FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cath, not that I know of-why? Just the one-Infinity.

Thank you Doggies, I suppose I had better hit the sack. Good Night to All.

Share, I have not watched near all of Diena's TV showings, but in a couple, I thought she wasn't looking around near enough. Figured it was meds. Especially the first one w/the sheriff when she was holding the poster of Somer. He said some things I thought would have gotten a major reaction, but she didn't even acknowledge his statements. Like I said-I figured she was medicated-and sleepless.

Wait, cath-why did you ask?
But if I missed you, sweet dreams only, OK?

I read some of the hate mail on formums from news channel 4 in Jacksonville. There are some really hateful people on there and I am sure it hurts DT and her family to read. I hope her other older children don't read amy of them or any of their friends. I also hope other parents(friends of the children) don't say to much around their own children, and them tease her siblings @ school. We all know how cruel kids can be....

post 21 y chatdog quotes her own post, but has stated its from sanpod (ME). Then chatdog asks why I quote my own post and asks me to please elaborate on ending this wild goose chase or something to that effect.

This post originated to me from chatdog.... can someone please help me clarify this mess, I am tired and maybe im reading it wrong since I am a newbe here.

Does anyone know if the police have been setting in DT's driveway for the last few nights? Thats what one poster on another site said. My thought is if they are maybe due to the hate mail and threats the family has recieved.

SadnPod I think MommaD (not sure) first wrote the post...then when we jumped to the next thread you had quoted it or tried to answer it and it came across as you quoting your own post...It was not written by you first. Then Cathdawg asked if you were quoting your own post and what one particular phrase meant. The original post is on the previous thread. So you'd have to go back to Thread 17 to see the first post and that will explain it all...I hope this helps...as I look back to see what I've written even I'm confused LOL...I think it is in the last few pages of Somer's thread 17.

Thanks for posting here. I'm glad to have your input and I understand you're in a difficult position. I'm in NC too and it's past my bedtime... Goodnight all.

goodnite all... I will try again tomorrow... Bless u all and the Thompson Family as they go thru this service in NC saturday.... pls wish me strenght to do it again....i really dont know if my heart can take it..

sadnpod that post was written by MommaD in thread 17. I don't know how it got carried over here as your post. Cathdawg was just asking what the goose chase statement meant. I think everyone now realizes you did not write that. My thoughts will be with you and her father and fathers family. May God comfort you all and give all of you strength.

Boy did I pick a bad couple of days to slack off. I've tried to hard to catch up. There are some really interesting posts in the last 24 hours or so. Welcome to everyone who just came on in the last few hours, sorry I missed saying hello :)

Something that Infinity said that has stuck in my head is the skateboard. A few days ago I was looking at YouTube videos and stumbled across skateboarding videos for OP. If I'm not mistaken there were some good close up shots of some skateboarders in the park. Though they may have been younger guys...I guess it won't hurt to look for the person she's describing. Will also look for the yellow car in the parking lot next to the skate park in the videos.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has looked on craigslist for puppies being advertised. A lot of the ads posts pics and we might be able to see something or glean some info from an ad. Wish we knew what kind of puppies they were.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/for/1424935971.html

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/grd/1423905683.html

Neither location in Orange Park.

I read some of the hate mail on formums from news channel 4 in Jacksonville. There are some really hateful people on there and I am sure it hurts DT and her family to read. I hope her other older children don't read amy of them or any of their friends. I also hope other parents(friends of the children) don't say to much around their own children, and them tease her siblings @ school. We all know how cruel kids can be....
I am thinking maybe she shouldn't even open her mail. Have an objective 3rd party open it for her. Give her the condolence, support mail and if any hate mails appears to be a legit threat pass it on to authorities, torch the rest.
She is surrounded by people who could do this for her. Why she's brought this to the public I am not sure. In every case there are going to be people who are just mean and harass the family. It's unfortunate.
I'd rather hear information about the increased reward, or some new detail to help catch this child killer.

Missing/Located Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

for those who don't know their way around and want to find threads in the missing forum please click above. It will take you to all the Somer threads as well as all those other unfortunate children and adults that are currently missing as well.

I just tried to jump from #17 to #18, and there is no link. In previous threads, when a new one was started there was a link from the old thread to the new.

If there is one, I did not see it. I had to go to the main listing and find #18 from there.

Just saying, in case someone forgot to place that link to thread #18.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

This is from one of the first articles written:
Early Tuesday morning, Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said the search encompassed a one-mile radius around the girl's school, Grove Park Elementary. As daylight breaks, he said the search will be expanded farther

I feel a little better because I think one of our posters wasn't sure if the search included the park and the area by the house on Gano. But if it was a one mile radius from the school (i assume the school is the center point) then these areas were covered in the search the first night.

In the comments one person says there are lots of alleys behind the houses. I didn't get that impression looking at the maps of the area. Can any locals help me out here?

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

Video titled "mom needs answers"

At the end of this video at 2:52 or so, the reporter states that DT said that LE has told her that they don't believe the suspect is anyone she knows.

Very interesting. I must have missed that statement yesterday.

Missing/Located Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

for those who don't know their way around and want to find threads in the missing forum please click above. It will take you to all the Somer threads as well as all those other unfortunate children and adults that are currently missing as well.

Thank you. Last night when I logged off, I had read to post #750 on Thread 17 and when I logged back on a new thread had been established and I didn't know how to get back to the one I was reading before I logged off. I am new here and don't know my way around. Thanks for your help.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

This is from one of the first articles written:
Early Tuesday morning, Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said the search encompassed a one-mile radius around the girl's school, Grove Park Elementary. As daylight breaks, he said the search will be expanded farther

I feel a little better because I think one of our posters wasn't sure if the search included the park and the area by the house on Gano. But if it was a one mile radius from the school (i assume the school is the center point) then these areas were covered in the search the first night.

In the comments one person says there are lots of alleys behind the houses. I didn't get that impression looking at the maps of the area. Can any locals help me out here?

I didn't see alleys behind the houses... no clue what they were/are referring to - sorry.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/11/somers-mom-your-mind-can-show.html

[snipped] "There's nothing a 7 year-old could do to deserve what she's been put through, even though I don't know what that is but I have my own story in my mind. As I've said before, I don't know if it's more greusome than what acutally happened but when you're left to your mind it can show you some horrible things".

Local Fundraisers Planned To Benefit Reward Fund, Thompson Family

http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/21405716/detail.html

[DIRECTIONS FOR DONATIONS INFO SNIPPED]

Anyone who would like to donate can go to Ameris Bank at 888 Lane Avenue or 4835 Town Center Parkway and give to account No. 3123504437. Donors can also call the Justice Coalition at 904-783-6312 or visit the donation table at the Old Navy store at the Orange Park Mall all weekend.

Donated funds will be in addition to the $40,000 the Justice Coalition has already pledged to find whoever killed Somer and the $5,000 reward that Crimestoppers has offered for an arrest in the case.

Anyone interested in helping the Thompson family with expenses related to the death can contribute at any Vystar Credit Union to Somer Thompson, account No. 0702794000, or P.O. Box 45085, Jacksonville, FL 32232-5085.

Friday, Nov. 13 - Community Rocks for Somer Molly Hatchet will headline a benefit concert at the Orange Park High School stadium and debut a song written as a tribute for Somer. Red Jumpsuit Apparatus will also perform along with members of the rock band Blackfoot. The stadium opens at 7:15 and the concert begins at 8 p.m. Proceeds from the $10 admission charge will be divided between the reward fund and the Thompson family. More information: www.claytodayonline.com or call 904-316-5177.

Nov. 15 - Benefit at the park at Orange Park Town Hall Group is called Rockers Against Sexual Predators. Ten bands are slated to play on what they are calling Somer's Day. The event is from 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and will feature vendors and booths from the Justice Coalition, B.A.C.A. (Bikers Against Child Abuse), bounce houses, arts & crafts, Karate America, child ID kits, fingerprinting and DNA kits. There will also be multiple concessions and a silent auction..

Nov. 21 - Somer's Poker Run A motorcycle poker run is scheduled on Saturday, Nov. 21, to benefit the family of Somer Thompson. Channel 4's Richard Nunn says Diena Thompson may be participating in this one.

The ride will begin from Bayard Rooster, 12661 Phillips Hwy, with check-in at 9:30 a.m. and kickstands up at 10:30 a.m. There will be live entertainment and a free fish fry for all riders at the final stop: Whitey's Fish Camp.

The cost is $15 per bike, preregistered; $20 day of the event. Passengers and walk-ups are $5 each. Call Laura at 904-683-6372 to preregister.

Nov. 22 - Benefit Bass Tournament Sponsored by North Florida Bass Masters, Whitey's Fish Camp and Florida Bass Network. Launch is from Whitey's Fish Camp at first light until 3 p.m. Fifty percent of entry fees go to the Somer Thompson fund. For more information call Sid 759-3846 or Eddie 923-4862 or log on to: www.nfbm.net or www.floridabassnetwork.com/somer.

Nov. 22 - Jacksonville RollerGirls Roller Derby The Jacksonville RollerGirls are hosting a charity bout in memory of Somer Thompson at Mandarin Skate Station on 3461 Kori Rd. All proceeds will be donated in Somer Thompson's memory to CrimeStoppers in hopes to apprehend Somer's murderer and other violent offenders in the Jacksonville area. All raffle proceeds will be donated to Child Alert Center Charities. More info: www.jacksonvillerollergirls.com or call 904-880-7709.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500