FL - Three teens dumped and left for dead in Marion County - March 2023

I'm assuming "smoking boxes" means she was smoking weed in the trunk trying to hot box it?
I was just going to ask what “smoking boxes” is. And what is “hot box it”?
Fo that matter, what is a trap house? Please forgive my naivety.

ETA: I looked up trap house. It’s apparently not the second definition.

trap house​

or trap·house​

[ trap-hous ]SHOW IPA

High School Level

noun
Slang. a place where illicit drugs are bought, sold, or used.
a shelter from which the clay pigeons are released in trapshooting.

Last edited:
I was just going to ask what “smoking boxes” is. And what is “hot box it”?
Fo that matter, what is a trap house? Please forgive my naivety.

ETA: I looked up trap house. It’s apparently not the second definition.

trap house​

or trap·house​

[ trap-hous ]SHOW IPA

High School Level

noun
Slang. a place where illicit drugs are bought, sold, or used.
a shelter from which the clay pigeons are released in trapshooting.

worth a little ha! ha!

April 8, 2023
The FBI and the U.S. Marshalls Service are involved in the search of a 16-year-old Florida fugitive who deputies identified as Tahj Brewton.
[...]
Woods said there was a $10,000 reward for information resulting in Tahj’s arrest. He asked anyone with information about his whereabouts to avoid confronting him and call 911, or 352-732-9111, or Marion County Crime Stoppers at 352-368-7867 to remain anonymous.

April 8, 2023
The FBI and the U.S. Marshalls Service are involved in the search of a 16-year-old Florida fugitive who deputies identified as Tahj Brewton.
[...]
Woods said there was a $10,000 reward for information resulting in Tahj’s arrest. He asked anyone with information about his whereabouts to avoid confronting him and call 911, or 352-732-9111, or Marion County Crime Stoppers at 352-368-7867 to remain anonymous.
Someone is harboring him. I suspect another wannabe gang member. When they find him, I hope they take down those that helped him evade arrest. The more of them they get off the streets, the less crime the locals have to deal with. JMO

After learning the stories of Trent Lerhkamp in Brunswick Ga, Paul Murdaugh Hampton Sc, Bowen Turner Orangeburg Sc etc, etc, etc, I really and truly don't believe it takes horrific environments to propagate these kids. The attackers of Trent, convicted rapist Bowen Turner, and even Paul Murdaugh, these are young men who were given EVERY opportunity to succeed, money was no object when it came their futures. NOTHING was in their way on the road to success. But the exact opposite happened. Different soil, different locale, different socioeconomic upbringing. What is the common denominator between all of these young men and the ones in FL? Why do they all seem to hold NO Value for human life? They have beaten, killed, tortured, and raped. All before the age of 20.

Well put. I guess it shouldn’t surprise us that we now have a 16 year old “fugitive” in this story. Somebody who should be celebrating a drivers license has a bounty on them.
As I read the post above I thought of the Spartanburg SC movie theater murders where these 2 seemingly well raised guys who had done well suddenly decide to murder and rob a night away. Older folks like Gary Hilton blow my mind as well as who wakes up at 61 y/o and decides to snatch and kill hikers? I’m 53 and thankful to get to the kitchen in the mornings so chasing young girls around mountains is off my chart.

His words are going to become sound bites. Maybe it will make parents wake up & parent. Maybe not. JMO

He should be concerned about figuring this crime out and save his politics about how bad off the country is currently for FB or something. He sounds like my grandpa when MTV on cable came to town.

Don't blame a small town and "nothing better to do" for their cold blooded, disgusting behavior. They made choices. They'd be worthless thugs in a city, too.
I’m not excusing them, the gravity of what they did is unimaginable to us. But they were living in situations that promoted that behavior.

Yup. Per the affidavits they were all in a robbery ring. I am guessing part of it is unfortunately due to being a small town and not much else to do.

"As of the 2020 census, the population was 1,508"
Did anybody read the Wikipedia page? The town's location and population was a minor part of it. The entry almost entirely pertains to the Barker Gang shootout in 1935, which ended pretty badly for the gang. Notably the town Chamber of Commerce re-enacts this every year (!). I don't know, but growing up somewhere where this is the only thing your town is known for, and it celebrates it, might just alter your sense of law and justice a bit, whether you're a teenager or the sheriff.
---------------
"In 1935, Ocklawaha was the scene of a shootout between federal agents and Barker-Karpis Gang member Fred Barker. The agents fired about 500 bullets into the house, with roughly 250 shots fired in return, according to the after-action report of Special Agent in Charge Earl "E.J." Connelley. The fight ended in the deaths of Fred Barker and his mother Kate "Ma" Barker. Each year, the Ocklawaha Chamber of Commerce puts on a reenactment of the event."

ETA: "Allegedly, many local people came to watch the events unfolding, even holding picnics during the gunfire"
------
ETA I'm sure whoever wrote the wikipedia entry probably could have come up with other more positive things to say about the place, but that's what is there right now.

He should be concerned about figuring this crime out and save his politics about how bad off the country is currently for FB or something. He sounds like my grandpa when MTV on cable came to town.
What does FB stand for all I can think of is facebook but I don't think that is what you meant. TIA
I read the article and didn't see much in the way of his politics (and I previously criticized his press conference) rather he stressed holding kids accountable for their own actions. I am all for that. MOO

What does FB stand for all I can think of is facebook but I don't think that is what you meant. TIA
I read the article and didn't see much in the way of his politics (and I previously criticized his press conference) rather he stressed holding kids accountable for their own actions. I am all for that. MOO

I was referring to Facebook or whatever local SM. The statements seem carefully worded but he drifts into “holding schools accountable”, the gun rant, and “degrading society and family”. It just seems political and has nothing to do with getting to how this particular crime happened.

I was referring to Facebook or whatever local SM. The statements seem carefully worded but he drifts into “holding schools accountable”, the gun rant, and “degrading society and family”. It just seems political and has nothing to do with getting to how this particular crime happened.
I suspect these kids' fates were sealed before they ever set foot in a school.

I'd like to know the victims & murders family/living circumstances. How do kids of this age lose their compassion and respect for human life?
Camille Quarles, one of the victims, lived with her aunt. Layla Silvernail was very much engaged in the community, played softball and was liked by her teammates. By all accounts, Robert Robinson, one of the boys arrested, has a loving mother and is very close with family.

How is this even possible? How can a normal girl like Layla go from playing softball and being involved in normal activities to be involved in this mess? How can they go from 0 to a 100 like that? How can they even manage being both versions of themselves?

Interesting. I didn't perceive his comments that way at all. Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to know the victims & murders family/living circumstances. How do kids of this age lose their compassion and respect for human life?
CQ lived with an aunt, siblings, and cousins per a Go Fund Me set up.
The part about schools being accountable...by all accounts Robinson was at school after the crimes...at the juvenile detention center for fighting at school. I just wonder, with the girls having stayed at another girl's place, had they been to school? I do believe the last week of March was spring break for a lot of Floridians. But if they had been truant for a while, could his rant referred to the truancy not being reported to authorities?

From Orlando's channel 6 news Sheriff Woods released all 3 male suspects names and mugshots.

Meh, decline of values is something that's been echoed since the 50s and I'm still not sure what it means. At some point, these kids decided a burglary gang was the right way to live their lives. Was that because they were bored? IMO, no. Kids repeat what they know. If violence is what they know, they become violent, whether through wanting to mimic the violent actions of another OR (and this is underplayed) due to trauma they've experienced from the violence. The connection with the uptick in violence in schools can't be understated, in my professional experience, and I think that's a lot more to blame than vague decline in values.

MOO.

Meh, decline of values is something that's been echoed since the 50s and I'm still not sure what it means. At some point, these kids decided a burglary gang was the right way to live their lives. Was that because they were bored? IMO, no. Kids repeat what they know. If violence is what they know, they become violent, whether through wanting to mimic the violent actions of another OR (and this is underplayed) due to ttrauma they've experienced from the violence. The connection with the uptick in violence in schools can't be understated, in my professional experience, and I think that's a lot more to blame than vague decline in values.

MOO.

This man is barking about a “root cause” and bragging about not being “politically correct” when the question I think the families would be worried with is the actual CAUSE. Who pulled triggers and why. The rest of it just seems like bravado to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back