FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am done with kyle . I am stopping ..

BBM
That's what I was trying to get across in my longer post earlier. Wish I could think of shorter ways to put things like you do. LOL

so your earlier post to me was all bs???? is this what you are saying?? if not I am sorry since you aren't saying what earlier post you mean..

LE isn't giving info because they don't want help- they want INFORMATION. They want someone to come forward and say I saw________, I heard________. My boyfriend had scratches. My husband is a freak.

I find it somewhat disturbing that they haven't said the family is in the clear. The people who think the family was involved aren't going to be as attentive to something that could be unusual. If the family is not involved and they have been cleared, not releasing that info only blurrrrrrs everything.
LE has said NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. They had said the local SO had been cleared, but I read today, that now they say all of them haven't been cleared.
The only thing I know for sure, is each day that goes by Somer's killer is getting away with MURDER. I hope they have a suspect and are just building a SOLID case, otherwise, I don't even want to think about otherwise.

I'm running behind tonight, playing catch up, but it was not the poster who got the e addy. It was another poster who came up with it and put it out. I remember someone asking if that was a 'true' email address, and the poster came back and said yes.
I'm sorry. I just can't remember who it was, but it was at several hours after the first appeal for it went out, I do remember that.

I posted original media link to kyle that night and then I was I was going to contact reporter but couldn't find email for him and a lot of members here couldn't either.. one member (did find and posted it) I am sorry don't remember name.. I don't know if they deleted post or not tho... and then I sent email. I am pretty sure that is how it went. I really thought something would come out of that kyle person but seems not at least so far from LE..

I wonder if they found more than one set of DNA on Somer, cleared the RSOs against one set (which was from some innocent source) and once they found the second, are now going back to check RSOs again?

OR could there be someone who assisted with the kidnapping but was not present during the murder?

Or is that just too CSI? (both paragraphs)

I posted original media link to kyle that night and then I was I was going to contact reporter but couldn't find email for him and a lot of members here couldn't either.. one member (did find and posted it) I am sorry don't remember name.. I don't know if they deleted post or not tho... and then I sent email. I am pretty sure that is how it went. I really thought something would come out of that kyle person but seems not at least so far from LE..
Aww, Momma, I was just thinking it was you who had posted it.
Isn't there a way here to look up terms and go to those posts?

LE isn't giving info because they don't want help- they want INFORMATION. They want someone to come forward and say I saw________, I heard________. My boyfriend had scratches. My husband is a freak.

I find it somewhat disturbing that they haven't said the family is in the clear. The people who think the family was involved aren't going to be as attentive to something that could be unusual. If the family is not involved and they have been cleared, not releasing that info only blurrrrrrs everything.
LE has said NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. They had said the local SO had been cleared, but I read today, that now they say all of them haven't been cleared.
The only thing I know for sure, is each day that goes by Somer's killer is getting away with MURDER. I hope they have a suspect and are just building a SOLID case, otherwise, I don't even want to think about otherwise.

very excellent post.. great thoughts you have...

Based on my swim in Thread 7 earlier today, that is basically my interpretation too. ;) I got out of the pool at the point where people were asking if Ryan had responded. I figured that those involved in that discussion were still active members here, and it was up to whoever sent the email to provide the information.

LE knows about Kyle, and that was a concern of many -- that this reporter had talked with him but LE had not.

The video of Ryan discussing Kyle cleared that up. Deputies talked with them and swabbed them.

I'm going to assume that LE did not have a match with any DNA found on Somer -- because as the last person to see Somer, Kyle would have been a good suspect and IMO, they would have rushed the testing on him ... until evidence forced them to look in another direction.

And so Kyle becomes an important witness as the last known person to have seen Somer alive.

All I can hope for now is that anything he saw is enough to get them down the right path to find Somer's killer and scene of the crime (which I don't think the Gano house was, but that is JMO).

Aww, Momma, I was just thinking it was you who had posted it.
Isn't there a way here to look up terms and go to those posts?

sure there is doggies.. but I just don't care too. I have no questions about it ... sorry... gosh, I can't believe all these posts and I just wanted to answer one post that was stated incorrect as I saw it.. lol

I am done now too as kim is.. I am going to check other cases..

sure there is doggies.. but I just don't care too. I have no questions about it ... sorry... gosh, I can't believe all these posts and I just wanted to answer one post that was stated incorrect as I saw it.. lol

I am done now too as kim is.. I am going to check other cases..
Gotcha, MommaD, and as soon as I wade through the last 3-4 pages, I'll be closing this door for tonight, too. It's hard to say, but where's the point for us, any more?
Thanks again. Hugs.

I went on clay county site-I forget what it is called now.

http://qpublic.net/cgi-bin/clay_sketch.cgi?parcel=41-04-26-020179-000-00&building=1

It shows a floor plan of the house on Gano. Not a real picture, but what is there in a drawing form.

It is a concrete block house so no siding then? I don't know what Florida houses are like. We wouldn't have too many concrete block houses here.

No heating and no cooling, but maybe with the fire the owner would have it installed?

It has what looks like to be an attached garage , a screened in porch and maybe another porch. So a car could be parked in the garage. Are the garages a garage with a garage door there or are they car ports?

3 bedrooms and one bath. Hardwood flooring. With all of that nice wood, there certainly would be lots of nice soot.

I am wondering with a concrete block house and no heating or cooling, why would there be a fire? Something left on stove? I don't know if there's any reason to wonder or not. Would there be an article in the paper there? Work started in May so it might have been around that time.

With the small amount of work done, I am guessing that the windows and roof were done fairly recently? Only guessing. Just trying to figure out what workman would be there.

On the other hand, fire starting is associated with serial killers in their youth. Is it with SO's? I don't know. The reason that I bring it up is that perhaps the perp watched the fire and has kept an eye on the place?

Is there anyway a local could look up in the paper about the fire? Our paper usually says why a fire started or if it was suspicious. But articles older are not available unless you are a subscriber.

Or if someone could tell me the name of the newspaper there, I could try to find it. Thanks

I went on clay county site-I forget what it is called now.

http://qpublic.net/cgi-bin/clay_sketch.cgi?parcel=41-04-26-020179-000-00&building=1

It shows a floor plan of the house on Gano. Not a real picture, but what is there in a drawing form.

It is a concrete block house so no siding then? I don't know what Florida houses are like. We wouldn't have too many concrete block houses here.

No heating and no cooling, but maybe with the fire the owner would have it installed?

It has what looks like to be an attached garage , a screened in porch and maybe another porch. So a car could be parked in the garage. Are the garages a garage with a garage door there or are they car ports?

3 bedrooms and one bath. Hardwood flooring. With all of that nice wood, there certainly would be lots of nice soot.

I am wondering with a concrete block house and no heating or cooling, why would there be a fire? Something left on stove? I don't know if there's any reason to wonder or not. Would there be an article in the paper there? Work started in May so it might have been around that time.

With the small amount of work done, I am guessing that the windows and roof were done fairly recently? Only guessing. Just trying to figure out what workman would be there.

On the other hand, fire starting is associated with serial killers in their youth. Is it with SO's? I don't know. The reason that I bring it up is that perhaps the perp watched the fire and has kept an eye on the place?

Is there anyway a local could look up in the paper about the fire? Our paper usually says why a fire started or if it was suspicious. But articles older are not available unless you are a subscriber.

Or if someone could tell me the name of the newspaper there, I could try to find it. Thanks

Clay Today per google is newspaper for Orange Park, Florida

Human, from the pictures of the house it looks like they have just converted the garage into a room addition. Wonder if maybe the fire started in the garage? Gas cans, hot water heater, a car?

There is also a defined protocol for the public and media, which they followed to a T.
In Somer's case, specialized FBI and NCMEC teams would have been dispatched shortly after she was reported missing. Her Amber Alert was issued after her case fit the protocol for issuing an Amber Alert. She did not meet that criteria until later that night.
Just as checking the garbage and notifying landfills is protocol, I guarantee the info they are/aren't releasing is based on protocol.
Somer's case is defined as a stereotypical abduction. It has very defined guidelines and is quite rare. A stereotypical abduction is different than a non-family abduction. ST-ABD happen maybe only 100 times a year, and something like 40% of those cases end in murder.
Everything they do in these cases is defined by guidelines. Most police forces do not have the resources or experience to deal with a situation like this, so that's why they have guidelines on how to interview, how to DOCUMENT those interviews, and so on.
I wish they would say something, but I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73