FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about the statement made by the reporter in which she quotes Diena as saying that LE told her (Diena) that they do not think the perp is anyone she (Diena) knows.

At 2:54 (almost at end)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21599954/index.html

Somer's Mom Says She Needs Answers to Investigation

I find that an incredibly impossible thing for LE to say. I know hundreds of people myself. Maybe not by name, but by sight fro sure. I'm sure that's true of DT as she works in a medical office. Not that I am saying any of the patients are suspects!

Yes, the big woods on Debarry. I have no doubt she was at the house, but then traveled past the house turning on Debarry (crossing guard was probably already gone at that point) and ending up in the woods. Lots of homes back up to those woods . She was even determined to be at a swingset at one of these houses. This is what FDLE told us as we were searching the area.

I am getting lots and lots of new info from you. I don't think that I have heard any of this before!

Good Morning to ALL, I was thinking that perhaps DT did not have a regular sitter since the last one quit or? Maybe she relied on AT (10 yr old). We do not know if SP was a last min. effort to have someone at the home. Please People don't bite my head off but....I was wondering if SP was actually at the house that day. Maybe DT panicked when Somer did not return home with others. Maybe it was AT that called her and DT went into panic mode and had SP cover for her. We do not have phone records or diddly, it is just something I have been wondering about.

On another note, I was wondering if the killer knew when the Dumpsters are emptied , therefore must be a local. It seems to brazen to dump a body in a dumpster not knowing when the trash would be picked up. ie 1 day -7 days.
JMO

I continue to think that DT arranged for SP to stay that day because a) he was apparently already there for lunch and b) she thought someone risky was in the neighborhood that day. I think the latter is possibly the reason for her stronger than usual reaction when Somer wasn't home by 4pm. I don't think these kids had a regular sitter after school save for the older siblings. Maybe they did at one time, but I think they had been home with older sibs for a while. One of the articles said that Somer has been walking alone/with sibs to and from school since she was five years old.

Does anyone know whether the dog Kahlua actually ran up to the yard at Gano? The way it was described that Somer approached the house and went into the yard, I would have thought some scent would be there too.

I find that an incredibly impossible thing for LE to say. I know hundreds of people myself. Maybe not by name, but by sight fro sure. I'm sure that's true of DT as she works in a medical office. Not that I am saying any of the patients are suspects!

Maybe they did tell her that

No it's not your friends and no we don't think a SO ..could be they are sending her a message

So, thanks for the 420 education! I've never heard that before, either, and would have sworn I wasn't that far out of the loop, but I guess I am.
What it did bring immediately to mind was the Columbine massacre.
Thanks again.

And if anyone missed me editing all my posts.

Found (at 2:54, nearly end of video)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21599954/index.html

Somer's Mom Says She Needs Answers to Investigation

Typed from me listening:

And Thompson says one of the things investigators have told her is that they have had to use other crime labs outside of the state of Florida because they are analyzing so many different DNA samples from different people. She also says they have told her they don't believe the suspect is anyone that she knows.

isn't anyone she knows

It's good to think that they are running dna. I was becoming really afraid that they hadn't been able to recover any dna from Somer, so I'm so happy if there was some after all.

MR (minor, name edited) said running off unattended wasn’t anything new for Somer. MR, 17, said she baby-sat Somer and her two siblings for a little more than a month this year. That’s why she took to an intersection off West Gano Avenue and passed out fliers of the auburn-haired girl.

She said the 7-year-old is headstrong and often jumped ahead of her brother and sister on the way back from school and made her way back by herself. These trips usually took anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, and she said Diena Thompson had a list of phone numbers for the parents of Somer’s friends in case she was gone for too long.

“She’d be gone and then just show up when I’d be calling one of her friend’s parents,” MR said.

She said she never knew where Somer ran to, but she loves treehouses and swimming pools. The reason why she ran might be more clear.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...somer_renee_thompson_continues_into_the_night

I don't know when MR was their babysitter.

1. Twocents, please don't leave here. We need you!

2. Sorrellskye-please keep posting your tells.

I know if you want to lie, don't say much. Giving too much info is related to lying.

3. The 4:20 call, Maybe it's coincidental. But here are a couple of thoughts on it.

a. If it is related to pot, then why would you call at that time if you believe your child is missing? If it's code, then what does it all mean?

b. Why call BF to help search? He didn't get there until 2 hours later, was it? I don't know the time frame. I just don't remember and am too lazy to look it up.

If Somer does this all of the time, then why call the BF? Why call BF who is 2 hours away.

Why not ask the neighbors to help look for her. Did she?

The Deputy was Coan , who DT flagged down @ the corner of Floyd Circle West & Gano. Time is not on the MP report.

Okay the MP report , this is what I have a problem with.

Dt is interviewed 1st

DT states she gets a text at 4ish from SP saying Somer is not home.

SP then states he receives a text at 4 ish from DT asking how the kids are?

SP states he sends AT out to look for Somer at 3:10, she returns at 3;30, he sends her out again. (Where did she go?) So is AT still out there....

BF arrived at 5, which I think is close to the time that Diena and the officer, A. Coan, arrived too. I know the MPR date/time was 10/19, 17:06.

The Deputy was Coan , who DT flagged down @ the corner of Floyd Circle West & Gano. Time is not on the MP report.

Okay the MP report , this is what I have a problem with.

Dt is interviewed 1st

DT states she gets a text at 4ish from SP saying Somer is not home.

SP then states he receives a text at 4 ish from DT asking how the kids are?

SP states he sends AT out to look for Somer at 3:10, she returns at 3;30, he sends her out again. (Where did she go?) So is AT still out there....

My understanding of this is that DT texts SP and asks how the kids are; he replies that Somer did not come home with the other two.

How they described that to LE may seem "off" but the phone records won't lie. As fast as some people text (not me) both could have taken place at 4 p.m. (not sure what you find odd there)

I'd like to know where EVERYONE was from 3:10 to 5:10. It would make things easier for me on where I wanted my brain to go next.

BF arrived at 5, which I think is close to the time that Diena and the officer, A. Coan, arrived too. I know the MPR date/time was 10/19, 17:06.

OK. Why call BF? He's still a ways out there. Did she ask neighbors for help?

Another thing that I have noticed in pics of Somer, but maybe it's just the way the pic looks on the net.

It looks like she licks her lips. It looks reddish all the way around her lips on the skin above and below her lips.

That is sometimes a sign of sexual abuse. The licking of the lips.

I do it myself in the winter when it is so dry here because of the forced air heat. I imagine that Florida is never dry.

I'm just asking, not accusing here.

I know if you want to lie, don't say much. Giving too much info is related to lying.

3. The 4:20 call, Maybe it's coincidental. But here are a couple of thoughts on it.

a. If it is related to pot, then why would you call at that time if you believe your child is missing? If it's code, then what does it all mean?
I wouldn't put to much thought into the 420 thing. It's more like a fun, silly thing that mostly high school pot smokers do. I used to smoke a good deal of pot in my younger days (I'm a musician, it was in my job description) and the only time I ever heard anyone past college age mention 420 it was just somebody noticing what time it was and saying "it's 4:20. Ha Ha". Just a passing thing. If Diena did happen to call at 4:20 I doubt it had anything to do with pot even if she was a big pot smoker.

Sibs last saw Somer at Solomon @ Gano

Friend Grove @ Gano

Before I sign off for the night one last point
Where are all the family and friends of DT. No one coming out and saying anything nice about her. Even CA had people saying she was a good mom etc etc. Not one has anything to say... why is that.

And it's not right, not humane, for Diena to have kept those kids away from their dad while he was in town-especially for such a tragedy.

I've got huge issues with that too. I mean, I've been through a divorce and I totally "get" how difficult that process is. I understand the animosity one can feel towards an ex. And I know parents slip and say things they shouldn't about the other parent. In fact, show me a person who has never talked badly about their ex in front of their child, and I'll show you someone who is either a saint or a liar.

BUT. That said, it's so damaging to kids to bash the other parent. And I think (and hope) that most parents try to pull it together as much as possible for the sake of their kids in terms of trying to be civil in front of the children. It is completely beyond me to envision any circumstance wherein I would deny my son's father (and his family) the right to participate in events memorializing our son in the event of tragedy. That's just wrong.

Based on the work number given by the BF, I found work address and got directions to Thompson house. Time was about 23-38 minutes depending on route. Based on a 4:20 call from Diena, that would be pretty much on target.

[/B]

BBM - you are absolutely right doggies; I just can't see the feeling of hatred for an ex, overcoming the grief you are feeling because of the murder of your child... that's why I'm holding judgement until there is actual proof that DT purposely kept ST's name out of the obit & told her kids not to talk to him @ the funeral. It's all hearsay... haven't heard it from the mouth of DT.

I dunno. I thought she made her feelings about ST abundantly clear when she snapped at the press that if Somer's father came to town he wouldn't be staying at her house. It was both inappropriate and petty, particularly given the gravity of the situation during the presser.

b. Why call BF to help search? He didn't get there until 2 hours later, was it? I don't know the time frame. I just don't remember and am too lazy to look it up.

If Somer does this all of the time, then why call the BF? Why call BF who is 2 hours away.

Why not ask the neighbors to help look for her. Did she?

From very early on in this case my thoughts have been:

SP did not go with the children to look for Somer because he was on clean up duty. Cleaning all the drugs and paranaphelia out of the house. SP nor DT could phone 911 with the house full of their stuff...!! Sooo-- DT flags LE down after she has word the house is clean. The 420 call to the boyfriend is major to me because it fits... 420 is code for pot in the text messaging world, and in general with pot smokers. 4:20 is usually a known time to burn.

http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/textmessageabbreviations.asp

Acronyms In Personal Ads 420: This means the ad writer is a marijuana smoker

ETA: additional link
http://wikiweed.net/2009/05/19/what-does-420-mean/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics