GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO Binding a victim's feet together would have hindered the crime of rape. So I'm wondering if he used those to keep her feet together during disposal, making it easier to manage the body in a bundle.

(I deliberately tried to make the above speculation as nonspecific to Jorelys as possible).

I wondered about that as well Kat. I can't remember just now, but has it been defined as rape specifically or have the GBI been more vague as in sexual assault?

I can think of ways that vaginal rape can be committed with the ankles bound but you are right, that would indeed make it more difficult. Wondering if she was sexually assaulted some other way than rape.

hmmm, off to do some back reading and get the brain juice flowing for the day.

ETA am re-reading old articles and the word rape is thrown out there alot. can anyone direct me to the presser given by the GBI guy regarding the arrest?

can I ask, who is SP? was that supposed to be SB? Sorry I have gone back to the old thread and read from where I left off last night and read these few pages, but I can't for the life of me figure out who SP is. TIA.

SP is the same guy as SB. For some reason, on his facebook page he goes by SP. The P looks like possibly a middle name.

Think I read the Brunns moved to Dahlonega in 2009 (please correct me if this date is wrong). I want information on RB and family when they lived in Brooklyn, NY. Also, think I read where RB lived with his father in Virginia for a period of time.

Maybe he has not been charged by LE for past crimes, but I cannot imagine the severity of this crime just came out of the blue. I think there is history behind this.

I wondered and posted to the fact.

Why did it take them so long to find the apartment? I even commented on the fact that maybe if RB was helping in the search he could have directed or kept them away from that particular apartment. I think that is why he helped to make sure they didn't find it. jmo

tlcox: believe it or not, it was my 9 year old that was doing the comforting! My 11 year old is much more reserved. My little one has always been the "heart" in our family, always caring for friends, animals, anyone that looks sad..she was born that way! A little nurturer. It is amazing how kids born to the same parents and raised in the same home can have such different natural personalities.

*GRAPHIC*
Re. "rape", (not speaking of this case but in sex crimes in general) I have seen this word used to describe many sex crimes that are not necessairly *GRAPHIC* male sex organ to female sex organ penetration. I have seen the word "rape" used with the words "orally" "by an object" etc. It could refer to any unconsentual sexual act, theoretically.

He had to know they would find that apartment. He had to know that the compacting dumpster would be searched. I thank the GBI for really being onto him from the start. They gave him no chance to run or did he want to linger for the thrill too?

What he did to little Jorelys was so much overkill & so horrendous, it's hard to read let alone knowing it really did happen. We only know part of it too. That rage had to come from somewhere, what provoked it? I'm pretty sure we are going to have to wait on what his juvie record might contain.

Just sick. He appears competent enough to stand trial and on this one, although the death penalty seems to be the harshest punishment, I'd rather him suffer in prison till he dies.

If he is part human, he would save the family by confessing to what he has done. Hopefully, after his lawyers talk to him more and find out how much evidence the prosecution has, they might change that "not guilty" plea they say he will give & do the right thing.

Think I read the Brunns moved to Dahlonega in 2009 (please correct me if this date is wrong). I want information on RB and family when they lived in Brooklyn, NY. Also, think I read where RB lived with his father in Virginia for a period of time.

Maybe he has not been charged by LE for past crimes, but I cannot imagine the severity of this crime just came out of the blue. I think there is history behind this.

I've been able to find that mom lived in these cities in NY:
Oakland Gardens, NY
Long Beach, NY
Levittown, NY
Whitestone, NY
Glendale, NY

FYI: This information is only being posted because RB could have possibly lived in one of these cities in NY.

For instance, the log says that on Dec. 3, the day after Jorelys vanished, police searched the River Ridge complex, building by building. That afternoon, it says, officers were specifically “checking all vacant apts at river ridge.”

About 10 percent of the 356 units are vacant, according to the property manager.

According to state investigators, there was no mistaking that something ghastly had happened in one particular unit; there was blood everywhere — on the walls as well as the floor.

Yet, police did not find that scene, which was determined Monday to be the place where Jorelys had been beaten and stabbed.

http://www.ajc.com/news/a-vigil-and-lingering-1255879.html

BBM This disturbs me. Wonder who specifically gave Canton PD the list of which apartments were vacant? Wonder if Canton police missed that one through incompetence, which has been suggested and alluded to or because they were not aware of that specific apartment being vacant.

Wheels are spinning here, see the smoke coming out of my ears? This whole thing right here really troubles me.

For instance, the log says that on Dec. 3, the day after Jorelys vanished, police searched the River Ridge complex, building by building. That afternoon, it says, officers were specifically “checking all vacant apts at river ridge.”

About 10 percent of the 356 units are vacant, according to the property manager.

According to state investigators, there was no mistaking that something ghastly had happened in one particular unit; there was blood everywhere — on the walls as well as the floor.

Yet, police did not find that scene, which was determined Monday to be the place where Jorelys had been beaten and stabbed.

BBM This disturbs me. Wonder who specifically gave Canton PD the list of which apartments were vacant? Wonder if Canton police missed that one through incompetence, which has been suggested and alluded to or because they were not aware of that specific apartment being vacant.

Wheels are spinning here, see the smoke coming out of my ears? This whole thing right here really troubles me.

This troubles me greatly...and a host of others in Canton.

Not that it matters much now, but somewhere (thread #2?) I saw that a neighbor reported an unattended vehicle running for about an hour or more Friday evening.
I thought it also stated it was a Honda (Accord?) … or are the posts running together in my head?
I think the initial dogs were K-9s and not SAR, etc.
A transport from the apartment to the dumpster via vehicle might throw off a K-9. -moo

Does anyone have the link to the map that one of our members was creating showing the different complexes and where the dumpster was located, the apartment, Jorelys' building, the playground etc?

I saw one posted several days back but the name of the poster escapes me.

Bringing forward some maps from thread #2

Attachments

• arial of River Ridge Complex Jorelys.png
    arial of River Ridge Complex Jorelys.png
    464.7 KB · Views: 15
  • site map and apartment layouts Jorelys.jpg
    site map and apartment layouts Jorelys.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 19
Not that it matters much now, but somewhere (thread #2?) I saw that a neighbor reported an unattended vehicle running for about an hour or more Friday evening.
I thought it also stated it was a Honda (Accord?) … or are the posts running together in my head?
I think the initial dogs were K-9s and not SAR, etc.
A transport from the apartment to the dumpster via vehicle might throw off a K-9. -moo

bbm

I've looked for that and only found it on a site I'd have to join. Here is what was said as it appears the original story has been updated.

"It's very, very disturbing," McFarland said.

McFarland told police he saw a white Honda running near the playground Friday evening for about an hour, but no one was inside. He isn't sure if the vehicle is a clue, but wanted to make sure he informed police, he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/mom-wants-death-penalty-1253596.html?printArticle=y

Somewhere in the fb comments that Belimom copied, posted on cranky's photobucket site, there was a comment about his vehicle and I thought it was described also as a honda but brown. Of course at the time I was speed reading and went back as far as I could before RB's fb was deleted. Also, I read other fb's that day so it could have been on one of the other fb's. FWIW

I remember the Honda comment on the FB page as well, I am pretty sure it is among Amandareckonwith's archived screen caps.

I recall the vehicle being described as belonging to the female friend that RB was chatting with about his move. She jokingly mentioned a honda civic I think and said she would have to drive to Canton to kick his behind.

MOO the Honda referenced in the FB exchange is not related to Jorelys' case.

Now I am off to see if I am remembering correctly.

ETA the honda discussed on FB exchange belonged to the female friend with initials CJM and is an Accord. http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...action=view&current=100611facebook-newJob.jpg

bbm

I've looked for that and only found it on a site I'd have to join. Here is what was said as it appears the original story has been updated.

"It's very, very disturbing," McFarland said.

McFarland told police he saw a white Honda running near the playground Friday evening for about an hour, but no one was inside. He isn't sure if the vehicle is a clue, but wanted to make sure he informed police, he said.

http://www.ajc.com/news/cherokee/mom-wants-death-penalty-1253596.html?printArticle=y

Somewhere in the fb comments that Belimom copied, posted on cranky's photobucket site, there was a comment about his vehicle and I thought it was described also as a honda but brown. Of course at the time I was speed reading and went back as far as I could before RB's fb was deleted. Also, I read other fb's that day so it could have been on one of the other fb's. FWIW

I saw this and it said the vehicle was a brown honda.

I wondered and posted to the fact.

Why did it take them so long to find the apartment? I even commented on the fact that maybe if RB was helping in the search he could have directed or kept them away from that particular apartment. I think that is why he helped to make sure they didn't find it. jmo

Is it possible that he told LE he had checked the apartments? And then, once suspicion landed on him, they realized that they needed to double check. Once they found the "obvious" crime scene that he said he had already checked, well, that is pretty damning evidence against him all by itself.

But initially, I wouldn't blame LE for having the staff of the complex help them look. Especially for empty apartments where the staff could enter without needing a warrant.

Maybe they initially checked only the apartments with lock boxes? As it was said this one did not have one and was unlocked??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea