a lot going on behind the scenes and LE is not going to jeopardize the case they are building by giving updates. I think this will be solved.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Yes, I agree! I'm still convinced someone has her phone, and I think they are or have tracked that person down, and they are gathering evidence. They'll want to have their ducks in a row before making their move.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Don't lose heart yet. 2 cases recently on WS, Megan Getrum and Molly Matheson, were the same way. Media attention fell away and there were no updates. Then all of a sudden, an arrest in the Matheson case. The arrest for Megan's case occurred later but the exact same thing. No updates, no nothing. And then an arrest. Neither seemed related (both in Tx) but turns out it was the same guy who murdered them weeks apart.

So, my point is, there's probably a lot going on behind the scenes and LE is not going to jeopardize the case they are building by giving updates. I think this will be solved.

Yes, I agree! I'm still convinced someone has her phone, and I think they are or have tracked that person down, and they are gathering evidence. They'll want to have their ducks in a row before making their move.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm sure you guys are right. Thanks for the pep talk Razz and Dateline.

No new information? Google shows nothing in the past month. That car has to be at the bottom of a canal...if you haven't been to south Florida they are all over the place. Otherwise, they should have gotten a hit with so many cameras and tolls we have down here.

No new information? Google shows nothing in the past month. That car has to be at the bottom of a canal...if you haven't been to south Florida they are all over the place. Otherwise, they should have gotten a hit with so many cameras and tolls we have down here.

Welcome to WS.

No news or updates that I'm aware of. Are you local to the area?

Welcome to WS.

No news or updates that I'm aware of. Are you local to the area?

Yeap, I'm local and as someone else on this thread mentioned, the area where she lived is not a very good neighborhood. Kind of surprising for a young educated professional to live there. The only reason I can think of is that rent and real estate is sky high in good areas and since she was used to dealing with homeless people through her charity maybe she felt comfortable being around them -of which there are a lot in that area.

Hi Captain! Welcome to Webseluths. I'm the one who said that. I completely agree with what you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeap, I'm local and as someone else on this thread mentioned, the area where she lived is not a very good neighborhood. Kind of surprising for a young educated professional to live there. The only reason I can think of is that rent and real estate is sky high in good areas and since she was used to dealing with homeless people through her charity maybe she felt comfortable being around them -of which there are a lot in that area.

Thanks for sharing Captain & Kindered Spirit - it's always nice to get local perspective. I find it odd she would live there too. I also think it's odd there hasn't been any news coverage or updates. Is that common?

Hi! I'm new to this site so I'm not 100% on how to navigate around but is there any new updates? I can't find anything recent on google and LE hasn't released any information. I don't think temperature had anything to do with decomposition, most if not all people down here have AC. And mini coopers are all over, but you would think it would have been caught by some type of toll system. Also I read somewhere on this thread that her apartment wasn't in a good area, but if you google map it, it's actually a nice water side complex in a nice area and the business/building in front of the community has outside security cameras as well. And also someone had to have her phone at some point, she was a very active person in the community, she would not have gone missing for a week without at least one person noticing, specially at work.

Hi! I'm new to this site so I'm not 100% on how to navigate around but is there any new updates? I can't find anything recent on google and LE hasn't released any information. I don't think temperature had anything to do with decomposition, most if not all people down here have AC. And mini coopers are all over, but you would think it would have been caught by some type of toll system. Also I read somewhere on this thread that her apartment wasn't in a good area, but if you google map it, it's actually a nice water side complex in a nice area and the business/building in front of the community has outside security cameras as well. And also someone had to have her phone at some point, she was a very active person in the community, she would not have gone missing for a week without at least one person noticing, specially at work.

Welcome Dco1!!! This case baffles me. Things don't add up and no news or updates make it even weirder.

People keep saying how terrible of a neighborhood it is, and how surprising it is that she lived there. Yes the area can be rough but within the gates, the complex is generally safe. I have lived there for a while now and I can tell you that there are many medical residents, educated professionals like myself, and young families who can't afford the staggering rents in Miami. This is a terrible tragedy and comes as a surprise to us. But it can also happen anywhere. How many murders have there been in the Flamingo in South Beach? Last I checked, rent was pretty expensive there, and plenty of professionals reside within. So don't be so surprised that she lived there. Speaking to your mention of homeless people, they are largely east of 17th. I have only ever seen one near the complex- there are not "a lot" in the area. <modsnip>

People keep saying how terrible of a neighborhood it is, and how surprising it is that she lived there. Yes the area can be rough but within the gates, the complex is generally safe. I have lived there for a while now and I can tell you that there are many medical residents, educated professionals like myself, and young families who can't afford the staggering rents in Miami. This is a terrible tragedy and comes as a surprise to us. But it can also happen anywhere. How many murders have there been in the Flamingo in South Beach? Last I checked, rent was pretty expensive there, and plenty of professionals reside within. So don't be so surprised that she lived there. Speaking to your mention of homeless people, they are largely east of 17th. I have only ever seen one near the complex- there are not "a lot" in the area. <modsnip>

:wagon:
Thanks for sharing and for clarifying. I live in Minnesota and I've never been to Florida. I'm not familiar with the area and I appreciate your input. Has anything been mentioned locally? Her death is so sad and tragic. I hope whoever is responsible for her death is held accountable.

As a local can you let us know if this has been in the media often? I'd think her family friends and coworkers would really want to generate a buzz to find out what happened. Possibly even hire a PI to look into things.

I started reading this thread, and it sounded like you were going to get a couple of VI's at some point. That never materialized. Just like Michelle's phone, and MINI. Poof. All gone.

This young woman was building a legacy of love. I do so hope that her family, and any close friends, can keep this legacy going.

Am I missing something? This thread was last updated on 7-21-2017? With a question/statement on 9-21-2017.....?

I started reading this thread, and it sounded like you were going to get a couple of VI's at some point. That never materialized. Just like Michelle's phone, and MINI. Poof. All gone.

This young woman was building a legacy of love. I do so hope that her family, and any close friends, can keep this legacy going.

Am I missing something? This thread was last updated on 7-21-2017? With a question/statement on 9-21-2017.....?
We are all missing something. Namely Michelle and any updates regarding her murder. I thought by now we would have heard something. [emoji853]

We are all missing something. Namely Michelle and any updates regarding her murder. I thought by now we would have heard something. [emoji853]

I keep looking for a new post about this and nothing.....so sad!

I can’t believe we still have no new info on this....

Bumping for Michelle [emoji1317]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member