GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

As we know, the investigators are extremely tight-lipped about this case. Why, then, release the ME report?
They didn’t. The person who makes the decision to do so or not, made the decision contrary to what the detectives and FBI agents would have liked.

They didn’t. The person who makes the decision to do so or not, made the decision contrary to what the detectives and FBI agents would have liked.
Why do you think the ME released it? What was to be gained by doing so?

I always assumed (definitely could be wrong about this) that the full autopsy report was not meant to be released in the way it was. It contained an awful lot of info that I'm sure LE wanted to keep quiet, for many different investigative reasons. I wondered if maybe it was supposed to be sealed by court order but there was some error there and the medical examiner's office had no choice but to release. But I'm really just speculating.

I would also say, just generally, that it's my opinion that investigators can do everything absolutely right and still end up with a case with no more leads to follow into and no suspects. Especially if it's a crime in a public place where the people involved were strangers to each other. IMO it can happen when there are no logical links between the victim and the perpetrator other than vicinity (we don't know that to be the case here, but just as an example). I'd be surprised if this case truly has zero leads at this point though, just from a standpoint of technological data that is probably still being analyzed.

The advantage of releasing that report to the public, is that maybe, somebody, somewhere, might recognize a detail in the bizarre crime (Like the carved letters F A T) that could spark a tip about someone they know, or an overheard comment.
speculation, imo.

Nov 12, 2021
The autopsy report for the woman killed in Piedmont Park in July has been released. Katherine "Katie" Janness was stabbed more than 50 times

Last edited:
The advantage of releasing that report to the public, is that maybe, somebody, somewhere, might recognize a detail in the bizarre crime (Like the carved letters F A T) that could spark a tip about someone they know, or an overheard comment.
speculation, imo.

Nov 12, 2021
The autopsy report for the woman killed in Piedmont Park in July has been released. Katherine "Katie" Janness was stabbed more than 50 times

Every case is different, so often it's a balance between so-called "hold back" information and releasing enough that the somebody can recognize a detail in a crime. Only these investigators know why (if the release of the entire autopsy was planned to go how it did), but what would have been more typical at the start of an investigation is to release the limited information that the victim had unique injuries but not say what they were or where they were located. Then, if a person contacts police with a tip, they can determine if the info the person has is relevant or not (letters were carved, these were the specific letters, they were carved in her chest). Over time, if leads diminish, maybe release the info that there were carvings, maybe even say what the letters were, but perhaps hold back where the injuries were located. It's just rather unusual for the public to have all this information so early in the investigation IMO.

Also, if LE releases absolutely everything it limits how they can ultimately use that information in the interrogation of potential POIs. But - I'm not saying anything we all don't already know.

In February a man attacked a woman with a knife in Point Defiance Park, a heavily wooded urban park in the north end of Tacoma, WA. He was screaming that she was a pedophile and had to die. The attack happened during daylight and fortunately her screams drew another woman jogger/hiker, who kicked him in the head, causing him to run. (Wonder Woman! Talk about a guardian angel.)

The investigation produced a highly detailed sketch and eventually the Tacoma police got a lead on a suspect named Nicholas Fitzgerald Matthew. They learned he might have fled to ATLANTA and after tracking him to Atlanta they learned he was trying to leave the country and arrested him at SFO.

Might he have been originally from ATL before lliving in Tacoma? Might he have fled back to ATL to hide from with friends or relatives? Where was he in July 2021?

As I am watching this I am thinking how much she favors Katie Janness. Anyone else notice the resemblance?

What a profoundly brave woman to recount her horrifying experience:

Thank you @hexicon
I tipped it into Atlanta and Tacoma. FWIW. Surely I am not the first person to make this connection.

I have been following Katie's case from the beginning, and the Point Defiance assault happened almost literally in my own backyard. (I don't walk/hike regularly in Pt. Defiance, but I am frequently in an adjacent park, with pepper spray.)
I didn't put the two incidents together until this morning in the shower.

"Muse said detectives do not believe the man is a suspect in any other crimes the TPD is investigating at this time. Muse also said the man also does not have a criminal history in Tacoma. He reportedly grew up on the east coast but has ties to the Puget Sound and has lived in the area for less than a decade."

As I am watching this I am thinking how much she favors Katie Janness. Anyone else notice the resemblance?
Yes, dark hair, light eyes, fair skin, oval face, straight/classic nose. In Katie's case it seems unlikely that the attacker could have targeted her based on physical "type" due to darkness, but with a disturbed person who can say what will trigger them?

As I mentioned in #508 I'd originally thought Katie's case was targeted and premeditated, and based in some combination of a crush/homophobia, perhaps from a person Katie or Emma had encountered as servers, but over time I'd come to think that it was a disturbed or hallucinating person who got incredibly lucky in not leaving much forensic evidence.

This guy in Tacoma as shouting about pedophiles while attacking an innocent female stranger so he's clearly experiencing some kind of delusion. [edited to clarify I was referring to Tacoma suspect]

@hexicon

It’s possible that KJs assailant stalked her from a well-lit area so he was able to see her physical type.

When I saw the marks under this victims eyes…

“Confident”, “independent”, solo-walker,
park around the same acreage level, body of water nearby.

Note: I am not speculating that this man is or could be the murderer of KJ. I am speculating that this is the TYPE of person who might have committed her murder: suffering from psychosis, perhaps transient.

Note: I am not speculating that this man is or could be the murderer of KJ. I am speculating that this is the TYPE of person who might have committed her murder: suffering from psychosis, perhaps transient.

I don’t think some with psychosis could perpetrate a murder with multiple stabbing, mutilation and disfigurement in a place that someone could have witnessed it and that took probably ten minutes. Katie’s murderer was mostly a well organized criminal and likely a sexual sadist with a variety of personality disorders.

I don’t think some with psychosis could perpetrate a murder with multiple stabbing, mutilation and disfigurement in a place that someone could have witnessed it and that took probably ten minutes. Katie’s murderer was mostly a well organized criminal and likely a sexual sadist with a variety of personality disorders.

Well, we agree on the sexual sadist and personality disorder part.

If there was little or no evidence left behind, that's an indication there was meticulous planning involved.

For example, look at Semmie Williams, the man who allegedly stabbed Ryan Rogers to death. Based on the videos he uploaded, he was clearly psychotic. Even though he moved his victim's body to a more secluded area, he left his headphones behind and when police caught him, Williams was still walking around with the victim's blood on a bandana in his backpack.

People who experience uncontrolled psychosis and act out violently, typically do so, spontaneously. Their acts of violence seldom involve premeditation; which is why they often get caught.

In Katie Janness' case, although there was rage involved, some of it was controlled. The letters FAT were lightly etched into her skin. The "curvilinear incised wound" to her left breast. Targeting her rainbow-colored, lower-back tattoo. Killing Bowie. Not getting caught on camera. In my opinion, this doesn't sound like a psychotic killer in a blind rage. It sounds like a somewhat organized sexual sadist and stone-cold psychopath.

I have a feeling this might be related to the Patrick Boland case. I believe the killer frequents Piedmont Park and may even cruise their for sex and/or drugs.

If there was little or no evidence left behind, that's an indication there was meticulous planning involved.

For example, look at Semmie Williams, the man who allegedly stabbed Ryan Rogers to death. Based on the videos he uploaded, he was clearly psychotic. Even though he moved his victim's body to a more secluded area, he left his headphones behind and when police caught him, Williams was still walking around with the victim's blood on a bandana in his backpack.

People who experience uncontrolled psychosis and act out violently, typically do so, spontaneously. Their acts of violence seldom involve premeditation; which is why they often get caught.

In Katie Janness' case, although there was rage involved, some of it was controlled. The letters FAT were lightly etched into her skin. The "curvilinear incised wound" to her left breast. Targeting her rainbow-colored, lower-back tattoo. Killing Bowie. Not getting caught on camera. In my opinion, this doesn't sound like a psychotic killer in a blind rage. It sounds like a somewhat organized sexual sadist and stone-cold psychopath.

I have a feeling this might be related to the Patrick Boland case. I believe the killer frequents Piedmont Park and may even cruise their for sex and/or drugs.
Welcome to Ws @AgressiveFruit!
This is the thread for Patrick..

July 2023 rbbm
''Channel 2′s Karyn Greer exclusively sat down with a criminal profiler who is working to train new profilers using Janness’ murder.
Keith Howard retired from the state of Georgia after 30 years and worked with the GBI’s Public Safety Training Center. He is now the Chief Deputy with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office.
“We took advantage of the open source information that was out there just to talk about how we would use our methodology if we had been asked to work a particular case like that or another case similar to it, Howard explained.He says one of the first things that stood out to him was the brutality of the crime.
Janness’ private areas were also mutilated by her attacker.''

“If you see that type of behavior, then that is most often associated with some strong sexual desires or gratification by an offender,” he said. “If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

Welcome to Ws @AgressiveFruit!
This is the thread for Patrick..
Thanks for sharing a link to Patrick's case.

July 2023 rbbm
''Channel 2′s Karyn Greer exclusively sat down with a criminal profiler who is working to train new profilers using Janness’ murder.
Keith Howard retired from the state of Georgia after 30 years and worked with the GBI’s Public Safety Training Center. He is now the Chief Deputy with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office.
“We took advantage of the open source information that was out there just to talk about how we would use our methodology if we had been asked to work a particular case like that or another case similar to it, Howard explained.He says one of the first things that stood out to him was the brutality of the crime.
Janness’ private areas were also mutilated by her attacker.''

“If you see that type of behavior, then that is most often associated with some strong sexual desires or gratification by an offender,” he said. “If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

“If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

The moment I heard the rumors about the condition of her body, I said, "this sounds like a lust murderer." They often target strangers, because it's harder to trace the crime back to them. In addition, organized sexual homicide offenders often put distance between them and their crime scene. That means, it's unlikely that the killer lives near Piedmont Park, but that's not written in stone.

“If this was some type of lust murderer that’s driven by his fantasies to murder people and is sexually excited by that, then typically, most often in those cases, the victim is unknown to the offender.”

The moment I heard the rumors about the condition of her body, I said, "this sounds like a lust murderer." They often target strangers, because it's harder to trace the crime back to them. In addition, organized sexual homicide offenders often put distance between them and their crime scene. That means, it's unlikely that the killer lives near Piedmont Park, but that's not written in stone.
Katie’s murderer knew Piedmont Park like the back of his hand. I believe he lived and still lives in the MidTown area, probably within a five mile radius of the Park. Midtown would be comfortable for him as he could engage in a certain level of consensual sadism in that community. I also think he’s married and has a job. I think it’s why he’s been able to evade APD. I think they’re looking in all the wrong places. MOO

I ALSO think this perpetrator may have stabbed Patrick Boland to death. An early stabbing attempt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boxtobox
Back