FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes Liz we did. a few pages back... I think they did it cause he had dyed his hair.. I told dh a lot of good it does if he gets out he will dye again.. he has a problem with gray hair I think.. That is odd for a man..

the jail should have a side by side of him... lol

I'm not talking about that one MommaD. I'm talking about the new one they put up .... his head is shaved!

I'm not talking about that one MommaD. I'm talking about the new one they put up .... his head is shaved!

yes that is the one I am talking about .. I think they shaved it cause it was dyed.. I haven't seen anyone else arrested get shaved...

ETA: Back on 5/27/09 on his offenders page he had gray hair..

yes that is the one I am talking about .. I think they shaved it cause it was dyed.. I haven't seen anyone else arrested get shaved...

Do you think his head was shaved in Jail? That would be strange! I was thinking maybe the one that was up originally was an old 'file' photo, from his original arrest as a sexual predator. Because his hairline looks much more receded in the one that is up now.

I guess I need to go back and find where ya'll discussed it.

Being born and raised in S. Fla I know we got short hair cuts in the beginning of summer because of the heat but let it grow longer in the winters. <many years ago>

I find it odd if he was recently cut bald. Hair can be used for analysis for not only matching but drug analysis. Although other body hair can be used likewise from what I understand.

Reading through here the last few days what I've been weighing is "The public's right to know" VS "Privacy" and anything I say beyond that is pretty much my own opinion but it's pretty strong that public information is just that. IMO

Regarding naming someone a POI in Fla, please correct me where I'm wrong. Florida carries the Sunshine law, as soon as someone is named a POI or charged the Sunshine law kicks in and all police information can then be made public. I've noticed Fla. is reluctant to do this until they have a solid case, not just a suspect. It gives LE time to make a case before charging.

Once naming a POI the person lawyers up and key info maybe lost. I hope if they do have a POI they are able to hold them on other charges but until then they may use other terminology for legal reasons. Hoping I'm not being as clear as mud and again it's how I think things work in Fla. each state being different.

I've been thinking about the statement the little boy on the bike made about seeing Somer by the tanks running excitedly but he thought she had a frown on her face.

I'm thinking what if she encountered someone she was familiar with, he sees she is sad, and says hey let's play hide and seek, or let's play tag. They start playing, he notices the child on the bike approaching and ducks out of sight. It could be why Somer is running around excited and then appears to have a frown, maybe she is confused as to where her playmate went. (hate to use the word playmate here)

Or maybe the boy just said it looked like she had a frown b/c that seemed likely since she ended up missing right after that. Maybe he didn't notice her expression and is filling in the blanks??

I have wondered if she was running away from something or someone that frightened her. She was not seen again, and there was such a short window of opportunity to commit the crime, is it possible the little boy was witnessing the beginning of the end for Somer? (nobody there to protect that baby!)

JMO

The below bolded is copied from SharetheLight's post. I would also like to know the answer to this if anyone knows the source the info came from.
TIA

-Can anyone point me to where it is determined that the info about CWG on the initial report is a mistake. We all see the info. I want to know who said it is a mistake. The media in an article? Le in a presser? Le in response to a direct inquiry about this? Someone here who contacted someone?? How did we find out this is a mistake? This is one of the most mind boggling things in this case (well there are a few, lol) I just want to go back and figure this part out. Clearly the media isn't all over this, and this is major!! imo.
valuable information. Not even saying he had anything to do with her death. He saw which direction she went and possibly who she came across, he saw who else was in the area at this time. IIRC, the timeline from the time she was last seen to the time they started searching doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room.

twall - I posted a link way back somewhere in these threads to an online news article where Justino is quoted saying something about CWG being a mistaken identity.

Here's Patty G's post of 10/26:

http://jacksonville.com/community/my...rigin_of_trash

Justino said one possible contact eliminated was a registered sex offender whose name and address in Orange Park is listed on the incident report that was written after Somer was reported missing. That person was named by someone who later turned out to be mistaken about the identity, Justino said.

so your earlier post to me was all bs???? is this what you are saying?? if not I am sorry since you aren't saying what earlier post you mean..

No...:waitasec:

Dr., I remember a post in which the Sheriff said that the only person he could rule out was himself ... or something along those lines.

MammaD ... I don't think it is going to take a lowlife to find out who the man is. Just a sleuth. She was saying he should be sleuthed

LOL and then I saw this.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #15

MommaD:
I've always enjoyed your posts. If I'm skimming really fast thru a thread, I always slow down and read yours. I respect your opinion.
I'm not trying to be snarky, but what is it about Kyle that you are so passionate about protecting?
I mean, I think since he said he saw Somer, talked to Somer... I would think we would sleuth the heck out of him. I'm not saying throw him under a bus, but I feel we need to get to the bottom of why he commented, who he is, if he is a RSO...you get what I mean?
I was saying he should be sleuthed.

That's all I meant. Did not mean anything negative towards you. My original opinion in my post to you still stands. :crazy:

I posted a news link last night that had some interesting comments. One that I want to look into is MySpace for Somer. According to a poster from this link, the MySpace page was created by an 33 yr old male, the day after Somer went missing. Could this 33 yr old be SP?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21496653/detail.html

I posted a news link last night that had some interesting comments. One that I want to look into is MySpace for Somer. According to a poster from this link, the MySpace page was created by an 33 yr old male, the day after Somer went missing. Could this 33 yr old be SP?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21496653/detail.html

I'm thinking it is. Supposedly the MS was set up to get her name out there when they were looking for her and then the MS was changed to solicit fundraising (may be a little off here) after she was found dead.
Since the bank acct for donations has his name on it, I would be willing to bet the MS was set by him.
The question is why??

twall - I posted a link way back somewhere in these threads to an online news article where Justino is quoted saying something about GWB being a mistaken identity.

Who is GWB?
I'm talking about CWG.

I have been going over the comments so far made by LE to see if I can get some kind of handle on this case. "They do not know if more than one person did this" makes me think they have some kind of reason to say this, what could that be? maybe two sets of prints on the body not in the LE system?? The comment Sam made about the soot makes me think this, as soot would be an excellent conduit to obtain prints. All the SO's in the system have been cleared. I am assuming this as I am sure they fast tracked their DNA and prints. So...perhaps there is no sign that Somer was sexual molested . Maybe this person/persons are new, never have been in the criminal system.
When I think about it, the killer/s seems to be rather unsophisticated. JMO

Found the video...the FBI profiler comes on after local coverage of the story on the video...

http://www.videonewslive.com/view/386937/video_no_sex_offenders_eyed_in_fla_girls_death

It's the top video on the page.

ETA: This was early on in the case...evidently right after they found Somer's body.

ok so I didn't hear him say they didn't think ANY predator/SO did this, but rather he was just commenting on LE's comments that they had spoken to 90 RSO's in the area and at that time LE reportedly said they didn't think it was any of the 90 they spoke to. But I think the term suspect was used here, which makes me batty because they only list someone as a suspect when they have all their ducks in a row.
It used to be if they suspected someone they were a suspect. So I guess it's not to say that none of these 90 RSO are suspected. Ugh, that makes my head hurt. I think it's semantics and the legal implications the term suspect or POI carry with it. I would think they would suspect a few people could have done this.

OK I am moving on :)

I'm thinking it is. Supposedly the MS was set up to get her name out there when they were looking for her and then the MS was changed to solicit fundraising (may be a little off here) after she was found dead.
Since the bank acct for donations has his name on it, I would be willing to bet the MS was set by him.
The question is why??

DT and SP seem to be really "tight" (friendship), why is there such a bond? I, like you, want to know more about their lives and what surrounds them. DT's BF appears not to mind the relationship that DT and SP have. Odd in my mind.

Here's Patty G's post of 10/26:

http://jacksonville.com/community/my...rigin_of_trash

Justino said one possible contact eliminated was a registered sex offender whose name and address in Orange Park is listed on the incident report that was written after Somer was reported missing. That person was named by someone who later turned out to be mistaken about the identity, Justino said.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this link!!!

So someone named CWG and then later recanted saying they mistook someone else for him?? That is interesting. I wonder if LE followed up on this? Depending who named him, they could have recanted for a number of reasons other than mistaken identity. I hope LE checked up on CWG's whereabouts on 10/19. I find it curious that someone, and we don't know who, thinks they saw CWG on that day. And knew him well enough to provide his name to LE. So CWG must have someone nearby that knows him well. Did we determine what his association to this area is? I don't think we did because we were speculating whether or not mom could know him from TN. But there is so much info about the RSO's I may be confused.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this link!!!

So someone named CWG and then later recanted saying the mistook someone else for him?? That is interesting. I wonder if LE followed up on this? Depending who named him, they could have recanted for a number of reasons other than mistaken identity. I hope LE checked up on CWG's whereabouts on 10/19. I find it curious that someone, and we don't know who, thinks they saw CWG on that day. And knew him well enough to provide his name to LE. So CWG must have someone nearby that knows him well. Did we determine what his association to this area is? I don't think we did because we were speculating whether or not mom could know him from TN. But there is so much info about the RSO's I may be confused.
Are you aware of all the discussions here in ref to CWG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots