GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted the other day about searches/findings after "first frost". I believe we have frost predicted for tonight in middle Georgia, not sure how heavy though.

I received a weather alert this morning stating that there was a frost advisory in effect from 2:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Saturday.

:innocent:
What a sweet thought, Jane, but it made me cry. Not a day goes by that I don't think about Lauren and check for news. I'm thankful that our locals are still posting because I know you guys will alert us as soon as you hear news about McD's case.

Oh no Bessie! I'm so sorry! :(

About the frost.. I didn't notice that any of the vegetation has died back yet. It may take a few more weeks. This made me think about something that was mentioned way back when we first started talking about this case though. I remember someone mentioning the old "monastery" as a possible hiding place. I read a little bit about it and remembered someone saying to visit in the fall or winter because it's really overgrown otherwise. I kind of doubt Lauren is there, but it just makes me think of all the possible places she could be and that she may never be found.

Heres more about the old monastery. It's neat if nothing else:
http://redsrightings.blogspot.com/2008/07/macons-hidden-monastery.html

About the frost.. I didn't notice that any of the vegetation has died back yet. It may take a few more weeks. This made me think about something that was mentioned way back when we first started talking about this case though. I remember someone mentioning the old "monastery" as a possible hiding place. I read a little bit about it and remembered someone saying to visit in the fall or winter because it's really overgrown otherwise. I kind of doubt Lauren is there, but it just makes me think of all the possible places she could be and that she may never be found.

BBM: You're right, I don't see much difference -- will take a little more time and more, harder frosts.

Also, interesting link about the old "monastery", thanks for posting.

AWESOME< I REALLY REALLY must get down there to see that!

AWESOME< I REALLY REALLY must get down there to see that!

I know! There's also supposedly some underground tunnels in the area that connect to the monastery. I'd love to explore them but I'm too afraid to poke around in places like this in Macon!

I sure am concerned that SMD could get out on bond. You all must have seen the news last night that said the cop killer up in Atlanta may be able to walk free on bond because he has not been indicted by the grand jury in the 90 days that Ga. law requires. I know we addressed this subject a while back and some felt because the sex offenses could keep him in jail longer. Well, it seems that the 90 days is about up on that too. I am getting worried that if he is out free to walk around, he has nothing to loose to go on the run to another country or some place he can not be found. He is not stupid and could probably survive out there. Hope Im wrong!

http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/alleged-clayton-deputy-killer-1211557.html

I sure am concerned that SMD could get out on bond. You all must have seen the news last night that said the cop killer up in Atlanta may be able to walk free on bond because he has not been indicted by the grand jury in the 90 days that Ga. law requires. I know we addressed this subject a while back and some felt because the sex offenses could keep him in jail longer. Well, it seems that the 90 days is about up on that too. I am getting worried that if he is out free to walk around, he has nothing to loose to go on the run to another country or some place he can not be found. He is not stupid and could probably survive out there. Hope Im wrong!

I went back and looked at the dates, too, oldercitizen. Concerns me bigtime- hoping they have something up their sleeve?

If he's guilty of this horrible murder, the least of my worries is him leaving the country. It's who he might hurt next. :(

from your link, oldercitizen, at
http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/alle...r-1211557.html

QUOTE: ...&#8220;The only exception is capital [punishment] cases where the judge extends the period for an extra 90 days,&#8221; Carlson said. &#8220;And because of the defendant&#8217;s age, I don&#8217;t think this is a death sentence case.&#8221; ...

This is in reference to the case you cited, of course, but I wonder if the exception mentioned might be called into play in SM's case...?

Also, as the article you linked mentioned about the other case, if bond were to be set for SM, it might be a very high one...?

I know! There's also supposedly some underground tunnels in the area that connect to the monastery. I'd love to explore them but I'm too afraid to poke around in places like this in Macon!

Sad isn't it. That would be amazing to explore it all. ONE DAY!

I went back and looked at the dates, too, oldercitizen. Concerns me bigtime- hoping they have something up their sleeve?

If he's guilty of this horrible murder, the least of my worries is him leaving the country. It's who he might hurt next. :(

Yeah wellll, it doesnt' matter what country, if he leaves the country and can't be found, gains another Identity, he WILL hurt another next---- I think is the point

Yeah this case has never looked good, according to the info the public has access to, my concern from early on that he'll walk or atleast "escape" if bonded..... I sure hope LE DOES have something up their sleeve besides a rabbit

from your link, oldercitizen, at
http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/alle...r-1211557.html

QUOTE: ...“The only exception is capital [punishment] cases where the judge extends the period for an extra 90 days,” Carlson said. “And because of the defendant’s age, I don’t think this is a death sentence case.” ...

This is in reference to the case you cited, of course, but I wonder if the exception mentioned might be called into play in SM's case...?

Also, as the article you linked mentioned about the other case, if bond were to be set for SM, it might be a very high one...?

Yeah, how high can they go for bond and what rules apply? I mean he has no criminal record....there isn't a LOT to go on but a little circumstantial evidence, if you consider it substantial. Of course unless Judge too thinks he'll flee is the main concern, is that all of the considerations the judge will make? Dont' know anything about that (obviously)

Thanks for sharing the article, Older Citizen. I can't believe next week will mark 90 days since he was charged and we've heard almost nothing since the commitment hearing two months ago. The child *advertiser censored* charges will buy the state a little more time, but not much. We should hear something soon.

This news report from September 28th says McD will be in jail until at least mid-November.

BY STATE LAW....HE HAS 90 DAYS FROM THE DATE MCDANIEL WAS CHARGED... TO GET HIM INDICTED.
AFTER NINETY DAYS... HE SAYS... MCDANIEL IS ENTITLED TO BOND.
BUT HERE'S THE CATCH....MCDANIEL NOW FACES THREE DIFFERENT SETS OF CHARGES...BURGLARY...MURDER...AND CHILD *advertiser censored*.....AND THAT MEANS HE'LL PROBABLY REMAIN IN JAIL UNTIL AT LEAST MID-NOVEMBER.

http://www.13wmaz.com/archive/article/146161/267/Friday-September-30-Eyewitness-News-at-6

I still think Macon LE has their man. Hopefully, with the 90 day time frame, the Macon news media will have something new.

Thanks for sharing the article, Older Citizen. I can't believe next week will mark 90 days since he was charged and we've heard almost nothing since the commitment hearing two months ago. The child *advertiser censored* charges will buy the state a little more time, but not much. We should hear something soon.

I hope so. I'm getting a little anxious.:waitasec:

For what it's worth, there is a story today on www.macon.com (Macon Telegraph web site) about a Bibb County Grand Jury indicting a man for a murder that occurred in July ... maybe that could mean we are in getting "in the ballpark" of a bill of indictment heading toward the Grand Jury's consideration on this case ... or not ...!

Just thought I'd pass this along, not quoting the story since it does not relate directly to Lauren's case, but the link is below:

http://www.macon.com/2011/11/01/1768526/bibb-grand-jury-indicts-pettigrew.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member