Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disparition d'Émile : la mise en situation "va peut-être débloquer certaines choses", confie l'avocate de la famille
(Snip)

"Moreover, the fact that this "reconstitution" takes place at the end of March, while the facts took place at the beginning of the summer, means, according to Me Colombani (parents' lawyer) "perhaps to mean that there is something behind ." In other words, a new element and progress in this investigation?

The investigators must have completed the study on telephony, the lawyer also assumes. In fact, putting everyone back in their geographical location will make it possible to cross-reference things and thus see if it ‘matches’ or not.” Finally. “Émile's grandparents and parents, weakened by the months that pass, are above all very concerned to know what has become of their grandson and their child and what happened to him, specifies the latter. is their primary concern.”

This post references that.

Thank you @Megnut
I remember reading something about him being a strict disiplinarian. JMO

Disparition du petit Emile : après une journée de « mise en situation », le mystère reste entier

Disappearance of little Emile: after a day of “scenario”, the mystery remains unsolved

The mystery of the disappearance of little Emile, two and a half years old, in an Alpine village, in July, remains unsolved this Thursday after a “scenario” which brought together his family, neighbors and witnesses, almost nine months after the start of the investigation.

This simulation, which began around 9 a.m., ended at the end of the afternoon without communication at this stage on its possible results.

In total, 17 people were summoned by the courts to reconstruct the moment when the boy was last seen in the hamlet of Haut-Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) on July 8. To ensure that this new act of investigation takes place peacefully, access to the hamlet had been blocked since 8 a.m. Wednesday and will remain so until 8 a.m. Friday. Haut-Vernet, located between Digne-les-Bains and Gap, was also completely prohibited from flying on Thursday, with drones mobilized to secure the site.

“The objective of the scenario is to retrace chronologically the evening of July 8 and to be able to confirm or deny the elements” collected by the investigators, explained Pierre Coursières, second in command of the gendarmerie group of Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, specifying that “around a hundred gendarmes” were mobilized “in the area”.

They are gonna catch somebody not remembering their truth. . . .

I believe one of those 17 people knows what happened.
Yeah, absolutely sounds like they’re checking the validity of witness statements here.
The section “retrace chronologically the evening of July 8 and to be able to confirm or deny the elements”, reads like they are running through a list of events they have been told took place on that evening - and finding out exactly what was possible. Not sure if they have a specific target among the 17, but you’d imagine those 17 are central to the current line of investigation.

https://www.tdg.ch/france-le-corps-du-petit-emile-a-ete-retrouve-373928349284so they have found bones and identified them as little Emile's

Disparition en France – Le corps du petit Emile, disparu en juillet 2023, a été retrouvé

Translated:

Bones matching those of the 2 1/2-year-old child were found on Saturday near the site of her disappearance, the Aix-en-Provence public prosecutor's office announced on Sunday.

Hopefully more info and details will follow. I still wonder if they was just a sad case of him wondering away and getting hurt

The mystery had lasted since July 2023. The Aix-en-Provence prosecutor announced Sunday in a press release that bones corresponding to the body of Emile Soleil, aged 2 and a half years and missing for 8 months, had been found on Saturday , reports the French daily “Le Monde”

Les ossements du petit Emile, disparu en juillet 2023, retrouvés à proximité du hameau du Haut-Vernet
“On March 30, 2024, the national gendarmerie was informed of the discovery of bones near the hamlet Vernet,” he explains. The investigators took possession of the bones, immediately transported to the IRCGN [Criminal Research Institute of the National Gendarmerie] in order to carry out genetic identification analyses, which made it possible to conclude on March 31 that these were the bones of the child Emile Soleil. »

prosecutor announces that "the IRCGN is continuing criminalistic analyzes of the bones" , while the national gendarmerie will "deploy means to undertake additional research in the geographical area where they were found"

https://www.tdg.ch/france-le-corps-du-petit-emile-a-ete-retrouve-373928349284so they have found bones and identified them as little Emile's

Disparition en France – Le corps du petit Emile, disparu en juillet 2023, a été retrouvé

Translated:

Bones matching those of the 2 1/2-year-old child were found on Saturday near the site of her disappearance, the Aix-en-Provence public prosecutor's office announced on Sunday.

Hopefully more info and details will follow. I still wonder if they was just a sad case of him wondering away and getting hurt

How desperately sad, although at least there is an ending for family.

Disparition du petit Emile : après une journée de « mise en situation », le mystère reste entier

Disappearance of little Emile: after a day of “scenario”, the mystery remains unsolved

The mystery of the disappearance of little Emile, two and a half years old, in an Alpine village, in July, remains unsolved this Thursday after a “scenario” which brought together his family, neighbors and witnesses, almost nine months after the start of the investigation.

This simulation, which began around 9 a.m., ended at the end of the afternoon without communication at this stage on its possible results.

In total, 17 people were summoned by the courts to reconstruct the moment when the boy was last seen in the hamlet of Haut-Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) on July 8. To ensure that this new act of investigation takes place peacefully, access to the hamlet had been blocked since 8 a.m. Wednesday and will remain so until 8 a.m. Friday. Haut-Vernet, located between Digne-les-Bains and Gap, was also completely prohibited from flying on Thursday, with drones mobilized to secure the site.

“The objective of the scenario is to retrace chronologically the evening of July 8 and to be able to confirm or deny the elements” collected by the investigators, explained Pierre Coursières, second in command of the gendarmerie group of Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, specifying that “around a hundred gendarmes” were mobilized “in the area”.
I wonder if finding his bones is connected to this reconstruction.

I wonder if finding his bones is connected to this reconstruction.
I was wondering too. The reconstruction may have jogged a memory or as someone noted above, highlighted a discrepancy. It seems too coincidental to not be related, IMO.

Hopefully, if there was any trauma or injury, they will be able to determine that from his remains. :( RIP, little Émile.

Respect to the French police, they put everything into this case, they found him.
I wonder whether his remains were concealed or open?
They're investigating the site forensically so the answer to that question may take awhile..

That the reconstruction would take place on a certain date, was known to the public and the 17 people also in advance, IMO. Did someone bring the bones "back" from where-ever? We don't know yet, whether they lay there, as if a child died at the scene or as if the bones were carried from point A to point B to a later time. Though, there is someone in the picture, who would be knowledgable about skeletons and could have arranged it in a medically perfect way.
Idk, what I should think about it. Reconstruction and immediate finding, seems to be mysterious a bit. MOO

From the link above, “a walker alerted police during a hike”.

Could simply be that Emile wandered off, though you’d think with the scale of the searches that took place, any areas the boy could have wandered would have been scoured previously.

Also, being that the village is quite isolated, would a hiker be more likely to be someone from the area? Or maybe a vacationer, in which case they may have been hiking more ‘off the beaten path’ so to speak, could explain why Emile wasn’t found earlier.
Tragic news.

A statement released by public prosecutors in Aix-en-Provence on Sunday said 'genetic analysis identifies' the bones as belonging to Èmile.

It added that 'criminalistic analysis' was also underway, and that gendarmes were carrying out 'additional research' in the area where they were found.

The search site is two miles as the crow flies from the house in Haut-Vernet, a hamlet south of Grenoble, where Émile was last seen with his grandfather, Philippe Vedovini, 58.

I’m sorry you didn’t get to grow up, Émile.
Rest in peace.

Perhaps Émile got further than they thought. I’m not surprised when they don’t find unresponsive or deceased humans in vast outdoor areas. It’s very difficult, especially when the person is small.

Staying tuned for further analysis. I suspect misadventure.

Condolences to the family, the village, LE and the persons who discovered him. The silver lining is that at least he was brought home.

From the link above, “a walker alerted police during a hike”.

Could simply be that Emile wandered off, though you’d think with the scale of the searches that took place, any areas the boy could have wandered would have been scoured previously.

Also, being that the village is quite isolated, would a hiker be more likely to be someone from the area? Or maybe a vacationer, in which case they may have been hiking more ‘off the beaten path’ so to speak, could explain why Emile wasn’t found earlier.
Tragic news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member