FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the statement by her attorney encouraging when he used the word progressing more than once. I wonder if they (LE) finally received results from the FDLE that they've been waiting to match against the DNA they've collected. Taking a side road here, someone mentioned the grandparents are involved in their lives... I wonder if the bald headed boyfriend is still living there. I also wonder if deep down, DT's gut is telling her who the monster is - it's like she has a suspicion of someone within her inner circles.

ok another question for you awesome sluethers. If WLK was arrested for failing to register a new address (DR only passed 3 weeks prior so I assume he was still living on Gano until he was kicked out), then why did they not put out a warrant for CG for never registering a new address, until his info showed up on the MPR? How long has he been in TX?
because his home is texas... didn't move home addys allegedly per reports

I'm feeling very emotional right now - I guess this case is dredging up some painful memories.

Quotes from Diena on the firstcoast news segment:

"They want to believe it could never happen to them..." Referring to those that are judging her.

"He can look me right in my eyes..." Talking about little Somer's killer, and how she hopes he will be brought to justice (The only justice for him/her/them is a cruel & painful execution, alone, with no one to comfort them!!! These are my words, not Diena's.)

"If it weren't for all of these people helping me, standing behind me, that I probably wouldn't be as strong as everybody thinks that I am, because I'm really dying inside." I can relate to those words - because when my own beautiful daughter was kidnapped and almost murdered (those of you who have read my previous posts will know what I'm talking about), I drew upon a reservoir of strength I didn't know I had, until I needed it, and those around me (certain family members/friends) believed that I was okay. But I wasn't. I was able to appear strong, but inside I was terrified that the person who had attempted to murder my daughter would somehow get away with it.

When he was convicted and I stood in the courtroom and read my victim impact statement, and I looked him in the eye (because I wanted him to know that I despised him and wasn't afraid of him), I took control of my terror and directed it at him. I know what Diena means when she says "He can look me right in my eyes."

It wasn't until after my own daughter's attempted murderer had been convicted and sentenced, and we all felt safe again, that I was able to feel the full force of my emotions. I'm thankful I have a loving partner who was here with me that night when I screamed and cried and released everything I had bottled up during that horrendous experience.

I truly hope Diena gets the opportunity to look her daughter's killer in the eye when he is convicted and sentenced.

Because then she will be able to allow herself to feel the grief, the rage, the loss.
And then she will be able to begin to fully heal.

In this video, you see Diena turning to her lawyer and asking if she's allowed to say what she just said (that LE is using more DNA labs to process all the DNA they have taken from people).

That's why she needs a lawyer.

If she'd not been allowed to say it, he would have stopped her. JMO

I wonder if LE thinks the perp may be one of those contacting Diena.

One of those putting the blame on her instead on the creep?
Or someone who comforts her, knowing all the time that it was he/she who caused this immeasurable pain to this family?

In this video, you see Diena turning to her lawyer and asking if she's allowed to say what she just said (that LE is using more DNA labs to process all the DNA they have taken from people).

That's why she needs a lawyer.

If she'd not been allowed to say it, he would have stopped her. JMO

So they haven't processed all of the DNA? That's kind of good news?

Why is WLK a predator if he only abused his girlfriend's daughter? Not that I think it's OK, but how does one get the predator designation?

Serious or repeat offenders can be given the term predator.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/data/session/1998/House/bills/analysis/pdf/HB3107S1.CP.pdf

Someone posted this earlier in this thread or the previous one, I don't remember.

The designation of a person as a sexual predator or sexual offender is neither a sentence nor a punishment but simply a status resulting from the conviction of certain crimes. {Sections 775.21(3)(d), 943.0435(12), 944.607 Florida Statutes}

Florida law, effective 7/1/96, requires the Florida Department of Law Enforcement to maintain an updated list of Sexual Predators in this state after a court has made a written finding designating them as a Sexual Predator, as the term is defined by Florida statute.

Chapter 97-299, Laws of Florida, requires certain sexual offenders to directly register with or to have information compiled by the Department of Corrections or the Department of Juvenile Justice, with the information to be provided to FDLE. Florida law makes this information available to the public. This site provides you with public information regarding both Sexual Predators and Sexual Offenders.

Please see F.S. 775.21 for additional information on Sexual Predators and F.S. 943.0435 for additional information regarding Sexual Offenders.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/Legal.jsp

Florida Sexual Predators Act
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/PredatorDefinition.jsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads