GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, fellow sleuthers waiting patiently for anything to happen on Lauren's case. Well, your patience is about to be rewarded as next Tuesday the Grand Jury will be presented with the McDaniel case. It does not look very promising for our young SoL. While the prosecutors will only show enough to get an indictment ( not much ) they have a bunch of stuff, and I mean a bunch. They know exactly how McD was able to subdue Lauren. They have lots of forensics. What is kind of funny, if there is such a thing in this case, is the answer to the question, what is taking them so long ? It has nothing (or little) to do with McD. The judges of Superior Court had to "settle their calendars" and this did not occur until this week. Not sure how the process works , but the clock does start ticking once an indictment comes down, and apparently the calendars had to be "settled" for this to take place or McD could have talked about his poor constitutional rights to a speedy and fair trial being violated. None of the judges wanted this trial, but Howard Simms wound up with it. Another tidbit gleaned ~ Lauren, quoted as saying about McD not long before her death, " Well I am going to be nice to him, because I am scared he is going to go all Columbine on everybody" Let's keep Lauren in our thoughts and prayers as this process plays out. Justice is coming I believe

Whoa, AgentFrank -- your post certainly says a mouthful! And, as far as I know, we are hearing it from you, here, first. Sounds like things are about to start moving with this case all right.

What you said about it being known exactly how Lauren was subdued sure has me thinking something must have shown up in the toxicology report -- I can't think of another way, short of a confession, that they would be likely to know for sure, under the circumstances ...of course, I could be wrong. (In a weird way, I hope for that -- that maybe she really "didn't know what hit her".)

If the case does indeed go to the Grand Jury when you predict, and there is an indictment, then what I was saying earlier about us needing to watch the legal debate in the Bun case over the 90-day rule might indeed apply. (Not that I think it would make much difference in the outcome, but it likely would be an arena for legal maneuvering.)

I know we likely will not be learning much from the Grand Jury proceedings -- barring leaks -- but what I really want to know is what of the bunches of forensics ties SM directly to the crime ... to me, that always has been important. Likely I will not get my answer, though, unless and until the case goes to trial.

I have to admit, while I know it is not really the time, I do hope we will learn at least a little from this next step. I'm only human!

I join you in thoughts of Lauren and prayers for her family. I also feel for the McDaniel family at this time.

What are your thoughts on the possibility of a change of venue -- surely there must be talk about the possibility. The earlier media coverage ...wow. I've wondered if that is not why there was such a sudden and total drop-off of coverage ... some kind of tacit agreement to try to ward off the possibility of a venue change.

Thanks, AgentFrank, for reporting in.

WOW. Thanks for the updates. I'm so glad to hear there's movement in this case. I think of LG and her family often.

I am not sure how they know how McD was able to subdue her , all I know is that they know. I do not think there will be a change in venue, I think they will bring in a jury from another county and sequester them. Similar to Casey Anthony Pinellas 12 , and we all know how that turned out.

Agent Lundy, WOW! My extreme thanks for the info in your post #552. Such great news to know that there is a lot of evidence that will reveal the truth and serve some justice for Lauren and her family.

Never does a day go by for me without thinking of Karen and Billy.
As for the McDaniels family... I am sorry they refuse to admit the truth and tell McD to reveal where the rest of Lauren is hidden.

At least one person in McD's family seems to have the blinders off: Hollis Brown.

Even though this is an older article it is worth a second read.
http://www.macon.com/2011/09/25/171...tung-by.html#storylink=misearch#ixzz1cVeav0yV

Thanks again, Agent Lundy, for your excellent and most uplifting post.

Agent Lundy, thanks for the update! Will you be able to attend?

Plain Jane Doe's 11/10 post about newer evidence made me scurry up the thread, to where I saw the 11/2 post #833.
PD Chief said they had some results which were encouraging, but which he w/not further describe.

Did I miss something in the meantime?

Maybe McD's request for bail w/let a bit of evd come to light.

That's what I was referring to. :) But since then Agent Lundy has posted much more detailed information.

I am not sure how they know how McD was able to subdue her , all I know is that they know. I do not think there will be a change in venue, I think they will bring in a jury from another county and sequester them. Similar to Casey Anthony Pinellas 12 , and we all know how that turned out.

:noooo:

Agent Lundy, thanks for the update! Will you be able to attend?

In case AgentFrank doesn't get back today to respond ... The Grand Jury proceedings are secret, if that's what you are talking about, so we won't be able to send in WSers to report back. (They are secret to the point, I think, that the defense is not provided a transcript of the proceedings.) We will hear whether the GJ returns a true bill or a no bill ... and we may hear some info that gets "leaked", can't count on that though.

If I'm understanding right, AgentFrank is saying the presentation to the GJ is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 15. That is before the date (Nov. 17) Floyd Buford had mentioned (in one of the links about the application for bond) as a possible date for a bond hearing. Depending on if the case goes before the GJ when predicted and on the outcome, there may turn out not to be any bond hearing -- but, if there is, I believe that probably would be open to the public.

A while back, I heard secondhand from a contact in the police dept that SMD subdued her with chloroform. And, he previously posted on the other forum about using chloroform.

A while back, I heard secondhand from a contact in the police dept that SMD subdued her with chloroform. And, he previously posted on the other forum about using chloroform.

that would not surprise me at all-if he didn't use chloroform in some part of his crime since he seemed to fantasize about it in his ravings

Also, remember, it came out at the commitment hearing that chloroform was part of the method that SM's former roommate said SM had described. Defense asked Patterson if LE found any chloroform in SM's apartment and the answer was no. (Of course, tests could have revealed differently since, or they could have found traces in his or her car, etc.)

Via Joe Kovac's Twitter: developments on search for Lauren Giddings' remains. New article at midnight on Macon.com. I'll check then and link the article.

Hope they've found something! Or at least a clue leading them in the right direction.

Via Joe Kovac's Twitter: developments on search for Lauren Giddings' remains. New article at midnight on Macon.com. I'll check then and link the article.

Hope they've found something! Or at least a clue leading them in the right direction.

Oh, I am hoping so, too, SouthernKate!! Thanks for the heads-up on this!

ETA: Looking at the tweet -- kind of sounds like maybe a new search is shaping up...?

Oh, I am hoping so, too, SouthernKate!! Thanks for the heads-up on this!

ETA: Looking at the tweet -- kind of sounds like maybe a new search is shaping up...?

Now he has a new update - says Lauren's family has been encouraged by reaching out to McD's grandfather.

I know after that interview with the grandfather, I had speculated about them looking on his land. We will see, I guess.

Giddings family pressing for search of farm
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. - Telegraph staff

As yet unsuccessful, painstaking attempts to find bodily remains of slain and dismembered Mercer University law school graduate Lauren Giddings have led her relatives and the authorities to sift through landfills, peer into storm drains and wade in the Ocmulgee River, all in the pursuit of potential disposal sites.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/11/13/1783563/giddings-family-pressing-for-search.html

From your link, SouthernKate:

QUOTE:

... A recent possible search site -- land owned by <name snipped>, the grandfather of murder suspect Stephen McDaniel -- has been the source of both hope and frustration for Giddings&#8217; family and loved ones.
<name snipped>&#8217;s farm in Pike County hasn&#8217;t been searched, and authorities say there are barriers to a search happening. ...

... Giddings&#8217; sister, Kaitlyn Wheeler, told Telegraph reporters in late September that the grandfather of the 26-year-old murder suspect had &#8220;been awesome&#8221; about consenting to the search. ...

... Wheeler has said the search seems logical.

&#8220;For me and my dad, I know this search is even more important than the landfill just because it looks like we do have a lead going there. ... I have more of a gut feeling that this could be a more likely place, a place that (McDaniel) could, I don&#8217;t know, keep something that he would want to come back for later or something that he didn&#8217;t want to put in the landfill to be disposed of,&#8221; Wheeler said. ...

more at: http://www.macon.com/2011/11/13/1783563/giddings-family-pressing-for-search.html

What a very strange, sad situation...

I also still wonder, if SM is guilty, about Sprewell Bluff State Park, on the Flint River, fairly close to the grandfather's place and possibly a place the family may have visited often ... perhaps a place of memories. Going there would not be as likely to draw notice as a visit to the grandfather's place ... yet would be close by.

http://gastateparks.org/SprewellBluff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member