Resolved FL - Port St Joe -2 Children Bound & Gagged in Photo - 96UMFL & 66UFFL - Jun'89 - #2

So, if she called the police and years later saw her picture on the Doe Network, I would think she would call again. MOO
There is a new article out, but it's mostly about Tara and how the family is convinced the girl is Tara.

Tara and the girl have somewhat "generic" features, so it would be easy to see how a family member would think it's Tara.
They didn't say anything about them being identified though.

Here this photo I have on my PC is better quality because I cut the quality a lot in order to be able to upload...
Thanks for coming through. I notice the photo has an AI watermark. I am reluctant for anyone but professional forensic analysts to analyze pics that have been enhanced via AI. According to Google, Gigapixel enlarges and enhances images, but that means it's still building off the existing image and does a best guess. That sort of software is fine for upscaling your vacation snapshots for printing, but to try and interpret fine details is best left to the pros.

Now that we are back on the subject of this polaroid some of you may not know that the t-shirt the girl is wearing was identified as an EGGHEAD Software Company t-shirt (see below)
102673618.01.01.lg.jpgThe_Photograph T-shirt.png
These t-shirts were limited stock and only sold by only a few Egghead computer software retailers at the time this polaroid was discovered.

T-shirt adverts from around the time the polaroid was discovered:-

The_Los_Angeles_Times_1988_08_20_page_59.jpgThe Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, California • Sat, Aug 20, 1988, Page 59
EGGHEAD_Software_Company___Soft_Wear_T_Shirt.jpg
Mount Vernon Argus, White Plains, New York · Thu, Aug 24, 1989
EGGHEAD_Software_Company_Advertisement_from_Aug_1989___Soft_Wear_T_Shirt_.jpg
The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento, California · Monday, August 07, 1989

It sounds like the police were trying to find out whether the girl had visited any of the EggHead retailers where the T-shirt she is wearing may have been purchased by contacting some of the EggHead stores managers around the time. (See Reddit comment below from an Egghead Software Manager apparently!)

Now that we are back on the subject of this polaroid some of you may not know that the t-shirt the girl is wearing was identified as an EGGHEAD Software Company t-shirt (see below)
View attachment 441582View attachment 441593
These t-shirts were limited stock and only sold by only a few Egghead computer software retailers at the time this polaroid was discovered.

T-shirt adverts from around the time the polaroid was discovered:-

View attachment 441594The Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles, California • Sat, Aug 20, 1988, Page 59
View attachment 441595
Mount Vernon Argus, White Plains, New York · Thu, Aug 24, 1989
View attachment 441599
The Sacramento Bee, Sacramento, California · Monday, August 07, 1989

It sounds like the police were trying to find out whether the girl had visited any of the EggHead retailers where the T-shirt she is wearing may have been purchased by contacting some of the EggHead stores managers around the time. (See Reddit comment below from an Egghead Software Manager apparently!)

Yep this was brought up not long after I first found out about this case. Many people felt that she may have had a family member working at one of the stores.

Thanks for coming through. I notice the photo has an AI watermark. I am reluctant for anyone but professional forensic analysts to analyze pics that have been enhanced via AI. According to Google, Gigapixel enlarges and enhances images, but that means it's still building off the existing image and does a best guess. That sort of software is fine for upscaling your vacation snapshots for printing, but to try and interpret fine details is best left to the pros.
Always happy to help..

Reactions: IDK
So this has been resolved? Who are these 2? I am very confused with the new Resolved in the title.
Another fact is that not only in this site and in the doe network it is written that this matter has been resolved in all the others, too, for example, in the reddit there are, as far as I know, two topics about this polaroid and everywhere it says "resolved"....

I am reluctant for anyone but professional forensic analysts to analyze pics that have been enhanced via AI.
Well, this is not a problem, you can always just in paint, or in Photoshop, just overlay these letters with a white color... such as the body of this van..)

So, if she called the police and years later saw her picture on the Doe Network, I would think she would call again. MOO
There is a new article out, but it's mostly about Tara and how the family is convinced the girl is Tara.

Tara and the girl have somewhat "generic" features, so it would be easy to see how a family member would think it's Tara.
They didn't say anything about them being identified though.
It is definitely NOT Tara Calico in the picture.

As much as everyone else, I wish I knew for sure these kids are safe and it was a bad joke, but I do not think we will ever find out for sure.

I suggest going through the Tara Calico thread for more info.

My feeling is that LE knows who the children in the pictures are because they stepped forward and called in. Since they are adults today they have a right to privacy. Yes, LE could write "the subjects have been identified and are alive and well" but it would lead to more questions and they may want to avoid that.

My feeling is that LE knows who the children in the pictures are because they stepped forward and called in. Since they are adults today they have a right to privacy. Yes, LE could write "the subjects have been identified and are alive and well" but it would lead to more questions and they may want to avoid that.
This is MOO as well.

The reason this photo has so much publicity is because it’s been attached to the Tara Calico case. If it weren’t for that, it likely would have either just sat in that parking lot and been destroyed by weather or would have probably been thrown away. But I will say again that the girl is definitely not Tara Calico.

I think the problem was grouping all those photos together. The van polaroid has been associated with the Tara case since it appeared on TV in the early 90s. The other photographs appeared much later. It seems someone decided they were all hoaxes and closed the case. IMO, the van polaroid should be left open unless it can be confirmed there is nothing sinister about it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back