FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Yes, that is true. She is very difficult. Experts are costly. I don't think she stands a chance.

IIRC Before she 'fired him', Mr Bankowitz was lodging paperwork with the in relation to being able to secure the cost for an expert witness opinion. He was working towards that goal but she couldn't let it drop with her criticisms of him and he came off the case.

Let's see if the next one gets any further - I'm not sure how applying for the costs works but if it's agreed that SB has a legal right to mount an argument that she's been affected by being the victim of long term sustained domestic abuse and violence, then maybe in order for a fair and just hearing, she ought to be granted sufficient funds for someone to comment on that.

Even were she granted those funds, is she likely to find someone prepared to do so? In the case of serial killer Lucy Letby UK, her defence barrister was unable to secure any professionals to argue points on her behalf.

JMO MOO

IIRC Before she 'fired him', Mr Bankowitz was lodging paperwork with the in relation to being able to secure the cost for an expert witness opinion. He was working towards that goal but she couldn't let it drop with her criticisms of him and he came off the case.

Let's see if the next one gets any further - I'm not sure how applying for the costs works but if it's agreed that SB has a legal right to mount an argument that she's been affected by being the victim of long term sustained domestic abuse and violence, then maybe in order for a fair and just hearing, she ought to be granted sufficient funds for someone to comment on that.

Even were she granted those funds, is she likely to find someone prepared to do so? In the case of serial killer Lucy Letby UK, her defence barrister was unable to secure any professionals to argue points on her behalf.

JMO MOO
I watched a little of a video of the Vinnie Politan Show this morning. It seems that everything is a go as of now. The panel that he had on said she will be sentenced to life in prison due to her incriminating videos on her phone. No chance of battered wife syndrome getting her off.

I watched a little of a video of the Vinnie Politan Show this morning. It seems that everything is a go as of now. The panel that he had on said she will be sentenced to life in prison due to her incriminating videos on her phone. No chance of battered wife syndrome getting her off.

Will be very interesting to see if her defence will be able to secure any expert witness who can mount a credible argument of battered wife syndrome and how those arguments would be presented in court and disputed by the prosecution.

@fox35orlando

Sarah Boone: January trial date set for Florida woman accused of murder after boyfriend dies in suitcase

1705431553432.png

WINTER PARK, Fla. - The trial for Sarah Boone, the Florida woman accused of zipping up her boyfriend in a suitcase and leaving him there to die during an alleged game of hide-and-seek in 2020, is set to begin on Monday, Jan. 29.

A pretrial hearing is set for Tuesday morning at the Orange County courthouse.

Sarah Boone: January trial date set for Florida woman accused of murder after boyfriend dies in suitcase
January 15, 2024

Attachments

• 1705445611964.png
    1705445611964.png
    797.3 KB · Views: 3
Accused killer #SarahBoone was granted a continuance until May. Prosecutor Dave Cacciatore told the judge he's nearly ready for trial. Boone, who is on her seventh attorney, is accused of murdering her boyfriend by zipping him inside a suitcase, leaving him to die.

5:19 PM · Jan 16, 2024

There have been 13 delays in #SarahBoone's case. Learn why here:

5:25 PM · Jan 16, 2024

May?! Oh, my goodness. It feels like this case is never going to reach the trial.

Video is 3+ minutes - Not present: Attorney Hobson or SB.
Pre-trial May 3rd @9:00 am ET and a trial period 10 days later (May 13th)

Sarah Boone's Suitcase Murder Trial Delayed Again​

Accused murderer Sarah Boone was granted a continuance, delaying the Suitcase Murder Trial until May. The prosecutor told the judge he's nearly ready for trial where Boone is accused of killing her boyfriend by leaving him inside a suitcase to die.

Orange County Clerk of Courts Records Search

2020-CF-002603-A-O : STATE OF FLORIDA - VS - BOONE, SARAH

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
05/13/2024HEARING - Trial - Kraynick, Michael S
05/03/2024HEARING - Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S
01/29/2024HEARING - CANCELED-Cancelled Trial - Kraynick, Michael S
01/16/2024Defense Motion to Continue
Comments: Granted. FINAL CONTINUANCE
01/16/2024Court Minutes
01/16/2024HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S (Actual: Kraynick, Michael S)

DateHearingTimeLocationPagesDoc
5/13/2024Trial - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor
5/3/2024Status Hearing - Kraynick, Michael S9:00 AMRoom 12-A On The 12th Floor

Is the defendant allow to speak for themselves in court or represent themselves in a case this serious?

Because I've got a horrible feeling that she'd love to be her own defence lawyer and expert witnesses!
Alex Murdaugh took the stand in his own murder trial.
Darrell Brooks represented himself pro se at his murder trial.

We know how that worked out.

IMG_2152.jpeg

Is the defendant allow to speak for themselves in court or represent themselves in a case this serious?

Because I've got a horrible feeling that she'd love to be her own defence lawyer and expert witnesses!
Yes, you can represent yourself in court. It's called pro se. I can't believe that the trial is being put off til May.

It will be a miracle if she gets an expert to testify on her behalf.

True! They would have to be an expert on why putting a live person in a suitcase is perfectly ‘normal’ if you are a DV victim.

Yes of course, that’s on the list of things to do if you are a DV victim. Keep a 3 piece set of luggage handy in the event you need to put an abuser in it.

DV support groups have experts on hand to make sure you have the adequate luggage. All victims receive a 20% discount.

New judge assigned, Judge Wooten is no longer assigned as the judge for this case. New letter too.

Case Type:
Criminal Felony
Date Filed:
2/25/2020
UCN:
482020CF002603000AOX
Judge:
Michael S Kraynick
Open

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
01/25/2024Correspondence Received from Judge9
01/22/2024Electronic Copy Sent to Private Attorney
Comments: Document Delivery: WINSTON EDWARD HOBSON ESQ - Sent 1/22/2024 4:57:48 PM
01/16/2024Order Setting Pre-Trial Conference4
01/16/2024Court Minutes2
01/16/2024HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Kraynick, Michael S (Actual: Kraynick, Michael S)
01/12/2024Motion for Continuance2
01/02/2024Motion to Appoint Expert4

New judge assigned, Judge Wooten is no longer assigned as the judge for this case. New letter too.

Case Type:
Criminal Felony
Date Filed:
2/25/2020
UCN:
482020CF002603000AOX
Judge:
Michael S Kraynick
Open

DateDescriptionPagesDoc
01/25/2024Correspondence Received from Judge9
01/22/2024Electronic Copy Sent to Private Attorney
Comments: Document Delivery: WINSTON EDWARD HOBSON ESQ - Sent 1/22/2024 4:57:48 PM
01/16/2024Order Setting Pre-Trial Conference4
01/16/2024Court Minutes2
01/12/2024Motion for Continuance2
01/02/2024Motion to Appoint Expert4

Interesting! Is it common for judges to be reassigned like this? Or is this an unusual situation?

Reading her newest letter, it sounds like (once again!!) she's unsatisfied with her current attorney.

Interesting! Is it common for judges to be reassigned like this? Or is this an unusual situation?

Reading her newest letter, it sounds like (once again!!) she's unsatisfied with her current attorney.

Gah! I'm so upset to hear this as I distinctly recall that Judge Wooten told SB that although he doesn't usually get involved in matters between a defendant and their attorney, that if there was a further problem after the appointment of her most recent lawyer, he would take a personal interest and scrutinise what was happening.

I hope the next Judge will be prepared to take the same stance? Where can one read the latest diatribe, I mean letter?

JMO MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|