Resolved FL - Port St Joe -2 Children Bound & Gagged in Photo - 96UMFL & 66UFFL - Jun'89 - #2

Quote from Thread #1 - Nov 30, 2022 at 12:40 AM

Quote from Thread #1 - Nov 30, 2022 at 3:10 PM

If this is true then the police could do with releasing a statement about this to clear things up. It's difficult for us to accept without knowing the circumstances around how the police originally obtained the Amtrak train photo and how they have now classified this photo as a hoax (a hoax to what by-the-way?). For the police to know for sure that this specific photo is some sick joke then they would need to get corroborating information in the form of maybe a statement from someone in the actual photo whom would have to prove it was them in the photo. Then maybe a statement from the person that took the original photo and if they had taken anymore photos then the police may have these as proof.

Sure it may not be Tara Calico in the train photo as long believed as you can't even really make out the womans face.

To me, this photo shows physical abuse being committed on this women and so hopefully it has been thoroughly investigated by the police. You can clearly see the guy's right hand grasping the back of the woman's neck and his fingers digging in deep (see red circle below), with enough pressure to make her neck tense up causing her head to tilt back. The guy's left arm grasping the women's top. Also, to me she looks petrified, but I know this photo can be very subjective. The only counter to that I would say is that gauze around her wrists looks very loose.
View attachment 384741
Also, the problem with the DN 66uffl page was that there is no real proof that the 3 photos on there are the same female. So really they should have 3 different unidentified female pages. One for each photo. Or just two now if it's true that the police have officially identified one of the females, declaring the photo as a hoax/sick joke.
There has to be a third person taking the photo on the train and of the kids in the van. Photos of people possible being abducted or abused shouldn’t be considered the same person because the women have a similar build and hair color. If someone only admitted or was recognized in one photo the rest shouldn’t be considered closed. Weirdly the van photo seemed like it could have been a prank or something bored siblings did while stuck in a car. I could be wrong. The train picture is weird with hand on the neck and the bra around her leg.

There has to be a third person taking the photo on the train and of the kids in the van. Photos of people possible being abducted or abused shouldn’t be considered the same person because the women have a similar build and hair color. If someone only admitted or was recognized in one photo the rest shouldn’t be considered closed. Weirdly the van photo seemed like it could have been a prank or something bored siblings did while stuck in a car. I could be wrong. The train picture is weird with hand on the neck and the bra around her leg.
Oh my gosh, I didn’t even notice the bra around the leg! That combined with his hand looking like it’s about to go up her shirt makes me wonder if it’s a staged fetish photo. Either way, if LE doesn’t know the circumstances, then it should remain an open case in my opinion.

how did they decide the train photo was connected with the 2 kids bound picture?
As part of the investigation into the disappearance of Tara Calico her family were shown many photographs.

Of them all, there three which they didn’t rule out being a positive ID of Tara. The Port St Joe photo, the Amtrak photo and the Montecito photo.

Imho i dont think any of these are Tara. I very much believe the story of the group of young men who raped and murdered her and buried her on private property. I also believe it never made it into trials since they were related to the county sherrif and i think the main suspects have since passed away.

The later released pictures reminded me of pictures in magazines an ex of mine liked to look at. Just pretend "master and servant" bs. (imo. Not judging people into that kind of stuff).
The original photo, no. Not the same woman, the young lady looks like she's given up and the boy looks terrified.
No idea why they thought there was a connection between such different pictures and why all were suddenly "resolved".

No idea why they thought there was a connection between such different pictures and why all were suddenly "resolved".

The reason is because the ones that are 'seemingly' connected are photos that Tara Callico's mom didn't rule out as being Tara. That's the only connection they have and why the internet has grouped them together.

There likely won't be any new updates on this case unless one of the kids decides to publicly come forward and explain the situation.

I read through the entirety of the previous thread (wondering how the "there's no organized human trafficking rings by rich and powerful people in the United States" person felt after the Epstein case broke...) and I think I've organized my thoughts.

1. I think the train photo is, as others have suggested, a staged fetish photo. It might not be, but it definitely feels very "posed". The only thing that gives me a bit of pause is the hand around the back of the neck, but this thread isn't about that.
2. The pic of the two kids could be, and I hope is, a hoax. I'm hoping that it is. There are certainly elements that indicate that it is, but I feel like until there's official, public confirmation by someone involved in either the pic or the investigation into the pic, I'm hesitant to say that I'm certain it's a hoax. If only because I'd rather it be a hoax and I think it's real instead of it being real and me thinking it's a hoax.
3. If the pic is real, I don't think it's Calico. But it breaks my heart knowing that her mom died thinking it was.

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said and/or argued over time and time again. I vaguely want to read My Sweet Audrina now because I've always been a huge fan of psychological gothic horror (even if my anxiety isn't). My eyes hurt now.

Reading through the entirely of the previous thread would give you a website history lesson. As the previous thread was started in 2009 and probably the majority of people who posted within the first couple years haven't posted on websleuths in almost a decade or more.

I read through the entirety of the previous thread (wondering how the "there's no organized human trafficking rings by rich and powerful people in the United States" person felt after the Epstein case broke...) and I think I've organized my thoughts.

1. I think the train photo is, as others have suggested, a staged fetish photo. It might not be, but it definitely feels very "posed". The only thing that gives me a bit of pause is the hand around the back of the neck, but this thread isn't about that.
2. The pic of the two kids could be, and I hope is, a hoax. I'm hoping that it is. There are certainly elements that indicate that it is, but I feel like until there's official, public confirmation by someone involved in either the pic or the investigation into the pic, I'm hesitant to say that I'm certain it's a hoax. If only because I'd rather it be a hoax and I think it's real instead of it being real and me thinking it's a hoax.
3. If the pic is real, I don't think it's Calico. But it breaks my heart knowing that her mom died thinking it was.

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said and/or argued over time and time again. I vaguely want to read My Sweet Audrina now because I've always been a huge fan of psychological gothic horror (even if my anxiety isn't). My eyes hurt now.
Agree with all of this. I tend to think the van photo may not be a hoax, mostly because the circumstances it was discovered in were very strange. It could very well be connected to a different case or something new entirely, but I don’t think it’s connected Tara’s case. The information that has been made available to the public doesn’t seem to fit with the van photo.

IMO, almost everyone is likely to have a “doppelgänger” or at least someone that strongly resembles them. (I once saw a random buzzfeed video featuring a girl that looked just like me; it was uncanny) I think the girl in the van photo just happens to look a lot like Tara. And the fact that her mouth is covered makes it harder to see what her face looks like.

I really do feel for Tara’s mom. How awful it must have been for her to have to look through so many photos trying to see if Tara was in any of them. :(

Maybe I’m being naive, but one thing I don’t understand is that if either person in the photograph has been identified or it’s been determined to be a hoax, why wouldn’t LE come forward and state this outright? It does make me wonder if maybe LE wasn’t able to track down the people in the photo? I know they’re not really obligated to share information like this on open cases, but the photo is so alarming that IMO the public should be made aware if it was found to be a hoax.

JMO

I can't find any articles anywhere that say Tara wore glasses so who knows. Perhaps she was forced to where them as a disguise:cool: so that she wouldn't be recognised in public (like superman lol) because photos of Tara were plastered all over the newspapers at the time.

Sorry, the image posted above was digitally upscaled, enhanced version and so some of the marks you are seeing may be due to digital artifacts.
View attachment 384785
This is the best web image I could find that hasn't been digitally enhanced as far as I can tell. To me it looks like a digital photo taken of the original polaroid photo.

All I can see on the table is what look like a black purse, a can of Sprite, a pair of sun glasses and a red/white box of cigarettes maybe.
The black purse in the photograph, I believe is a cigarette case. I also see a motel key, with a red tag.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•
Back