GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Matt Doering was willing to stand out there and answer questions for as long as the press wanted him to. "I'm flexible" he said. "What do ya'll want to do?" after speaking for twenty minutes in the hot sun with a hot photographer's lamp aimed at him. That's the first time I've ever seen the media call the end of a press conference.

There has been mention and I'm only relating the rumor mill I've heard from others here...

There may be a Chrissy or Christy that LE are talking with about this case.

The other rumor is that there are persons in McIntosh County (Darien, GA) that may have information or involvement in the case. (After watching the briefing at 3pm today, Doering mentioned a search area 15 miles from the scene, McIntosh isn't very far from the entrance from New Hope, maybe a 10 to 15 minute ride, if that).

On a different note... I do wish they would get the name of our Coroner correct. Jimmy Durden and not all these other variations of his name. He is a truly wonderful man and a good friend.

Did I hear correctly that search would take two weeks? What are they looking for?
I think they're looking for the body of the suspect/accomplice that did commit suicide. GH probably has knowledge of this and that's how he's cooperating.

Bryant, 51, said Guy Heinze Sr. was one of nine siblings born in the Chicago area. He said they were all given up for adoption and several lived troubled lives that included drug abuse. Bryant said Guy Heinze Sr.'s wife died a few years ago in Georgia of a drug overdose

Doering said at least a 10th person is involved "who may or may not have killed themselves" and that investigators are "comfortable" that none of those found inside the trailer were involved in the attack. He declined to elaborate, other than to say the victims all lived there.

"We're not looking for a suspect." But he also said, "There is someone, at least one individual, maybe more, we'd like to know more about that wasn't at the crime scene."

Sources told the Times-Union that most of the victims were family members of Russell "Rusty" Toler.
Toler and three of those children are among the dead, while a fourth child is hospitalized in critical condition, said a woman who knows the family and once managed the trailer park. Another gravely wounded victim, said to be a grandchild of Toler's, is also hospitalized, the woman said.
The woman said one of the dead was Toler's daughter Michelle. Glynn County school officials said Michelle Toler, 15, was enrolled in the eighth grade at Needwood Middle School near the trailer park

The woman said the dead include Guy Heinze Sr. and a woman, both of whom she believes were somehow part of Toler's family. A seventh victim was the boyfriend of one of Toler's daughters, according to the woman

The above snips were taken from the following (very informative) link: http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_701391.shtml?v=1435

There is much more at the link

okay... is anyone else confused as to how Russell Toler and Guy Heinze Sr came to be living in the same trailer??? (the sherriff did say that all of the seven lived in the trailer)

More rumor mill -

All were shot in the head.

A 5 year old and a 19 year old were transported to the hospital.

The 5 year old was flown to Savannah.

The 19 year old had Down's Syndrome and was taken to Savannah via squad.

I think they're looking for the body of the suspect/accomplice that did commit suicide. GH probably has knowledge of this and that's how he's cooperating.

Am I missing something, could GH be lying about a suspect that commited suicide, didn't he get arrested for tampering and lying already, I don't think this guy is very reliable I think he IS the perp and is misleading LE, of course I could be missing something, but seems like these poor searchers could be on a wild goose chase.

okay... is anyone else confused as to how Russell Toler and Guy Heinze Sr came to be living in the same trailer??? (the sherriff did say that all of the seven lived in the trailer)

The whole sordid thing has me confused, very tangled webs. Very sad. What were these poor victims into that led to this tragic end.

Awww. So heartbreaking to hear about the children. :( Who would do this and leave those poor kids with no one and those unfathomable memories?! GRRRR!

"Be aware. Be alert. Don't think it's okay, because it ain't," said Glynn County Police Chief Matthew Doering. In a 3 p.m. news conference, Doering took the time to urge citizens to be cautious and remain on alert as there are no known suspects. He asked that anyone that see's anything suspicious come forward.

This is a highly unusual event," said Doering "this is the first time we have had this many victims in one event." He went on to say that protecting key information from the suspect is vital to his/her capture.

"We want to be sure we do it right the first time. We only have one chance."

Families of the two critical patients have been able to visit them. They are not responsive enough to give investigators details.

Volunteers searched an area 15 miles away from the crime scene but the location was unknown.
Today investigators completed their second evidence collection this morning. Police expect to yet another late night searching for more clues. "Progress has been made," said Doering.

Neighbors in the park have been very cooperative, police said. Officials have used nearby surveillance cameras to confirm some of their accounts. There are no cameras in the New Hope park.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=144163&catid=17

Just heard on local Atlanta news (11Alive News) that an 8th person has died. Sorry - no specific link as yet, but as soon as I find it online, I'll post it.

The report of an 8th victim dying was just repeated on 11AliveNews (Atlanta) as well as a report of an upcoming update at 9 P.M. Does anyone local have more on this - or have a link for the presser? I'm still looking for a link about an 8th death. Tnx.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back