FL FL - Zachary Michael-Cole Bernhardt, 8, Clearwater, 11 Sept 2000

IDK anything about this news channel so I hope it's okay to post this. I saw this yesterday and thought it was interesting.
I have little doubt that mom is responsible for his disappearance --- I already posted what I think
About this case . Very sad

Just saw the Disappeared episode featuring the ZB case. Cases involving missing children are the most difficult to watch; this kid had his whole life ahead of him. And, he's probably deceased at this point.

Not sure what happened here. But, it is obvious that the authorities don't have any enough evidence/leads to charge anyone.

Though it has nothing to do with the case itself, it's an interesting coincidence that ZB's disappearance was exactly a year prior to the horrific 9/11 attacks.

I still think there's hope that we will find out what happened to ZB. Though this is over 22 years old, colder cases like this have solved.

DEC 30, 2022
Zachary Bernhardt
  • Clearwater, Florida
  • Went Missing: Sept. 11, 2000
Zachary Bernhardt went missing in the early morning hours of Sept. 11, 2000, when he was an 8-year-old boy living in Clearwater, Florida. Even as 22 years have gone by, little is known about his disappearance. His mother told police she left their apartment unlocked the night he disappeared. She worked late shifts, and had left to take a walk and swim in the middle of the night. When she returned, her son was gone.

Anyone with information about Zachary Bernhardt’s disappearance should call Clearwater Police detectives at 727-562-4242.

WOFL-Zachary-Bernhardt.jpg

Zachary Bernhardt (Photo via FDLE)
Zachary Bernhardt

• Missing Since: 9/11/2000
  • Missing From: Clearwater
  • Age Missing: 8
  • Age Now: 31
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: White
Zachary was last known to be sleeping in his bed the night of Sept. 10, 2000. Around 4 a.m. the next day, he was discovered missing under suspicious circumstances.

He has a scar under his chin, a scar between his eyes on the bridge of his nose, and on the right side of his upper lip.

He goes by the nickname Zach.

WOFL-Zachary-Bernhardt.jpg

Zachary Bernhardt (Photo via FDLE)
Zachary Bernhardt

• Missing Since: 9/11/2000
  • Missing From: Clearwater
  • Age Missing: 8
  • Age Now: 31
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: White
Zachary was last known to be sleeping in his bed the night of Sept. 10, 2000. Around 4 a.m. the next day, he was discovered missing under suspicious circumstances.

He has a scar under his chin, a scar between his eyes on the bridge of his nose, and on the right side of his upper lip.

He goes by the nickname Zach.
Dont even get me started on this case. In my heart I know mom did something really bad to Zach and he is gone and she got away with it. It makes me sick. Her story about what happened isn't even good fiction

"He still could be out there and show up tomorrow. But if he shows up tomorrow, that could also be good or bad. We have to be prepared for both," his aunt Billie-Jo Jimenez said in an earlier interview.

"We don’t consider any of our cases as cold, we consider them as unsolved. Many times, cases such as this get a fresh set of eyes with a new detective to look at them," Clearwater police have said. "We urge anyone with information that could help detectives solve this case to contact the Clearwater Police Department. We will never stop looking for clues as to what happened to Zachary."

"He still could be out there and show up tomorrow. But if he shows up tomorrow, that could also be good or bad. We have to be prepared for both," his aunt Billie-Jo Jimenez said in an earlier interview.

"We don’t consider any of our cases as cold, we consider them as unsolved. Many times, cases such as this get a fresh set of eyes with a new detective to look at them," Clearwater police have said. "We urge anyone with information that could help detectives solve this case to contact the Clearwater Police Department. We will never stop looking for clues as to what happened to Zachary."
How can I say this gently: He ain't gonna show up cause his momma did away with him: This case makes me so sad-- Her story was as full of holes as swiss cheese- and worse, she didn't care much after he went "missing', left the area, and started a new life without her "beloved" son. Now get me the barf bucket.
JMO

Oh wait a minute- I went back and read part of that article: the family says "mom did chores and went for a walk and when she came back he was gone'-- I am sure you remember what loving mom said at that time: I recall it clearly because it was such BS- she said she went for a swim with all of her clothes on at 4 am- she left son sleeping in her bed. When she came back she took a shower and then she went into her bedroom and saw son was gone.---- Story seems to have changed over the years.

Oh wait a minute- I went back and read part of that article: the family says "mom did chores and went for a walk and when she came back he was gone'-- I am sure you remember what loving mom said at that time: I recall it clearly because it was such BS- she said she went for a swim with all of her clothes on at 4 am- she left son sleeping in her bed. When she came back she took a shower and then she went into her bedroom and saw son was gone.---- Story seems to have changed over the years.

Cases like this involving children make me so sad and angry- because they so often go unsolved. I am sure we can both think of several cases like this- child goes missing- cops interrogate parent or parents: parents come up with some great story -- - not enough evidence to make an arrest: years go on, child is never found and there is no justice for what is mostly likely murder of the child. I don't understand why more pressure is not put on the parent or parents--- as in this case for example. Makes my blood boil.

I've always believed that in every lie, there's a little bit of truth.

I wonder if they took all her different lies, tallied all the different details separately, and see what they come up with. There has to be details they haven't released to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back