FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE tells the Public there is a murderer out there and does not offer any informative info since Oct ? Whats up with that, I am surprised there is mass hysteria on the Streets of Orange Park.

A thorough medical investigation of the Somer Thompson’s dead body has been completed. But police are not releasing the cause of death in order to preserve the integrity of the investigation. Mary Jastino, Clay County Sheriff’s spokesman said that police will not release the information regarding Thompson’s death.
“We know the cause of death. Our focus is on, we want to preserve the integrity of this investigation and are not releasing any information that in the long run would prevent us from prosecuting and convicting the person who did this to Somer,” Justino said Friday. “For that reason, at no point will we discuss cause of death, the manner in which she died or any other details regarding what was done to this child.”

http://news.puggal.com/somer-thompson-cause-of-death-0414/

BBM

If they are able to get a confession they want to make sure that no defense attny can say that the info was readily available in the press. Typically though, at least when I lived in Texas, the media would go get an order to unseal the autopsy results, and it was pretty routinely granted. Don't know about FL

Prob part-time on those. Man does not live by indigo and healing alone...

LOL, Quite the contrast, and the way the Loan market has gone, I doubt he can live on that income alone.

LOL, Quite the contrast, and the way the Loan market has gone, I doubt he can live on that income alone.

Speaking of stressors and precipitating events... He's on my short list of people I would like to know a lot more about, including KR, WK and the construction crew.

What purpose could it serve not to release the cause of death in Somer's case?

So that the POI (or , if you'd rather) can hang himself by revealing things that LE hasn't released to the media. If the suspect says ("stabbing" or "strangulation" when he can't know how she died, that makes LE think they are on the right track with the POI. If people start talking with a skilled interviewer, the hope is that they will slip up.

Prob part-time on those. Man does not live by indigo and healing alone...

He has a very active presence in this family:
Alone with the kids when Somer is missing
Reports Somer missing
Access to donations...in his account.

Surely someone with a finance background would know not to deposit donations in your own account. He would also know how to set up a trust with the banks, wouldn't he? Granted he may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he would at least know the basics or, maybe he is one of the sharpest...

Speaking of stressors and precipitating events... He's on my short list of people I would like to know a lot more about, including KR, WK and the construction crew.

Did you have a chance to look at my link I posted re WK , an old article, but interesting when you see who the victim was...maybe its on page 2or way back on this page.

JMO Does anyone find it strange that donations to the Somer Thompson family support fund are deposited to SP and not mom or trust fund etc??
Someone making a donation to the fund is questioning why his name is on the deposit receipt for their donation???
See comments to this article for more information

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21496653/detail.html

My guess is that SP opened the account, as a friend for Diena, and that is why it is in his name. Considering the reason for the account, I'm surprised it doesn't have some other affiliation than just him personally.

Since he is connected to this case IMO it would have been much better had he not been the one to do so.

I'm sure that money will be watched closely. But the sky is blue in my world most of the time.

Did you have a chance to look at my link I posted re WK , an old article, but interesting when you see who the victim was...maybe its on page 2or way back on this page.

I missed it (which comes of me trying to keep up on this thread, work, and cook dinner at the same time, lol). I'll go check it out.

All the time and attention has been focused on the Gano house, but way back in one of the very first threads, when I saw the proximity of the OPAA to the house (directly across the street) on the google earth maps, my immediate thought was that she went to the park (there is a child's playground there, with swings, etc.). In my mind (thinking as a child who was upset and might not want to go home right away) that would be a likely place she could have detoured. If the Gano house was indeed the crime scene, I don't understand why LE doesn't have at least a short list of POIs. In crime investigation, if LE has the actual crime scene, which would contain evidence (no matter how "clever" the perp thinks he/she is) they then work backwards towards the perp. Criminals always leave evidence! I have serious doubts that the Gano house is the actual crime scene (where Somer died). It was declared (temporarily) the crime scene, but has never been officially declared THE CRIME SCENE. KWIM?
I can't shake the feeling that she went to the OPAA, and that was where she encountered her killer.
It would be great if we had any info on what sports activities were going on at the OPAA on the afternoon she went missing. Were there any? Or was the park more or less deserted at that time? These are my questions.

I thought the very same thing, and even more so when I read in the police report that DT went straight to the park to pick up her older son. She didn't go home or call 911. They continued looking for Somer til flagging an officer down at Floyd and Gano around 5:30. JMO but there seems to be a chunk of time unaccounted for at the park.

I thought the very same thing, and even more so when I read in the police report that DT went straight to the park to pick up her older son. She didn't go home or call 911. They continued looking for Somer til flagging an officer down at Floyd and Gano around 5:30. JMO but there seems to be a chunk of time unaccounted for at the park.

I am beginning to think that Somer not arriving home after school was more of a normal occurrence than we have been lead to believe. JMO

Something a little off topic, but still on topic...

All the sleuthing I've done on RSO's, I have never come across one with a FaceBook or MySpace account (or other websites). There have been a couple of times that somebody found someone who looked like and RSO we were researching, but I don't think I've ever seen one proven.

Is there a "rule" for RSO's? Are they not allowed to have these accounts?

I would think RSO's can do anything they want since they know how to fly under the radar. All they need is an email account and screen name. I'm sure they don't use anything close to their real identity though. LOL

I will go out on a limb here and say that it will surprise me if LE found anything at all useful in terms of actual evidence at the Gano house. They carried out some items marked "evidence", but that could mean anything and everything they found lying around inside the house - beer cans, empty fast food containers from the contracting crew, general rubbish, etc. According to LE, the crime lab has given this case top priority. It would be my guess that the so-called evidence (from the house and the restroom at the park) has already been processed and they came up with zilch, which was why the Sheriff gave the presser asking the public to look for suspicious behavior and report it. When I read that list of behavioral changes to be aware of, I thought it was the most generic, ridiculous list in terms of crime investigation I've ever heard of! Personally, I can't believe the Sheriff was able to give that presser with a straight face! It was like those fortune tellers at the fair - it could apply to anyone and any number of circumstances. LE has nothing, except a victim.

I may turn out to be entirely wrong later on down the road. But the fact that they have zero POIs says a lot.

For the record, I opened an account in the name of an athletic group but they needed a person's name ... so that's me. I tried to get them to stop including my name on various things but they need that name.

So he may not be depositing the money in his personal account, but in an account he opened.

At least my name is followed by the name of the athletic group. I'm surprised that isn't the case with that account too.

Myspace and Facebook try to ban all sex offenders they find on the site. That's why you can't find SO on those sites. They may be there but it's difficult to find them.

Putting the account in SP's name is very strange.

If they need to connect the account to a specific person - why not mom?

Or how bout Grandma - she seems like a nice lady.

Do they not know that the public has questions about this guy? They have to.

Even if they don't have any doubts about him and trust him completely - they should think about how the people making the donations might feel.

Rumor has it that WK's GF was friends with DT, a pic was on DT's FB or MS I do not know if there is any truth to this as I have never seen DT's FB, MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici