GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting development. I think someone here said they should search his grandfather's place back when the article about the grandfather came out.

Interesting development. I think someone here said they should search his grandfather's place back when the article about the grandfather came out.
I was one who did, and like Lauren's sister, I suggested that he might have wanted to keep the remains in a place that was special, or meaningful, to him. His grandfather's property is large enough and remote enough that remains hidden there would go undetected, so he could hold onto them.

I've been on vacation, so I haven't been around for a few days. I'm very relieved to see there have been important updates. Thank you, Agent Lundy, for the news about the grand jury date.

I was one who did, and like Lauren's sister, I suggested that he might have wanted to keep the remains in a place that was special, or meaningful, to him. His grandfather's property is large enough and remote enough that remains hidden there would go undetected, so he could hold onto them.

I've been on vacation, so I haven't been around for a few days.
I'm very relieved to see there have been important updates. Thank you, Agent Lundy, for the news about the grand jury date.

bbm: Welcome back! (Glad to see you -- I was getting a little concerned, because I hadn't seen you pop in here or anywhere else I wandered around the site. Was starting to worry that I needed to post you in a "missing mod" thread!! Glad not the case!)

Thanks, Backwoods. :)

Expect a new thread soon. I've been holding off on starting one until there was a new development.

Thanks, Backwoods. :)

Expect a new thread soon. I've been holding off on starting one until there was a new development.

bbm: This one sure has held out a long time, compared to earlier ones, what with the slowing down of news!

The 5 and 6 o'clock newscasts today on Macon's 13WMAZ both had coverage on the Giddings case. Not up on the web site yet, but if I see it come up I will post a link. Nothing really new, but interesting.

You beat me to the post on this one MaconMom. Thanks ... I'd gotten busy doing something else and didn't notice it up.

As soon as I see them post something about the case on Facebook, I hurry over to see if anything's posted here yet. Usually its already here - everyone is so fast!

I hope something gets leaked tomorrow. I need something new to think about.

Greetings, fellow sleuthers waiting patiently for anything to happen on Lauren's case. Well, your patience is about to be rewarded as next Tuesday the Grand Jury will be presented with the McDaniel case. It does not look very promising for our young SoL. While the prosecutors will only show enough to get an indictment ( not much ) they have a bunch of stuff, and I mean a bunch. They know exactly how McD was able to subdue Lauren. They have lots of forensics. What is kind of funny, if there is such a thing in this case, is the answer to the question, what is taking them so long ? It has nothing (or little) to do with McD. The judges of Superior Court had to "settle their calendars" and this did not occur until this week. Not sure how the process works , but the clock does start ticking once an indictment comes down, and apparently the calendars had to be "settled" for this to take place or McD could have talked about his poor constitutional rights to a speedy and fair trial being violated. None of the judges wanted this trial, but Howard Simms wound up with it. Another tidbit gleaned ~ Lauren, quoted as saying about McD not long before her death, " Well I am going to be nice to him, because I am scared he is going to go all Columbine on everybody" Let's keep Lauren in our thoughts and prayers as this process plays out. Justice is coming I believe

bbm: For those not local, this might be an interesting tidbit to learn -- Simms is the former DA, who resigned to run for the judgeship he holds. Current DA Greg Winters ran for DA (and won) during the same election in which Simms was elected judge. (I believe this is correct -- if I have it wrong, somebody else chime in...)

On the 13WMAZ newscast at 11 p.m., this followed coverage (same as at 5 and 6 p.m. basically) of the Giddings case --

QUOTE ( from posted transcript at http://www.13wmaz.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=152037 ):

...TOMORROW MORNING... MACON POLICE CHIEF MIKE BURNS WILL JOIN STEPHANIE SUSSKIND LIVE ON EYEWITNESS NEWS... AND WE WANT TO ASK HIM YOUR QUESTIONS.
THERE ARE A COUPLE OF WAYS TO GET THEM TO US... YOU CAN LEAVE THEM ON THE 13WMAZ FACEBOOK PAGE... OR EMAIL THEM TO EYEWITNESS-NEWS AT 13WMAZ DOT COM.
THEN TUNE IN TOMORROW AT 6-30 ON EYEWITNESS NEWS MORNIN'...

Sounds pretty much like what he did a week or so ago...? I didn't see him answer any questions about the Giddings case on camera then (though maybe he did and I just missed it), but they did do sort of a wrap where they told us chief said results coming in from FBI were "promising", etc., and MPD issued a media release recapping those comments, remember?

So ...don't know, with everything pending this week, whether the chief will speak any about this case or not during this appearance, but just a heads-up in case any of you will be up early and want to try to watch, or even submit a question ...

Is that 6:30 AM ??? That would be 5:30 my time and I haven't gone to sleep yet. Lol. I hope we get at least a tidbit or two of new info. Just a little something to chew on. What I'm really looking forward to, though, is the headline that reads "Indicted!".

Thanks for the updates, guys. I've been busy in another forum, but I promise I'll get that new thread open tomorrow.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147658&page=19 - post #475

Apparently SMD posted something about Columbine in his Internet ravings, but I can't find it and don't remember seeing it. I just thought that was interesting that Lauren would mention him going "Columbine" and he had posted about it. Does anyone remember a post about it?

I looked downstairs and in the posts I have bookmarked and tagged, and I didn't find one. He did post in threads where Columbine was mentioned, though, and he frequently posted about vigilantism and defending himself, that kind of thing. I imagine it was similar stories he shared with Lauren that led to her comment.

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/giddingscase/default.aspx Chief Burns says he expects the case to " move quickly " Once the indictment gets done and written up , probably tomorrow, it should be posted as it is a public document. We may get something we don't already know out of this . Grand jury proceedings are closed to the public, but I would love to be a fly on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adayinthelifeofasd