Flippy Esso: what do we know?

Toth, how are we expected to discuss "Flippy" if we don't know who he is? Is he the guy Colfax wrote about in the two links I posted above? A simple yes or no will do. If you refuse to answer, then what is the point of this thread?

Toth:-
Flippy Esso was a young man. I usually emphasize that he is not a sex offender, he was merely convicted of being a sex offender and the registration is that of a person convicted of the offense, it is not an admission of having committed the offense for which he was covicted. It never is. Registration merely acknowledged the conviction, not the offense.

OK, then what sex offence was he convicted of? Was is an offence against children? Was it for rape? Peeping Tomism? Flashing? Having sex with a not-quite 16 year old?

It would help to know.

Originally posted by Ivy
Toth, how are we expected to discuss "Flippy" if we don't know who he is? Is he the guy Colfax wrote about in the two links I posted above? A simple yes or no will do. If you refuse to answer, then what is the point of this thread?
I am not going to identify him any more specifically than Flippy Esso which is the name I've been using for him for some time. Many serious investigators/posters know his first name, a few seem to also know his last name. No one is posting that information. This is with good reason. If you know and live near Boulder you can get us good information and post it. If you don't know, don't ask. I won't reveal his name. He is "flippy esso"

Originally posted by why_nutt
Lou Smit has not even attempted to build a compelling case against him.
the man must have been cleared, at the very least in Smit's opinion.
I do not know what Lou Smit has attempted to do or whether Lou Smit considers him to be a viable suspect. I do admit that the passage of time does indicate that such an obvious suspect may well have been cleared, but I do not know. I certainly think he is a better suspect than either of the parents ever were. I would hope that in a case like this the notoriety would force the forensic people to be diligent, but I certainly don't trust the BPD or CBI much.

Originally posted by Ivy

Can you at least answer Ivy's question here so that we can move on? Read the posted link and inform us. Thanks.

Ofcourse if they had announced that Flippy Esso, not matching the dna was eliminated, they would also have to announce that Patsy, not matching the dna, was also eliminated.

You people just do not get it, do you? There must be something to tie a suspect to the crime scene. There is more physical evidence tying the Ramseys to the scene than anyone else. The DNA is foreign, and there could be a reasonable explanation as to why it is there- such as a playmate or it's from the panty factory.
However, IF the DNA matches someone like Flippy Exon, he would have to explain how it got there because there is no reason for it to be there.

However, if there is not one shred of evidence- handwriting, DNA, a hair-- nothing-- you cannot consider your Exon Flippy as a suspect just because he is a "registered sex offender." And what was his offense??? Having sex with a 16 year old when he was 18? That would put someone on the list. You need to qualify what was the offense and circumstances. He may like little boys for all we know.

Okay, okay,,,, I finally clicked on that stupid Colfax stuff.
Ofcourse thats just a stupid waste of time and I can't stand reading that nonsense anyway and have no idea why you wanted me to read something about a Gerald Elkins written on some cartoon character's tongue.

Toth, if you had clicked the first link and read what Colfax said about Elkins, you would know that it pretty much fits the info you posted about Flippy.

So Elkins is not Flippy, right?

Originally posted by Sabrina
you cannot consider your Exon Flippy as a suspect just because he is a "registered sex offender."
He was in the home on a prior occasion for an extended period of time, he is said by a co-worker to have had 'issues' with the 'wealthy class' and he is a known sex offender. It is not merely because he is a sex offender, but one who has a prior connection with the scene of the crime and a prior opportunity to know about the house and the occupants. The Ramseys were always generous to the people they employed but it is possible that if this was some 'sub-contractor' that the employee might have atleast felt he had been cheated.

Toth, your evasiveness is beginning to remind me of Lighthouse.

As Ivy said, had you clicked on the first post, you would have read that this guy, along with others, was taken by John R to their house where Patsy served up sandwiches for lunch. He was part of a working crew on AG's roof. Go back and read that first post. Take a deep breath; you can do it. It is not written on anyone's tongue but you do have to endure the French accent.

Originally posted by Ivy
So Elkins is not Flippy, right?
It seems Elkins was some sort of roofer; Flippy Esso painted a basement. I don't think he was a roofer of any sort.

Where can we read more about him so that we might discuss him? No one seems to know anything much about this guy. Where did you get your info?

Ivy, I'm impressed that you could bring up that link to Colfax's ramblings. A laborer at Access could be a possibility--the business was expanding on Pearl Street...and then you have the new location for Pasta Jay's. The Dixieland jazz band would have been noticed...going from Access to the Boulderado. Colfax also brought up someone else that supposedly was in jail with him, that had supposedly done work at the Ramsey house.

None of these are Flippy Esso, if he did painting.

The main thing is that one of his coworkers noticed that he had an electronic device underneath his pantleg and recognized it as an electronic monitoring device worn by parolees and the like.

Originally posted by Britt
:D

All I want to know is why the Ramseys covered for him.
The Ramseys did not know at the time of the electronic device and were only informed of all this later, after the murder and after a coworker of Flippy Esso came forward and said he was talking about The Wealthy Class alot.

Originally posted by Toth
The main thing is that one of his coworkers noticed that he had an electronic device underneath his pantleg and recognized it as an electronic monitoring device worn by parolees and the like.

Source for all this info?

Maikai, I'm not an Intruder theorist by a long shot, but I wonder if the workers Colfax rambled on about were investigated, and if not, why not. Same with Flippy, the painter. Did the Ramseys tell investigators--even their own investigators--about any of these men? If not, why not?

This is OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it. I have been trying to find info about the 1980 Lindsley trial in which Lee Bibb (Bobb?) Lindsley was acquitted of murdering her husband, a prominent Colorado pediatrician. Ms. Lindsley was defended by Haddon partners, Bryan Morgan and Lee Foreman, who presented a very controversial intruder theory. Anyone know where I can find online information about the Lindsley case? It's interesting that the Ramseys selected attorneys who just happened to have successfully won a case based on an intruder theory. (The Lindsley defense argued that there were two intruders.) I'd like to know if how the defense won the case without evidence to support their intruder claim, and if Ms. Lindsley (and LE) searched for the "real" killers after her acquittal.

Originally posted by Toth
The Ramseys did not know at the time of the electronic device and were only informed of all this later, after the murder and after a coworker of Flippy Esso came forward and said he was talking about The Wealthy Class alot.

There is something suspect about this anecdote. The ankle monitor's effectiveness lies in being keyed to the location of the offender's house via a device attached to the offender's phone, with authorities being given notice via the phone line if the offender has wandered beyond a range measured in feet. A person is not supposed to be able to stroll around an area of X square miles while wearing the monitor. The Ramsey house phones were not equipped with the device which monitors the presence of the ankle device and triggers a phone call to police if the signal is lost. So why would a man choose to wear an ankle monitor when he could have run away at any time without police knowing it? And what sort of contractor hires a known convict in the very middle of serving out his sentence?

(Everyone who wants to know who Toth is referring to can read John Ramsey's year 2000 Atlanta transcript, the one currently circulating among forums; D* K* appears near the beginning.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back