Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

SICK, just realized it was the pregnant girl, saw that earlier, didn't realize another craigslist tragedy, good grief, I don't hear about these things on robinsyardsales.com or RFCU or other advertisements, if so, not like craigslist, I was going to ask, what is it about craigslist, but I guess it's very impersonal as oppposed to local ads

In addition to robbing people, it looks like some wackos are using craigslist to get people to come into their home then attack them for no reason at all. This is one of the sickest ones I've seen yet.

:bump: Bumping for Bud and June. Prayers that Justice Will Be Served!

The last note I have written down is court date on April 9, 2015, then June 25, 2015. Does anyone know if these are the correct dates or not? Thanks in advance.

The last note I have written down is court date on April 9, 2015, then June 25, 2015. Does anyone know if these are the correct dates or not? Thanks in advance.

That is correct, NWLady. From the article below:

Towns is set to be in court April 9 for a judge to consider whether to set a bond in the case. Hogue filed a motion requesting the hearing last week.

His arraignment is set for June 25.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/03/16/364...ndicted-in-craigslist.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Prosecutor: Alleged Craigslist killer tried to prey on others

EASTMAN -- A Middle Georgia man charged with killing a retired Marietta couple earlier this year in an apparent ruse involving the online marketplace Craigslist was denied bond Friday.

The ruling in Dodge County Superior Court was not necessarily unexpected in a case that -- due in large part to its connection to the popular Internet site -- has made headlines around the globe. ...

more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/04/10/3687616/prosecutors-towns-may-have-tried.html

From the article:

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing this... it's over for him.

Beyond the headline, the article didn't say much about that aspect when it was first posted and I linked it -- but it has since been updated with more information (such as the nuggest you quoted, McMunn), so those of you who read it early on may want to go back and look at the update (same link). Still a little vague, not a lot of detail -- but more is said.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing this... it's over for him.

BBM. Me too. :( I really thought this might be a case where the suspect was innocent...or at least not as guilty as we thought. I wonder if any of those other people he was talking to have figured out it was him and realize how lucky they are.

BBM. Me too. :( I really thought this might be a case where the suspect was innocent...or at least not as guilty as we thought. I wonder if any of those other people he was talking to have figured out it was him and realize how lucky they are.
can you even imagine being in their shoes.........oh my goodness............

can you even imagine being in their shoes.........oh my goodness............

I know! I was just discussing this very thing with my daughter last night.

I see you guys were already on this, of course you were.

This is no surprise...didn't we find other ads we thought might be his?!

Wow, omg I need to take a breather--will come back later to summarize article, unless someone else wants to!

THIS IS STILL SMILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Photo from yesterday!!! :stormingmad:

3S7VB.AuSt.71.jpg

Thinking he was guilty, but like the defense atty, all the posts from family and people in the area, (or lack thereof) sends a LITTLE DOUBT, but in the back of your mind you still think he is guilty, apparently people have come forward to recount and had RT cell #

Bet they are all absolutely stunned, I can't imagine the family of this kid, so strong in their support of him must be totally in denial or stunned about now

Still innocent until proven guilty, but looks like the odds are against him, and YAY for that, if he's guilty

Any updates? I've been following the family page on FB and they still seem confident he'll be home soon. Heartbreaking case all around. :-(

Looks as though Towns played a twisted version of "The Price is Right" until he got the price down into the range where somebody would drive all the way to his hovel with cash in hand. He lured them in with a deal that was just too good to be true.

Anybody he talked to could have been his victim. The Runion's were the ones that ultimately showed up.

Read the comment left under this article by a J Howard, I tend to agree with him.

http://www.macon.com/2015/04/10/3687616/prosecutors-towns-may-have-tried.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back