FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's never been confirmed where she was, so maybe she didn't even go back to work at all that day. LE sure isn't saying anything-- so who knows. :)

Kewpiedoll, do you think that she took a LDT? You would think that LE would ask both her and BF to do so, to clear themselves. It is awfully strange how the pressers have shut down completely. No more talk from LE about a predator on the loose and watch your children lingo. Especially in lieu of how the Haleigh case was handled for weeks and weeks. Maybe because this poor baby's body has already been discovered. I dunno.

This makes me feel like LE has a prime suspect and are building their case as I type. I sure hope so.

I hear ya.

When telling the happy story of Baby Shannon getting found to my family, they were all horrified by the mere fact that they will never get their Mom back. Said the eldest child: It never ends in Florida, it's just one case after another, Mom! This will never be over for you!

They haven't been asking to go to Disney lately, fwiw...

Don't know if it's true but I have read/heard that FL's crime rate is high because it's a warm climate (think transient) and they don't extradite.

A couple of things occurred to me while driving around today.

DT could have agreed to drop something at the OP office, and that part of her trip would be work-related and her lunch hour would start after that.

Meeting at the house could have been so DT could let him in (don't know if he had a key, if so, then this is wrong).

She could have been there for the treatment (reiki) and this would have been considered an appointment (justified to be gone from work).

DT said she was leaving work (MPR) so she did go back to work at some point.

... She said she then left work and drove to Grove Park (OPAA) where she picked up her oldest son ...

And just a reminder that if you post pictures of area, and capture innocent business/phone number in the photo, be sure to block out that information.

"Innocent" being that they are not connected to the kidnapping/murder and are just doing work at Gano house. (I think, but do not know for sure, that this is a no-no.)

I do not mean for this to sound snarky or mean in any way... But, when it is slow and no news have any of you fairly new members went and read the past threads on Somer???

I just keep seeing the same stuff re- researched and re- researched.. This is why a lot of your ideas get past up from ppl who have been here for the whole Somer case... we aren't ignoring on purpose it is just we have see all the RSO's SO's in the 5mile radius... and we have sleuthed them... Just like the me guy just posted but nice to see he is re-arrested.. head shaved...

If I was new and coming to a crime forum this is the first thing I do is get the back story that has been done... then I jump in ... maybe I am weird doing it this way...

Please , I do not mean to sound mean at all here.. just trying to help some of the new members... :crazy:

I read each and every post from the beginning to the end. It took me one week.

I just forgot what they said.

I do not mean for this to sound snarky or mean in any way... But, when it is slow and no news have any of you fairly new members went and read the past threads on Somer???

I just keep seeing the same stuff re- researched and re- researched.. This is why a lot of your ideas get past up from ppl who have been here for the whole Somer case... we aren't ignoring on purpose it is just we have see all the RSO's SO's in the 5mile radius... and we have sleuthed them... Just like the me guy just posted but nice to see he is re-arrested.. head shaved...

If I was new and coming to a crime forum this is the first thing I do is get the back story that has been done... then I jump in ... maybe I am weird doing it this way...

Please , I do not mean to sound mean at all here.. just trying to help some of the new members... :crazy:
with all due respect :blowkiss: I have brought up NEW stuff that goes ignored as well, soooooooo that might not be it......seems to me some want to sleuth what is out there, while others want to wait for more info...kwim jmooc

I read each and every post from the beginning to the end. It took me one week.

I just forgot what they said.
Hi Lipin, reading all these posts is quite an undertaking. Personally I like the rehashing. Thats the way mysteries are solved. It doesnt take much to miss a key piece of information so resleuth as much as possible if your not satisfied with the outcome you have.:)

I'm trying to figure out why Diena would have been getting a Reiki treatment on her lunch hour, but am assuming that SP listed that along with the Indigo stuff, so it's just speculated.

hi lipin, reading all these posts is quite an undertaking. Personally i like the rehashing. Thats the way mysteries are solved. It doesnt take much to miss a key piece of information so resleuth as much as possible if your not satisfied with the outcome you have.:)
....ita!

99% it's somebody she knew. Mom had plenty of friends who could be suspect. SP wasn't normally in the mix. That day he was. Mom said in an interview it could be anyone even SP. She knows it's him or at least suspects him. The guy went to pick them up. Met up with Somer. Brought her home. Killed her and told the kids to keep looking for her. Then he put her in his car to throw her out later. I wonder if the LE checked his car. He had the opportunity, motive (asking for donations) and plenty of time. Suspect number one in my book.

I don't remember who posted this, but it is very interesting. Gives you an idea of what LE does when searching for missing child and where they look. (I'm assuming LE in this case followed this protocol or something very close.)

The link was huge so I tinyurled it. It's very interesting and each time I look at it, I read something I didn't see the first time.
http://tinyurl.com/yjmpahm

Extend search to surrounding areas including vehicles and other places of concealment.

Treat areas of interest as potential crime scenes.

O/T But could whoever posted that in response to one of my posts, please let me know. I'd like to give you credit if/when I post it again.

I can't see SP. The reasons I say this are:

1. He would have had to have been following the kids since they started walking home from school. Wouldn't some one notice.

2. Following because he would have had to see Somer run away from the other kids, So, makes no sense to me at all.

3. She went past the tanks to the burned house. Last seen there by Kyle. So SP was following her there as well? Makes no sense.

4. The burned house is about 3 or 4 blocks from Somer's house is what I am guessing?

5. How would she go home from the burned house if she didn't take the sidewalk? Any ideas on that?

6. I say that because something happened to her between that creepy house and home. That burned house looks like it's pretty covered from view in a lot of ways, but I don't know as I am looking at it on the net only.

7. If she went on from the burned house to home, what is the route? What could she have run into that way? Someone closer to home-not SP. Not enough time, IMO.

8. It seems like the burned house is the crime scene, so it doesn't add up that Kyle saw her there. Was she close enough to the burned house that the perp brought her back there and used something like carpet from there to roll her up? But wouldn't someone notice? Big chance.

9. I don't think that she was put in the garbage truck after she was killed. It would have to be someone then with keys to the truck. But it could be, I guess.

I have read all of the backthreads. It's a good suggestion, and it is the first thing I did - I had actually joined here due to another case. I do forget details on threads sometimes, I'm sure. Going back to re-check, we did mention this guys's name after Malave was killed, but I think we were talking about an SO who shares the same name, thinking it was this guy. This guy wasn't on the SO list (although he probably should have been - he had rape history that wasn't prosecuted). This guy's initials are WRD. To me he seems to have been spiralling out of control (emotionally labile, taking a lot of risks while offending, seems to have mental health issues).

In this recent crime he took his victim back to his home to rape and murder her, and then bought her back geographically to the place of the abduction. That could very well be patterned behavior, it would be nice to have more info on the assault of his ex gf. He didn't care that the police might be around or watching. He drove her back into the area in the front seat of his car. So he would have been capable of doing the same with Somer.

It is not uncommon for a rapist of women or teen girls to sexually assault a (particularly female) child. Only about 10% of those who offend sexually against children are solely fixated on prepubescent victims. Those in that 10% are the ones classified as pedophiles. Pedophiles are more concerned about their victims being prebubescent than they are about them being a particular gender. However, the vast majority of children who are sexually assaulted are attacked by sexual offenders who are also attracted to adults.

This guy, WRD, was thought to have been in the area at the time Somer was abducted. In fact, LE in Orange County found him doing a sweep but didn't know who he was because his fingerprints weren't coming up on the statewide check and he gave them a false dob. They saw several men with his first and last initials in the system, but none of them matched him.

This guy has anger issues. He recently bought a car. He was attempting to abscond to Georgia (he is on probation and has had a warrant out since earlier this year) when he committed his last crime. He drove the body back to the abduction area with a black trashbag covering the victim. I'm trying to find a reason why this couldn't be the guy and I don't see anything that rules him out. I wish I knew where he was staying before the Pine Hills address and what car he was driving before he bought the Toyota. It would also be good to know what all he's been doing employment wise.

Edit to add link to NC criminal history: http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

He was declared insane during his last criminal case (the one with the girlfriend in Florida). He had 11 infractions in what I believe was eight months of incarceration in NC. He assaulted a worker inside the Dept of Corrections - don't know which gender (that would be good to know - whether it was a male or female guard).

I wonder if after she "goofed off" at the tanks and the Gano house, she thought she'd better get home fast and took a short cut up through OPAA.

I know someone had already brought up the possibility that she took a short cut. If she went up Grove Park, would there be any way to get to her house (thinking like a kid and not worrying about cutting through yards.)

Am also wondering if the kids knew SP was going to be there. When was the plan made? At lunch? Then don't think they would have known.

Not sure if that matters, it's just in my head.

I can't see SP. The reasons I say this are:

1. He would have had to have been following the kids since they started walking home from school. Wouldn't some one notice.

2. Following because he would have had to see Somer run away from the other kids, So, makes no sense to me at all.

3. She went past the tanks to the burned house. Last seen there by Kyle. So SP was following her there as well? Makes no sense.

4. The burned house is about 3 or 4 blocks from Somer's house is what I am guessing?

5. How would she go home from the burned house if she didn't take the sidewalk? Any ideas on that?

6. I say that because something happened to her between that creepy house and home. That burned house looks like it's pretty covered from view in a lot of ways, but I don't know as I am looking at it on the net only.

7. If she went on from the burned house to home, what is the route? What could she have run into that way? Someone closer to home-not SP. Not enough time, IMO.

8. It seems like the burned house is the crime scene, so it doesn't add up that Kyle saw her there. Was she close enough to the burned house that the perp brought her back there and used something like carpet from there to roll her up? But wouldn't someone notice? Big chance.

9. I don't think that she was put in the garbage truck after she was killed. It would have to be someone then with keys to the truck. But it could be, I guess.

I think that for SP to be even somewhat viable, Somer has to have run home ahead of the other kids so that SP has some amount of unsupervised access. Since we assume this was a sex crime, he'd want that. But then it just all falls apart for me there with him. He would have been really busy trying to dodge all of the traffic of people coming and going and picking up kids from 3 or 3:15 onward. I don't see how he has time to sexually assault Somer, hide the body, dispose of it later, etc. And there is the fact that she wasn't seen after the burned out house, making it seem as if something happened right AFTER that, yet SP was home when her twin and the 10 yr old made it there. Logistically it just doesn't work for me. Plus, Somer didn't usually get home before the other kids, apparently.

I think its more likely that there was somebody around/nearby/rumored to be in the neighborhood that the mom WAS concerned about and that's why she asked SP to come over there in the first place and that's why she became so quickly alarmed when Somer didn't make it home. And maybe its not even that person that the mother was worried about who is the actual killer.

He was the only difference that day. Somer often ran in front. He may have known that. That's why he's my number one guy.

I think that for SP to be even somewhat viable, Somer has to have run home ahead of the other kids so that SP has some amount of unsupervised access. Since we assume this was a sex crime, he'd want that. But then it just all falls apart for me there with him. He would have been really busy trying to dodge all of the traffic of people coming and going and picking up kids from 3 or 3:15 onward. I don't see how he has time to sexually assault Somer, hide the body, dispose of it later, etc. And there is the fact that she wasn't seen after the burned out house, making it seem as if something happened right AFTER that, yet SP was home when her twin and the 10 yr old made it there. Logistically it just doesn't work for me. Plus, Somer didn't usually get home before the other kids, apparently.

I think its more likely that there was somebody around/nearby/rumored to be in the neighborhood that the mom WAS concerned about and that's why she asked SP to come over there in the first place and that's why she became so quickly alarmed when Somer didn't make it home. And maybe its not even that person that the mother was worried about who is the actual killer.

The one and only day this SP was there Somer gets killed. Too much of a coincidence for me. Maybe he had help.

But there could be someone else who was in that neighborhood on this day too. Someone who had more time and wasn't in the presence of LE from 5 p.m. on. (and a 7 yo boy from 3:10 to 5).

I'd like to know whether the testimony from CS (minor) seeing Somer at an intersection that was farther than the Gano house was incorrect or whether LE is keeping quiet on that and letting everyone focus on the Gano house. (or maybe it was the closest intersection to where she did she her)

You are correct and that person could have been helping SP. This could have been more than one person. I originally thought it could have been a woman who lured her like her babysitter or the mom of one of her friends even the one who drive her to school. I still haven't ruled anyone out as an accomplice. This had to be someone she knew.

The one and only day this SP was there Somer gets killed. Too much of a coincidence for me. Maybe he had help.

I think its a huge coincidence too. All of his flakey new age stuff reduces his credibility further for me. But... In the end I just can't make the timeline work.

I think there has to be some reason they blacked out part of the mom's interview and why the mother seemed to almost answer the question about whether she suspected anyone of taking her daughter, AND some reason she was so (whas seems to be uncharacteristically) worried about what time Somer got home that night. If she thought there was someone risky in the vicinity that day, it would explain her asking someone to look out for the kids after school (and it would explain why someone from the SO registry is on the initial police report).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk