FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just guessing here, but I think IO means "Involved Other" because if you look at DT's info, her type is IO, and it says in the left margin "Others Involved". There's also a sort of Code definition thingy above it.

DR - I think "R" means "Reporting". Not sure what the D means. I take it from this that the person above CWG is the one who reported his info but that's JMO.

I saw that Somer was V1; Diena was RP (Reporting Person) and AT (Juvenile) was IO (with the Others Involved text going down the side).

On the page with the witnesses, all are IO except for one, who is a DR (Claire G.) and I then wondered if she was interviewed by someone other than IO (Investigating Officer), which is what I thought it was. CWG also has the code IO, but some part of him being included is an error (see Mary Justino's statement).

I think the only reason I cared was after finding out that CWG's entry was allegedly an error. I started looking at the details of each entry ...

Didn't your membership to Websleuths come with the fake nose/glasses, shoe phone and decoder ring? I must have registered during a blue light special. ;)

Didn't your membership to Websleuths come with the fake nose/glasses, shoe phone and decoder ring? I must have registered during a blue light special. ;)

Oh, man...I got the sea monkeys and magic coral growing kit.

Just as a reminder, here is Tricia's instruction as to whether or not we can discuss RSO's in this forum:

"It seems ....

I've participated in a few bulletin boards/communities/forum discussions in the past, and the rule has always been that if a person has a public record, that record/info can be discussed (since it's already "out there")... and if the person has been covered in the media/news, he/she is "free game."

But, that person cannot be accused of things that he/she has not done... specially if the accusations are based on gut-feeling, astrology, tea-leaves reading, head-bumps feeling, etc... not on real evidence.

And, the person's family, friends, etc... cannot be dragged in and their private lives discussed because in a way they are also victims of the criminal.

Personally, I respect all rules of this forum, more so now that those moderating it have spelled out the rules for everyone.

I never read the TOS, so I'm glad they are doing this for me.

:angel:

Do you think he took the ribbon as a trophy? (ETA: I wonder if LE has looked at that as possibility and whether it was related to other cases of missing/murdered girls.)

I can't quite discount the possibility that the ribbon could have come off during the transport in the tons of garbage.

I just dropped by for a second, must leave again........I missed this!
Who has a ribbon and is the ribbon suppose to be Somer's???
any ressers scheduled?
and what is a BLANKET BOND $0

I posted a news link last night that had some interesting comments. One that I want to look into is MySpace for Somer. According to a poster from this link, the MySpace page was created by an 33 yr old male, the day after Somer went missing. Could this 33 yr old be SP?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21496653/detail.html

As per MPR year of birth is 1980.....you do the math.

I saw that Somer was V1; Diena was RP (Reporting Person) and AT (Juvenile) was IO (with the Others Involved text going down the side).

On the page with the witnesses, all are IO except for one, who is a DR (Claire G.) and I then wondered if she was interviewed by someone other than IO (Investigating Officer), which is what I thought it was. CWG also has the code IO, but some part of him being included is an error (see Mary Justino's statement).

I think the only reason I cared was after finding out that CWG's entry was allegedly an error. I started looking at the details of each entry ...

D for dumpster.. R for reporting

For some reason I thought the MS page was started by a neighbor of Diena's. I remember him saying they would do whatever they could (recall him in video shown putting up missing person posters) but all could be hallucination on my part.

ccane, I don't think DR on the MPR is for dumpster reporting but that's jmo.

passionflower, Diena reported that she put Somer's hair in a ponytail with a red ribbon on Oct. 19 and Paris_Paris believes that the perp took the ribbon as a trophy, that it was not found on Somer.

I could not eliminate the possibility that the reason it was not found on Somer (which is speculation on Paris' part) could be that Somer was transported miles in a compactor trash truck and then in a garbage hauling truck and buried under tons of trash.

Have not heard anything about a presser.

D for dumpster.. R for reporting

CCane...do you care to elaborate? Was there more to your D for dumpster connection...as in the witness referenced? Or was it just as simple as D for dumpster?? TIA

Bond agents have a standing security agreement with local court officials, in which they agree to post an irrevocable "blanket" bond, which will pay the court if any defendant for whom the bond agent is responsible does not appear.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail_bondsman[/ame]

More at link

Is somebody telling us this is how they knew to follow the trucks??

A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night.

She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?"

A woman, who did not want to be identified, tells First Coast News' Monica Landeros she asked investigators to search this vacant home and dumpster on Monday night.

She says, "I'm upset. It's like, should I have looked, should I have gone in the dumpster?"

Garbage Trucks Lead To Missing Girl's Body

Somer's body was found miles from her home in Clay County. It was quick thinking by a detective that led to the break in the case.

Detective Bruce Owens said he alerted Beseler that clues could be found in trash from around Orange Park.

"If a truck was seen, it would be best to follow it to its next location, so they could search or follow it to the closest landfill, so they could isolate it from the dump," Owens said.[
Owens said he got dozens of deputies and police officers on the road after Somer was reported missing. He said he wanted all garbage trucks checked as quickly as possible.

"Time is of the essence. That collection was being done by outside companies," Owens said.

Dozens of squad cars stayed on the trail of the garbage trucks as they traveled across the state line into Georgia.

"They sifted through about 300,000 tons of waste," Owens said.

About 200,000 tons of trash was searched at a landfill in Clay County, and 100,000 tons was searched at a dump in Folkston, Ga.

After hours of work, the fears of investigators turned into reality. The body of a young girl was found and identified as Somer.

Beseler praised Owens for his effort.

Do you have some reason to think that woman is someone on the MPR??

If DR means Dumpster Reporting then in your opinion what is IO ... and did they all have the same idea since the rest of them are IO?

Gotta go for a dr. appt. CCane, I'd love to hear more about what you're basing your theories on. I'll be back on later. And welcome to WS :)

So hard to sleuth without knowing what angle to go with. I'm still hopping around, but keep coming back to the same people. I'm saving everything until something more is released.

I do want to put something out there that is not a fact... just my own gut feeling that I woke up with this morning.

Somer was said to have her hair in a ponytail with a red ribbon. My gut feeling is that the ribbon was not with her when she was found. I believe that red ribbon is what's going to get our guy.

Aha!! This fits in with something that has bugged me. Why does the mother remember every little detail about what Somer wore that day, down to the ribbon in her hair and she can't even report what backpack she had (please don't slam me here, we've had conflicting backpack reports, but the mom went into great detail when describing Somer's clothes, and a neighbor took her to school, so I am thinking mom wasn't even home when Somer left)

Maybe LE asked her to make sure she described what Somer was wearing emphasizing the red ribbon, so it's out there. they didn't instruct on the backpack, so it wasn't mentioned.

I've wrestled every way around this, I keep thinking I have no idea what color headband my daughter wore to school today, and I ate breakfast with her and took her to school, but I do know what back pack she had. So why did mom remember the stinkin' red ribbon and MOST importantly why was it stressed.

I am thinking you are correct. There will be no red ribbon with Somer. Thank you for mentioning this, now I can stop thinking about it and move on to something else. :)

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...ricas-Most-Wanted/Be6pn4F3ukWYfdxfAobS6Q.cspx

Somer's mother talks to America's Most Wanted

ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- It's quiet outside Somer Thompson's home. There are no longer cars filling her yard or police standing guard, just the sound of the wind blowing purple ribbons all around. Now, a mother is forced to face reality.

"I knew she was gone. I had a feeling something bad had happened to her," Diena Thompson told America's Most Wanted. She was calm and collected. "I can't sleep or eat. I begged someone to please give her back."

Two weeks ago Monday, her daughter didn't come home from school. Somer's body was found in a Georgia landfill days later.

Diena Thompson kept hoping for the best, but braced for the worst. Now, she just wants Somer's killer caught. She's hoping the attention on America's Most Wanted will help give police a tip to make that happen.

"I absolutely despise this person. Maybe someday God will grant me the strength to forgive him. I despise him and we are going to get you. You won't get away," said Diena.

Even though Diena maintained her composure talking to the show, she's hiding the pain of losing her little girl.

"I pray that people feel my pain. Don't let the fact that I'm not a weeping willow fool you. Inside I feel dead," said Diena.

You can see the story on America's Most Wanted this Saturday at 9 p.m. on FOX30

I did see this on the AMW site as well but now it's gone????

If DR means Dumpster Reporting then in your opinion what is IO ... and did they all have the same idea since the rest of them are IO?

my opinion ...individual other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member