GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
pearl, I don't believe any of the video from the drive-through was released to the media/public.

I could have sworn I saw a photo of LG's car at Zaxby's. I didn't mention it the last time we discussed the topic , but I combed all the news article and early threads and couldn't find any mention of a picture released to the media. So I must have dreamed it because I have a vivid image of it in my head! And I'm not psychic! :crazy: Guess I've just spent a lot of time focusing on Lauren's murder.

I could have sworn I saw a photo of LG's car at Zaxby's. I didn't mention it the last time we discussed the topic , but I combed all the news article and early threads and couldn't find any mention of a picture released to the media. So I must have dreamed it because I have a vivid image of it in my head! And I'm not psychic! :crazy: Guess I've just spent a lot of time focusing on Lauren's murder.

I know there was a picture taken from that video because I remember seeing it too. I think it was on the Macon paper website. I remember a discussion about whether the camera could have captured someone in her backseat. Not that anyone has claimed there was someone in the car with her. We were just discussing the possibility of what the camera could see.
OT-gonna have shoulder surgery later this morning, will be out of commission for the next several days. Ya'll hold the fort.

I know there was a picture taken from that video because I remember seeing it too. I think it was on the Macon paper website. I remember a discussion about whether the camera could have captured someone in her backseat. Not that anyone has claimed there was someone in the car with her. We were just discussing the possibility of what the camera could see.
OT-gonna have shoulder surgery later this morning, will be out of commission for the next several days. Ya'll hold the fort.

Good thoughts for a great outcome on your surgery, pearl!

I remember the discussions about the backseat, etc., and I remember some of our local sleuthers taking pics OF the drive-through, but I don't remember any released photo of Lauren at the drive-through.

Now you and pearl have me wondering -- although I don't remember a picture -- I think I am starting to see one in my mind, too!

Yeah, I think it must have been there briefly, Pearl. But I'm pretty good at searching threads and couldn't find a post that mentioned the photo. I'll look again at some point.

Good luck with your surgery. Hope it won't keep you from posting for very long. ;)

I'm getting too sleepy to tap on my iPhone so I'm going to sleep now. :D Goodnight.

I remember the video too, and I remember whoever first showed it made a big deal out of it, like "Last Photo of Lauren Seen Alive" or something like that . IIRC , it was fairly grainy, brief, and you could not tell much at all.
And in response to the folks talking about jobs, I think with the current state of the economy it is very difficult to get a job, even if you are a lawyer. I have a friend of mine whose son has graduated, passed the bar, and still has not found a job . It's tough out there, not like the old days

Off topic - I hope it will be OK to post a brief off-topic alert for the many local-to-middle-Georgia folks who have read/posted in Lauren's threads:

Just wanted to make locals aware, if they have not seen it already, that there is a fairly new WebSleuths thread here:

Found Deceased GA - Ima Jean Sanders, 13, Warner Robins, 1 Aug 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

for a young teenager who went missing from Warner Robins (for you non-locals, that's "next door" to Macon) in 1974. Details seem to be sparse online at this point -- I'm not sure if her remains were only recently found or identified or both -- but it seems (if I'm interpreting correctly) that she has just this month been tagged as a likely victim of serial/spree killer Paul John Knowles.

If you are old enough, you will remember that Knowles was one scary, scary guy who killed several people in our area. I was shocked to read of this young girl being linked so many years later.

May Ima Jean rest in peace, and blessings and prayers for any loved ones who are just learning, after so many years, what became of her.

I remember the video too, and I remember whoever first showed it made a big deal out of it, like "Last Photo of Lauren Seen Alive" or something like that . IIRC , it was fairly grainy, brief, and you could not tell much at all.
And in response to the folks talking about jobs, I think with the current state of the economy it is very difficult to get a job, even if you are a lawyer. I have a friend of mine whose son has graduated, passed the bar, and still has not found a job . It's tough out there, not like the old days

bbm: Even though my mind sure is offering to "conjure this up" for me, truth is, I truly don't think I remember seeing it. Guess I blinked and missed it!!

please excuse improper spellings, capitalization, etc it's due to suddenly becoming left handed for a while i do remember seeing picture of Lauren at zaxby's must have been on another site i went back through some of the older threads and found where we discussed the video and that southernkate visited the drive through at zaxby's and took some pictures that she posted

thread number 8 post number 566

Off topic - I hope it will be OK to post a brief off-topic alert for the many local-to-middle-Georgia folks who have read/posted in Lauren's threads:

Just wanted to make locals aware, if they have not seen it already, that there is a fairly new WebSleuths thread here:

Found Deceased GA - Ima Jean Sanders, 13, Warner Robins, 1 Aug 1974 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

for a young teenager who went missing from Warner Robins (for you non-locals, that's "next door" to Macon) in 1974. Details seem to be sparse online at this point -- I'm not sure if her remains were only recently found or identified or both -- but it seems (if I'm interpreting correctly) that she has just this month been tagged as a likely victim of serial/spree killer Paul John Knowles.

If you are old enough, you will remember that Knowles was one scary, scary guy who killed several people in our area. I was shocked to read of this young girl being linked so many years later.

May Ima Jean rest in peace, and blessings and prayers for any loved ones who are just learning, after so many years, what became of her.

Good Gawd! I used to live there! I dont' remember that case. But I see she wasn't living there long, but had come down to her mother's so I did not know here. CRAZY!! Seriel killers passing through Middle GA. I wonder why in the world the LE in that area didnt' know it was Ima Jean. I Mean Gawd, how many bodies did one find in that area in the 70's! God bless her and her family though, sad.

Another Sicko. Just noting the dismemberment and how he dumped it.
http://www.windstream.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9RSVEH82@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

Aliahna's murder also struck a chord with me, tomcat. I wish we had a verified profiler here that could speak to us about dismemberment, so that we could know which direction to 'look' for remains. Families need them so much for closure. And LE, sometimes for prosecution. :(
I've talked to so many and read up on so much, but quite honestly I don't think I'm ever going to figure it out.

I still feel that there is hope for the recovery of Lauren's remains.

Macon's The Telegraph/macon.com is recapping the news year of 2011 in a series of articles. Today's includes the month of June, and of course, on June 30, this:

A look at some of the events that impacted the midstate in 2011: April-June

... 30: Macon police discover the torso of a woman&#8217;s body in a trash can outside the apartment of Lauren Giddings, a recent Mercer University law school graduate who was reported missing early that morning. Police Chief Mike Burns says the department has two &#8220;persons of interest&#8221; in the case. ...

article is at link: http://www.macon.com/2011/12/29/1841829/a-look-at-some-of-the-events-that.html

It seems a long road since then -- I know especially so for Lauren's family.

I have to think we will see some movement in this case soon after the holiday period/first of the year ... but I really don't know what to expect or exactly when.

I can see the picture in my head too, that's group think?!

But, didn't one of the Macon locals on WS take some pics and post, lol?!:banghead:
Macon Police: Video of Giddings at Zaxby's is Last Known Sighting

NewsCentral Producer

Story Created: Jul 10, 2011 at 6:02 PM EST
Story Updated: Jul 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM EST

Macon Police have confirmed that a video obtained of Lauren Giddings at Zaxby's in Downtown Macon from Saturday June 25th is the last known sighting of her since her disappearance.

The video has not been released to the public.

Our media partner The Telegraph reports that Giddings was caught on a surveillance camera going through at a Zaxby's at 6:30 p.m. Saturday evening.

Macon Police confirm that a food bag and receipt were found inside her apartment.

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...-Zaxbys-is-Last-Known-Sighting-125304748.html

New six months later article:

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/article/158962/175/The-Lauren-Giddings-Case-Six-Months-Later

Wow...can't believe it's been that long. I'm sure the holidays were very hard on her family. :(

I believe the main video of the newscast segment at SouthernKate's link includes excerpts from a phone interview with Lauren's mom's cousin, Kathy Mann -- and the station also has the extended (close to seven minutes) interview with her posted here:

http://www.13wmaz.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1353993365001&odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|featured

Good luck with that! Hope your recovery is quick!

Editors and reporters of Macon's The Telegraph/macon.com have named Lauren's case their top story of 2011:

Top 10 midstate stories

With 2011 now in the history books, The Telegraph looks back at the top news stories of the year. They are the stories that captivated us and helped define the year that was. ...
Voted on by The Telegraph&#8217;s reporters and editors, this year&#8217;s list includes 11 stories because of a tie for the 10th spot.

1. Mercer law graduate Lauren Giddings slain

On the last morning in June, a Macon policeman searching for clues in the apparent disappearance of a Mercer University law school graduate made a gruesome find: a portion of the missing graduate&#8217;s remains. ...
... Six months later, the mystery surrounding 27-year-old Lauren Giddings&#8217; slaying still looms. Investigators, if they even know, haven&#8217;t said how she died, and the baffling, distressing circumstances of the case have captivated locals like no killing in recent memory. ...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2012/01/01/1845300/top-10-midstate-stories.html

Aliahna's murder also struck a chord with me, tomcat. I wish we had a verified profiler here that could speak to us about dismemberment, so that we could know which direction to 'look' for remains. Families need them so much for closure. And LE, sometimes for prosecution. :(
I've talked to so many and read up on so much, but quite honestly I don't think I'm ever going to figure it out.

I still feel that there is hope for the recovery of Lauren's remains.

Me too! But I do think she's in the river, she won't likely be located unless a bag floats to surface, who's going to drain the river??
Alot of cases are carbon copies. I also DO wonder about grinding of the other parts. Not sure about the skull. But not giong to drain the river I suppose.

I do hope the Giddings family isnt' reading or doesnt' read this stuff!

I figured your response would be along these lines, Oriah!

For any of you who AREN'T familiar with kudzu, here's a link someone posted on the Karen Swift thread, showing Georgia (and maybe Alabama and South Carolina...?) kudzu in different seasons:

http://www.jjanthony.com/kudzu/houses.html

Those are creepy pictures! They seem like they should be in a horror film. (it could be double-featured with that one M Night Shyamalan movie where the trees take away people's will to live.) Sorry, bad joke, but it's creeping me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member