Still Missing FL - Steven Cozzi, lawyer, Largo, 21 March 2023 *plastic surgeon arrested*

Wow… so how long was he planning this? To murder someone for just doing his job?
This is an unreal crime… so despicable, evil, sadistic. It’s hard to even comprehend what Steven went through.

It is totally misguided anger. Instead of going after a tiny biller who was at fault, he went after a tiny attorney. Illogical. In our day and age, the names of plastic surgeons are more frequently heard of in the context of them being victims. This case is unusual.

If so many people are afraid of TK, there must be a reason. I suspect that TK's personality was so abrasive that he might have not been supported by the practice he worked for. (A mistake, if so - now the practice name is in papers.)

But still - interestingly, what prevented TK from ruining that woman, if he was so angry? And if he went against the practice, sued his former colleagues (not a nice thing to do), then why such paltry sum, $15 K? Instead of spending time in courts, he could have done some pro bono work and asked for good reviews. Could have made some people happy for free, and each day in court costs a lot.

It is totally misguided anger. Instead of going after a tiny biller who was at fault, he went after a tiny attorney. Illogical. In our day and age, the names of plastic surgeons are more frequently heard of in the context of them being victims. This case is unusual.

If so many people are afraid of TK, there must be a reason. I suspect that TK's personality was so abrasive that he might have not been supported by the practice he worked for. (A mistake, if so - now the practice name is in papers.)

But still - interestingly, what prevented TK from ruining that woman, if he was so angry? And if he went against the practice, sued his former colleagues (not a nice thing to do), then why such paltry sum, $15 K? Instead of spending time in courts, he could have done some pro bono work and asked for good reviews. Could have made some people happy for free, and each day in court costs a lot.
Agreed. It’s totally illogical.

I read through his court filings, many of which were Pro Se, and his reputation was one of the most important things to him. He felt the patient lawsuit and public comments resulting from the billing errors made him look bad and that as we have seen so many times before, this is a trigger for a narcissist. SC handled a lot of the communication for the “other side” and dealt directly with TK, so he was the leader of the enemy group trying to destroy his reputation if you will. This drug on for years, allowing his illogical anger to grow in his delusions mind. JMOO based on his words and actions and studying the subject.

After all of this including taking the life of Mr. Cozzi -- the psycho doctor 'takes nothing!' How tragic for Cozzi's family and friends. Seems he was a great guy.

5/1/2023 -- Prosecutors seek death penalty against plastic surgeon accused of murdering missing lawyer

Were investigators able to obtain any evidence from the landfill?
I don't recall LE mentioning any evidence being found in the landfill search.
JMO

From States the motion for pre trial detention: July 7th

multiple law enforcement agencies attempted a multi-day recovery effort for S.C.’s body to no avail.
64. Law enforcement learned from employees of Waste Management that trash disposed in the Collier County landfill is compacted to approximately 1/3 its normal size making recovery efforts nearly impossible.

Pre Trial hearing this morning at 8:30AM.

Charge Information - (Check PCSO for Custody Info)
Charges: KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMANStatuteLevelDate
1. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE782.04(1)(A)FELONY - CAPITAL03/21/2023
Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
10/05/2023 PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officers BULONE, JOSEPH A, BULONE, JOSEPH A)
BRING

Another pre trial set for 1/23/24

Charges: KOSOWSKI, TOMASZ ROMANStatuteLevelDate
1. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE782.04(1)(A)FELONY - CAPITAL03/21/2023
Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
01/23/2024 PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officers BULONE, JOSEPH A, BULONE, JOSEPH A)
BRING
10/05/2023 PRE-TRIAL (8:30 AM) (Judicial Officer BULONE, JOSEPH A)
BRING
Result: HEARING HELD
10/05/2023 PRE-TRIAL HEARING SET Doc # 69
BRING

TK racked up, what is likely a large sum of legal fees with the law firm. These are expenses the firm incurred defending the billing case. Since TK was not going to prevail on the initial lawsuit, the law firm would be looking to recover their own expenses from TK. So yes, $15K was related to the biller, but there was probably additionally $10s of thousands of dollars of legal expenses now in the picture. Also, TK is the type of guy that would try to "win at all costs". It is sad.

One wonders what the problem with the biller was. I noticed he was on Medicare/Medicaid panel. Lots of paperwork and some billers are lazy to fill it or maybe it is truly hard. Anyhow, I think there was a real issue with the billing in that group, and they, obliquely, bear some blame for creating the situation. I think it would be interesting to know how it all started. If he under collected, what does the law say about the rest?

One wonders what the problem with the biller was. I noticed he was on Medicare/Medicaid panel. Lots of paperwork and some billers are lazy to fill it or maybe it is truly hard. Anyhow, I think there was a real issue with the billing in that group, and they, obliquely, bear some blame for creating the situation. I think it would be interesting to know how it all started. If he under collected, what does the law say about the rest?
Well who knows if that case will be resolved and the truth will come out now. I think the bottom line is that TK, instead of resolving this on how own if he could, chose to litigate this case spending much more money, kind of showing his mindset, that he is right, etc… - IMO.

This is an screenshot from the complaint in the civil suit. I think this helps show the humiliation and ego we know were factors in TKs later anger. The biller caused him financial loss, harm to his client and harm to his reputation. Then his partners protected her. He immediately felt they were out to get him…The paranoia that seemed to escalate for years as this lawsuit drug on and he continued to “lose”, likely enhancing his emotions. JMOIMG_5486.jpeg

I think the Complaint shows that Dr K was the only one having serious issues with Ms. Aud!

Nobody saying her work was perfect but that only Dr K appeared to expect perfection from the biller.

Typical -- it had to be a conspiracy, a vendetta against him. :rolleyes:

Oh my, I just heard one of the plates TK used belonged to a dead person!

A Florida plastic surgeon accused of killing a lawyer and dumping his body in the Everglades had a paralyzing drug, a wagon to transport the corpse and a pickup truck with a special license plate flipping device to avoid detection, according to new court filings from prosecutors.

Oh my, I just heard one of the plates TK used belonged to a dead person!

A Florida plastic surgeon accused of killing a lawyer and dumping his body in the Everglades had a paralyzing drug, a wagon to transport the corpse and a pickup truck with a special license plate flipping device to avoid detection, according to new court filings from prosecutors.
I’m almost scared to ask how something like that would be obtained.

I’m almost scared to ask how something like that would be obtained.
Believe it or not, they are widely available on Amazon. I posted about them back in April when the search warrant was made public.
My assumption is it's a two-part device. The switcher attaches to the back of the car as a license plate holder, while the controller has buttons that allow you to change the plate while driving.

The below photo from an Amazon listing is an example of what I mean.

View attachment 412619

The Tundra had unregistered NJ plates that were either stolen or belonged to the previous owner. TK never registered the truck in Florida, I believe.

I think the Corolla had the switcher because that was TK's regular car and the car he used to transport SC's body to the Everglades. He probably figured that he could evade capture if the license plate cameras along his route didn't recognize his plates.

Edit - Weird, I don't see any on the Amazon site anymore. There were lots of them when I last looked seven months ago. I wonder if there was a crackdown.

I think the Complaint shows that Dr K was the only one having serious issues with Ms. Aud!

Nobody saying her work was perfect but that only Dr K appeared to expect perfection from the biller.

Typical -- it had to be a conspiracy, a vendetta against him. :rolleyes:

Well, the Total Vitality is not a victim. Maybe Ms.A was an innocent person, or maybe she was the partners’ sister-in-law, or most likely, they saved money and hired a very new person. We truly don’t know. It seems that the other doctor took her side. We don’t know why.

Well, the Total Vitality is not a victim. Maybe Ms.A was an innocent person, or maybe she was the partners’ sister-in-law, or most likely, they saved money and hired a very new person. We truly don’t know. It seems that the other doctor took her side. We don’t know why.
IMO, the fact that TK did not prevail in the lawsuit alleging negligence attributed to the biller's performance, regardless of her relationship with the firm, says it all. JMO

Dr K was a plastic surgeon who I perceive to be a perfectionist -- not unusual in this line of work.

He complains that the medical biller at the Laufer Institute that they recommended to him, misrepresented to him that his medical claims had been submitted correctly.

His basis for his complaint about the alleged billing errors are his negative online patient reviews.

He leaves Laufer in 2018 and begins working at Sono Bello.

By 2019, he's suing the former practice and his former co-workers for negligence. The defendants are represented by the victim Steven Cozzi.

Sono Bello ended his employment in August 2020.

March 2023 -- Dr K murders Steven Cozzi.

June 2023 -- TK lost his negligence suit: ...in sum, plaintiff failed to set forth facts specific facts to create a genuine issue of fact and to preclude summary judgement.

I definitely see a pattern here-- typical injustice collector. MOO

3/27/23

Cozzi was reportedly among the Blanchard Law Firm attorneys who had been representing the Laufer Institute for Plastic Surgery, Kosowski's former employer, and co-workers in a negligence lawsuit that has been ongoing since 2019, according to court records cited by the New York Post, Fox 13, and the Tampa Bay Times.

The case stems from allegations that Kosowski's insurance biller "intentionally and repeatedly misrepresented" to the plastic surgeon that medical claims had been submitted correctly, the Tampa Bay Times reports.

Believe it or not, they are widely available on Amazon. I posted about them back in April when the search warrant was made public.

Edit - Weird, I don't see any on the Amazon site anymore. There were lots of them when I last looked seven months ago. I wonder if there was a crackdown.
Lol I meant the dead persons license plate

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber
Back