FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Winston Hobson, the seventh in a string of attorneys who have represented Boone, filed a motion to withdraw on Thursday, citing “irreconcilable differences including, but not limited to, ethical considerations.” Hobson was appointed to represent Boone after her sixth attorney, Frank Bankowitz, withdrew from her case in August, telling the judge that he could not represent a client who called him a “dud” and “buffoon.”

The judge who will hear Hobson’s motion to withdraw is new to the case. Judge Michael Kraynick has taken over the case from Judge Wayne Wooten. Boone had previously written a number of letters from jail to Judge Wooten, bemoaning the length of time she had been held, the delays in her trial and her perceived lack of access to her attorneys.

While Hobson said in his motion to withdraw that he had met with Boone in person at the jail and via video, Boone’s first letter to Judge Kraynick claims she has only spoken to Hobson on one occasion for a total of three hours and has never received any phone calls.
“Finally! A new judge! It’s strange how the Lord works as I was in the process of trying to disqualify Wooten after being my judge 4 YEARS and me still incarcerated with nothing to show, other than seven (7) different attorneys (NOT BY CHOICE), news clips of me walking in and out of the courtroom, and everything relative to my case permitted to be slathered on the global internet and in which I have not seen myself. … I felt he was the ticket holder to my overly hyped, illicitly distributed, misconstrued ‘criminal’ case, and great reason I am still here, again, ongoing 4 YEARS and 7 attorneys later.”
In her letter, Boone asks to be included in all future hearings. “Either way, I’m still here, waiting patiently and very excited to get this highly anticipated ‘show’ on the road. Thank you in advance Judge Kraynick. Welcome.”

The next hearing in Boone’s case is scheduled for May 3, ahead of an anticipated May 13 trial. The judge will likely schedule a hearing sooner to address the motion to withdraw.

Winston Hobson, the seventh in a string of attorneys who have represented Boone, filed a motion to withdraw on Thursday, citing “irreconcilable differences including, but not limited to, ethical considerations.” Hobson was appointed to represent Boone after her sixth attorney, Frank Bankowitz, withdrew from her case in August, telling the judge that he could not represent a client who called him a “dud” and “buffoon.”

The judge who will hear Hobson’s motion to withdraw is new to the case. Judge Michael Kraynick has taken over the case from Judge Wayne Wooten. Boone had previously written a number of letters from jail to Judge Wooten, bemoaning the length of time she had been held, the delays in her trial and her perceived lack of access to her attorneys.

While Hobson said in his motion to withdraw that he had met with Boone in person at the jail and via video, Boone’s first letter to Judge Kraynick claims she has only spoken to Hobson on one occasion for a total of three hours and has never received any phone calls.

In her letter, Boone asks to be included in all future hearings. “Either way, I’m still here, waiting patiently and very excited to get this highly anticipated ‘show’ on the road. Thank you in advance Judge Kraynick. Welcome.”

The next hearing in Boone’s case is scheduled for May 3, ahead of an anticipated May 13 trial. The judge will likely schedule a hearing sooner to address the motion to withdraw.

Wowwww.

It's so bizarre how her letters complain nonstop about how long this is all taking, how long she's been in jail, etc. but it's completely by her own doing because she refuses to work with the assigned attorney(s) and so they quit and a new one has to start over!

I truly hope she just chooses to represent herself. It seems like that will be the only way she is satisfied.

See this is a pity that Judge Wooten is no longer on the case as he did state he'd take a personal interest and scrutinise what's going on with SB and her attorneys.

She wants to conduct her own trial and tell everyone she's innocent etc but she doesn't have any stories that stack up so it wouldn't be possible, the prosecution would just slaughter her and she'd end up with what's probably considered an unfair trial with a far harsher sentence than usual.

It is legal / ethical to allow the defendant to represent themselves if they're going to damage their own (already poor) prospects, which it's clear she would.

How can this case proceed when she's unworkable with? She clearly doesn't care about getting out of prison any longer, not bothered about her son any more? Maybe it's all part of her own psychological denial and obfuscation mechanisms - the longer she doesn't have a trial the longer it is before she's found culpable of the thing she's in denial about - so it serves a purpose for it not to happen. JMO MOO

From link above:
"...Winston Hobson, the seventh in a string of attorneys who have represented Boone, filed a motion to withdraw on Thursday, citing “irreconcilable differences including, but not limited to, ethical considerations.” ...

My question: Seven attorneys have refused to represent Boone. What the heck is she telling these attorneys that force them to quit?

From link above:
"...Winston Hobson, the seventh in a string of attorneys who have represented Boone, filed a motion to withdraw on Thursday, citing “irreconcilable differences including, but not limited to, ethical considerations.” ...

My question: Seven attorneys have refused to represent Boone. What the heck is she telling these attorneys that force them to quit?

Well when she's not insulting them perhaps she also tells lies or wildly conflicting accounts!?

I'm wondering where this is all going to land up.

She is so predictable! Ugh.

IMO she wants a defense that is indefensible (DV), which might make every attorney unable to represent her for ethical reasons. Or else, they all advised her to take a plea, in return for which she tagged them incompetent.

But in every letter she has written to judge and the seven lawyers, she has claimed she wants a speedy trial.:mad: I think she's enjoying this game where she believes she is one-up on the judicial system.

She wants a speedy trial on her own terms IMO. Unfortunately it seems her terms don't fit within legislation or anything a lawyer is prepared to do / say... Such a tricky situation. What could possibly be the solution? Will the penny ever drop?

What has SB told or asked of all seven attorneys that results in their refusal to represent her? Is she expecting something illegal or unethical of them? I don't think they refuse to represent SB simply because she is a difficult client. A lot of defendants are difficult but they don't loose seven lawyers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dietzlyn
Back