FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they have DNA back on all the people whose DNA they took. But there are RSOs (and others) who have DNA on file for one reason or another. So those people could be eliminated as suspects. Maybe this guy had DNA on file? And that is why he is not a suspect?

JMO but I think they do have the DNA from Somer (no way is something rushed and a priority going to take 8 weeks with FBI and NCIS involved. They have their own labs.) Maybe there is something about the perp (disease) that this guy doesn't have.

Re: The dogs

Human, I have a beagle, and with my neighbors boxers in mind, I don't think the result would be this big. These pups look big to me (for 8 weeks).

Beagle and some kind of large dog mix? No? They do not look like boxers at all to me. Beagle and German shepherd mix? I don't think they are a purebred.

I don't know about the killer not killing dogs, but killing humans. I don't know if the 2 are mutually exclusive. Any killers that we know that loved animals?

You know when you go to Clay County Sherrif's website there's that folder on the right with the scolling headlines....they are dated for the longest time there were only 3 stories, 2 about Somer's reward & iirc the last presser and one about an exposure arrest.

It deeply saddens me to notice the exposure arrest is still there & other arrests have been added but both of those related to Somer have been removed!!!!!!!

....gives me a "gone cold" feeling....

ETA: or perhaps on the other end of the spectrum - they are readying themselves for an arrest?!??!

Chickenpants-does your friend have any info that is going around the town at all? Rumors? There must be something people have heard in something so horrible as this.

The vet's office said they were boxer mix. They have more expertise than me.

Hubby just reminded me that our beagle was the runt of the litter. So maybe that is why I was thinking these pups looked big.

The vet's office said they were boxer mix. They have more expertise than me.

Hubby just reminded me that our beagle was the runt of the litter. So maybe that is why I was thinking these pups looked big.

That's what I get for being a speed reader. I missed the boxer mix totally. I guess the vet should know. Sometimes small dogs do get mixed up with the big. Does it look like a beagle to you at all besides the size?

I don't think they have DNA back on all the people whose DNA they took. But there are RSOs (and others) who have DNA on file for one reason or another. So those people could be eliminated as suspects. Maybe this guy had DNA on file? And that is why he is not a suspect?

JMO but I think they do have the DNA from Somer (no way is something rushed and a priority going to take 8 weeks with FBI and NCIS involved. They have their own labs.) Maybe there is something about the perp (disease) that this guy doesn't have.

Re: The dogs

Human, I have a beagle, and with my neighbors boxers in mind, I don't think the result would be this big. These pups look big to me (for 8 weeks).

Has anyone wondered if ALL the DNA on Somer's body might have been identifiable????

ANYONE smelling what I'm stepping in???? You let me know and I will get you something to wipe it off with.....

Do any/all of you think LE was able to pull DNA evidence belonging to the murderer from Somer?

LMAO ... Tara ... (DNA post at same time)

I think they must have DNA from the perp, otherwise, they could not rule out anybody.

ETA: What if no DNA on Somer other than that from Diena, Perry, Sibs, AB, miscellaneous kids, teachers.

Beagle pup

That's what I get for being a speed reader. I missed the boxer mix totally. I guess the vet should know. Sometimes small dogs do get mixed up with the big. Does it look like a beagle to you at all besides the size?

Funny thing is I SHOULD have asked mixed with what? But I don't think as quick as the rest of you....

By the time I called back to ask, they were closed for the day (and NO NOT for their xmas party rotflmao@Noway)

I will call again tomorrow if we really need to know....but the fact that they said boxer mix means they likely don't know or they'd say boxer-beagle cross or what have you or them or us or whoever....lol kwim jean?

LMAO ... Tara ...

I think they must have DNA from the perp, otherwise, they could not rule out anybody.

ETA: What if no DNA on Somer other than that from Diena, Perry, Sibs, AB, miscellaneous kids, teachers.

Beagle pup

Well at least we are laughing along side each other...

Have you thought about what that would mean??? (ONLY identifiable DNA)

I agree they have DNA from the perp but they HAVE NOT ruled out anyone!

Even if it is NOT a sex crime, how would they rule that man (or anyone) out without DNA evidence?

ETA
What I'm saying is that just because it is not a sex crime does not mean a woman is the guilty party. To rule out the possibility that it is anyone, wouldn't they need to have DNA or alibi or ________ ? What?

LMAO ... Tara ... (DNA post at same time)

Beagle pup

Sorry noway I didn't see you respond to my "way out" question...

NO dna on somer other than that of all those known to her would mean either the killer managed to leave none at all in the spur of killing & disposing of her, OR.....LE need to put on their thinking caps cuz they got their work cut out for them.

Even if it is NOT a sex crime, how would they rule that man (or anyone) out without DNA evidence?

ETA
What I'm saying is that just because it is not a sex crime does not mean a woman is the guilty party. To rule out the possibility that it is anyone, wouldn't they need to have DNA or alibi or ________ ? What?

If this was in response to my queries, my point was if not a sex crime means our perp is likely not an RSO....

ETA To rule out the possibility of ANYONE, wouldn't they start with who's DNA is NOT there???? or rather WHOSE DNA IS on her and those would be your working list of possible suspects?

ETA

People leave DNA all of the time. Hair, skin cells falling off. What else? I don't know.

Let's hope that she was in a garbage bag so DNA did last on her. I can't see much lasting in that salad of a dump.

I wanted to call my waste treatment people, but work interfered. I wanted to ask them about a landfill and what happens to stuff in the transfer station. Do things remain in bags or do they get mushed all aroundc

People leave DNA all of the time. Hair, skin cells falling off. What else? I don't know.

Let's hope that she was in a garbage bag so DNA did last on her. I can't see much lasting in that salad of a dump.

I wanted to call my waste treatment people, but work interfered. I wanted to ask them about a landfill and what happens to stuff in the transfer station. Do things remain in bags or do they get mushed all aroundc

iirc, there's a news report about the landfill she was found it that describes their process, i'll try and find it for you....

ETA: oh i c, you want info about the transfer!!! sorry human! duho! too many gravol today....icky.

Interesting! Eliminated him right away instantly with nothing that we know of to back it up. So do you think LE knows who did it and are just making an airtight case?

yes .. they have to follow up on all the leads first and get all the DNA back
They know for sure who did this and as DT lawyer said.. they are watching
and hoping the person does the right thing and let the community heal.. she was to moved she cried:waitasec:

there's a news report about GA landfill process ETA: sorry human i realize now you wanted info on the transfer.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-22/story/search_for_somer_thompson_experts_say_landfill_forensics_search_isnt_eas

[snipped...] Experts say searching a landfill for criminal evidence can be difficult because there's so much risk of contamination.

Ross Gardner, a national forensics expert based in Oklahoma, said it's usually easy to know where to start looking, because most landfills are strictly organized into cells by location and date.

If it's not well-organized, then "it's kind of poke and hope," said Gardner, a former Army crime-scene investigator and chief of police in Lake City, Ga.

But even at an organized site, landfill searches are a huge challenge. Almost as soon as debris is spread atop the dump, it's compacted by steel-wheeled rollers. By the end of the first day, it will usually be covered with soil to control odors.

"Even in a fresh situation like they were dealing with [in the Somer case], unless you're so lucky that the body just pops out on top, you're going to have to do some excavation," said Paul Laska, a forensic consultant in Palm City. As a crime-scene investigator, he spent a month in 1993 excavating a Martin County landfill looking for a little girl's body.

That can mean bringing in cadaver dogs trained to sniff for human remains to help narrow the search.

Once crews find debris from the right day and hauler, the search can become more like an archaeological excavation, he said, with material sifted delicately, despite the damage already done by daily landfill operations.

It can be difficult to recognize meaningful evidence in a small mountain of twisted refuse and decay.

"You've got broken glass, broken metal, a lot of just nasty stuff in there," Laska said. "You're going to find bones, because that's a garbage dump."

If a body is discovered, it can be difficult to preserve DNA evidence - even if investigators move slowly and carefully. Most of the evidence can be contaminated before search crews even arrive.

Though evidence of sexual abuse inside the body may be preserved, Gardner said anything on the exterior of the body might not hold up as evidence because so much trash gets mixed together. Debris surrounding the body could be connected to the case, such as a glove or a piece of clothing, but that can be very hard to prove.

(more from report at link above)

it was back here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4559519&postcount=287"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4559519&postcount=287[/ame]

Okay let me just say this another way

Beseler said the man is not a suspect in the Somer case. Right
Why does he not say the same for DT .. it makes no sense unless there is a reason

Okay let me just say this another way

Beseler said the man is not a suspect in the Somer case. Right
Why does he not say the same for DT .. it makes no sense unless there is a reason

Proximity might be the factor. This man might have an airtight alibi and DT doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayteamuhree