Fred Meyers Store - June 4, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duplicating this post from the 90 minute thread, in case those here know the answers?

Question 1:

Has anyone done a map with a maximum radius for the last known location/time for TH (2nd Fred Meyers Store @ 10:10 am), and the Gym Location at 11:30 is (sorry, don't know exact time)? There is a maximum driving radius here, in order to allow her to get from 2ndFM to the Gym. What is the furthest point at an average driving speed, in all directions, that would allow her to go to that point (and anything in between), and make it to the gym for known time?

Check the reference thread, that is where we have discussed this. There is also a list of all maps in this case.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5526425#post5526425"]Please help me get a timeline map together - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Question 2:

Is the Albertson's store the same as the Fred Meyers? There is reference to a "grocery store" (NOT plural) in the KH/DY 25 minute audio interview.

Are there 2 FM visits PLUS an Albertson store visit?

I would ask this on the ask a question thread.

Question 3 (Note: gruesome consideration)

Is < 90 minutes enough time to dig a hole in the ground large enough to sustain a body?

The hole could have been dug beforehand.

I was there around 12:30 too. I think it would be hilarious if we all ran into each other while taking pictures!

And then report back, "I saw a suspicious person lurking in the area, taking pictures. Wonder if they might be involved..."

Duplicating this post from the 90 minute thread, in case those here know the answers?

Question 1:

Has anyone done a map with a maximum radius for the last known location/time for TH (2nd Fred Meyers Store @ 10:10 am), and the Gym Location at 11:30 is (sorry, don't know exact time)? There is a maximum driving radius here, in order to allow her to get from 2ndFM to the Gym. What is the furthest point at an average driving speed, in all directions, that would allow her to go to that point (and anything in between), and make it to the gym for known time?

Question 2:

Is the Albertson's store the same as the Fred Meyers? There is reference to a "grocery store" (NOT plural) in the KH/DY 25 minute audio interview.

Is < 90 minutes enough time to dig a hole in the ground large enough to sustain a body?

1) Freefallzzz was working on some driving times....not sure what stage she is at??

2) Albertson's is not the same as FM. Albertson's came up as a result of the article where LE was asking for video tape surveillance early in the case for the Albertson's on Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. Many of us locals thought that was an out of the way location for TH. I have not heard anything further about Albertsons so I'm wondering if it was a false lead???

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98150609.html

3) I have no idea but the ground was very soft after a particularily wet Spring...even for the PNW.

Google maps show a Starbucks at the Albertson's location. Maybe that's why LE requested videos from Albertson's.

I don't know if it has been discussed before, because I wasn't clear on it until now, but apparently AL saw TH at the second Fred Meyer store. So she would have already made her first stop (at the Hillsboro store). I wonder whether she mentioned to AL that she had had to go to more than one store. I don't recall AL saying anything about that, but it seems to me to be the kind of thing someone would mention. "I had to leave the science fair to get medicine for baby K, but they didn't have it at the first store, so I had to come to this one..." JMO

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20013828-504083.html
Andrea Leckey ran into his stepmother, Terri Horman, at a Fred Meyer Department store in Beaverton, west of Portland.

Concerning the AL account. I just watched JVM (not exactly 100% reliable) and they discussed this encounter. They did show the picture of Kyron in front of the project when referring to the picture she was shown.

If, indeed, this was the picture she was shown, how did Terri have time to print out a copy of it if it was taken just that morning at the science fair?

I've been following your excellent postings here from the beginning. I't my first post on the topic. Thank you for all your great sleuthing!

Concerning the AL account. I just watched JVM (not exactly 100% reliable) and they discussed this encounter. They did show the picture of Kyron in front of the project when referring to the picture she was shown.

If, indeed, this was the picture she was shown, how did Terri have time to print out a copy of it if it was taken just that morning at the science fair?

I've been following your excellent postings here from the beginning. I't my first post on the topic. Thank you for all your great sleuthing!

I assumed it was a digital photo and she showed it to her on the camera. (Especially since she uploaded the photo onto FB when she got home in the afternoon.)

Yeah I think it said she showed it on her cell phone.

Question 1:

Question 2:

I have no idea if 90 mins is enough time to dig a hole, but if it was preplanned (which I believe it most certainly was, ) a hole was likely already prepared if this is what she did with him (Praying this was not the case). Also I have an additional question to ask regarding this aspect- aren't there certain chemicals/agents you can get if you are in the gardening/farming/landscaping biz that help a dead body decompose faster? DeDe surely could have had access to such a thing!

And she clearly had the baby with her.

"The only thing that I think was significant about that time is that she showed me a picture of Kyron next to his project," said Leckey according to CBS affiliate KOIN. "I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

And she clearly had the baby with her.

"The only thing that I think was significant about that time is that she showed me a picture of Kyron next to his project," said Leckey according to CBS affiliate KOIN. "I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

I just cannot get to a place where someone giddily shows a passing acquaintance a picture of her stepson, mere moments after she's supposed to have disappeared him.

I can, however, see how Terri would reach out to people she knew (even passing acquaintances) to show off a picture of her stepson if she'd done nothing wrong.

I just cannot get to a place where someone giddily shows a passing acquaintance a picture of her stepson, mere moments after she's supposed to have disappeared him.

I can, however, see how Terri would reach out to people she knew (even passing acquaintances) to show off a picture of her stepson if she'd done nothing wrong.

Unfortunately, I can...
Strange she was so proud of that picture and so eager to show it off yet she never even had a picture of him posted on her fb page from his own birthday party...JMO

Normally, I would agree with you; however, it was stated by AL (someone she normally did not chit-chat with) that she had a "sick child in her arms" and TH said herself she was buying baby K some medicine. How cumbersome would it be to hold your sick baby in your arms, fish out your camera from your purse, scroll through the pictures and sit and make small talk - again, knowing your baby doesn't feel good?

I know, everyone is different. But that scenario just seems a little "out there" to me.

I find it hard to relate to the whole photo incident because I've never shown any photos to casual acquaintances I've seen at the store for any reason whatsoever and nobody has ever shown me any of their photos when I've been shopping either. It doesn't make sense to me to think about showing some photos if you have a sick child in your arms and it's not even anybody you know well and who might possibly be interested in seeing the photo.

The innocent Terri scenario:
-she was really proud of Kyron or the project and thought everybody must be as excited about it as she is, even acquaintances she's never really talked to much

The guilty Terri scenario:
-she wanted AL to remember seeing her because it was helpful for her alibi and if she could create the impression of a stepmom who is incredibly proud of Kyron all the better

I find it hard to relate to the whole photo incident because I've never shown any photos to casual acquaintances I've seen at the store for any reason whatsoever and nobody has ever shown me any of their photos when I've been shopping either. It doesn't make sense to me to think about showing some photos if you have a sick child in your arms and it's not even anybody you know well and who might possibly be interested in seeing the photo.

The innocent Terri scenario:
-she was really proud of Kyron or the project and thought everybody must be as excited about it as she is, even acquaintances she's never really talked to much

The guilty Terri scenario:
-she wanted AL to remember seeing her because it was helpful for her alibi and if she could create the impression of a stepmom who is incredibly proud of Kyron all the better

BBM.IMHO.. Thats the one..JMO

Today, The Oregonian, commenting on KOIN's interview with Andrea Leckey, quotes Leckey as saying:

"I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

The quote is from the text that was with the video of the interview when it was first posted. The text was then edited to remove "in her arms." So ... either the text was wrong, or someone asked KOIN to remove the phrase "in her arms."

www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwes...ounter_with_kyron_hormans_stepmother_odd.html

This should probably go in the Fred Meyer thread . . . .

Today, The Oregonian, commenting on KOIN's interview with Andrea Leckey, quotes Leckey as saying:

"I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

The quote is from the text that was with the video of the interview when it was first posted. The text was then edited to remove "in her arms." So ... either the text was wrong, or someone asked KOIN to remove the phrase "in her arms."

www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwes...ounter_with_kyron_hormans_stepmother_odd.html

This should probably go in the Fred Meyer thread . . . .

I read this today and took it to be fact.

The acquaintance she spoke to sure thought it was out of character for Terri to show her Kyron's picture and to make a point of stopping to chat. It would also be a pretty strange coincidence for Terri act out of character about her stepson on the exact morning he disappeared.

This is reinforced from reading Terri's email when discussing Kyron after he vanished - she didn't sound like a particularly loving step mother, during a time when one might have expected her to be very worried about him.

I'm obsessing again over Kyron. The Fred Myers visits that day by Terri has me bothered again. Andrea Leckey is the woman who saw Terri on June 4th that morning at the second FM store. She gives a time of between 9:30 and 10 am. Police released photos of the truck Terri was driving that morning and asks the public whether anyone saw her truck in the parking lot of that FW on Walker Rd at 10 am. Why not ask for the same time that Andrea specified, the range of one half an hour from 9:30 to 10 am?

Also, IF Terri bought a coffee at the 1st Fred Meyers at 9:12 am (not sure if she bought a coffee but she bought something) did she bring this coffee to the second FM? Did Andrea see her with a coffee? Doubtful since Andrea claims Baby K was sick and in her mother's arms. I doubt she would shuffle around looking for a camera or phone with her kid and a coffee. It's possible she left her coffee in the truck, but 30 min. is a long time to leave a coffee if you are like me( I know I need my morning coffee and second cup, etc.) I say 30 min. because according to google maps, it only takes 9 mins or so get from one FM to the other. Anyway, not likely important.

Where was Andrea approached by Terri? Was it in the parking lot? In the store itself? In the entrance? On the way in or out? Did Terri already have her purchases done? Was Andrea on her way out of the store? It could be that Terri was stalling Andrea to keep her inside of the store and away from the parking lot She could have just started talking about anything off of the top of her head and she chose to talk about Kyron and hey why not show the photo too? Taking more time.

I haven't read anything about where the chance encounter took place other than it was at the Walker St. FM.

Did Terri ask a pharmacist at the first FM for child meds? It takes about 12 minutes to drive from Skyline School to the Imbrie FM if she drove south on Cornelius Pass. How long did she spend in the store? She couldn't have spent more than a few minutes at most at that store, if she left right after the 9:12 am purchase.

If something happened to Kyron at this point (Imbrie FM), why would she drive to the 2nd FM right away? Did she buy something just to place her way from the school? Did she make a mistake and mean to go to the Walker St. FM?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp69S0kgiWU"]Interview with Andrea Leckey after her testimony in the Kyron Horman Case - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100455014.html?tab=gallery#img4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member