GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

live video on now at the 13WMAZ video link I posted a few posts back...

For those who can't watch live -- or who have to watch intermittently, as I'm having to do -- they're discussing the pink issue now.

McDaniel jurors will hear about knives, sword found in his apartment

...Jurors will get to hear testimony from McDaniels’ acquaintances about his fascination with “perfect murder” scenarios. They also will get to see the knives, swords and other cutting instruments that were found inside his apartment, but not guns and a baseball bat found there....
more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/12/12/2828837/burglary-evidence-out-in-mcdaniel.html

This looks like a longer version of the earlier Telegraph update. already linked -- and I think the link to that earlier brief report leads here now.

WMAZ site says hearing has broken for lunch, will resume at 2:30 p.m. (EST)

Sounds like hearing is about to resume at 13WMAZ video link.

latest updated report of today's hearing from The Telegraph/macon.com -- has been added to from earlier version:

McDaniel jurors will hear about knives, sword found in his apartment

... It was perhaps the most intriguing and contested day in court so far in the Stephen McDaniel murder case. ...

more at: http://www.macon.com/2013/12/12/2828837/burglary-evidence-out-in-mcdaniel.html

AND, from the same source (The Telegraph gets a smiley sticker from me today :) ), "McDaniel interrogation video":

http://www.macon.com/2013/12/12/2828837_a2829512/burglary-evidence-out-in-mcdaniel.html

Do ya'll think the prosecution or defense benefitted the most today? I think both sides got some help.

Do ya'll think the prosecution or defense benefitted the most today? I think both sides got some help.

Hard for me to say, pearl. I did not get to watch throughout, kind of had to keep popping in and out.

But I was impressed with Judge Simms, I will say. I thought he was straightforward and made some sound decisions -- not sure I agree with all, but overall thought he made a good showing.

In a nutshell, Judge Sims ...

Won't allow-

-Interrogation video, prior to arrest
-McD admission to burglaries
-inconclusive luminol tests
-testimony regarding finding 3 guns and a baseball bat

Will Allow-
-perfect murder recollections
-testimony regarding finding knives, swords and a stick-like weapon
-search of McD's body for scratches
-ponchos and a earring found in McD's car
-the infamous master key and key to Lauren's apartment
-DNA evidence taken from a bloodied hacksaw.

January 6th:
Sims will rule on items awaiting FBI lab results and computer analyses, and a defense request that Giddings’ friends and family not be allowed to wear pink, her favorite color, to the trial. He will also rule on a blog post uncovered by prosecutors that they link to McDaniel. Under the name "Sons of Liberty," the writer described using a knife on the neck of a victim to cut the carotid artery. The entry was posted in 2008.

http://www.macon.com/2013/12/12/2828837/burglary-evidence-out-in-mcdaniel.html

http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/news/192962-blood-tests-thrown-out-mcdaniel-case

Won't allow-

Will Allow-

January 6th:
Sims will rule on items awaiting FBI lab results and computer analyses, and a defense request that Giddings’ friends and family not be allowed to wear pink, her favorite color, to the trial. He will also rule on a blog post uncovered by prosecutors that they link to McDaniel. Under the name "Sons of Liberty," the writer described using a knife on the neck of a victim to cut the carotid artery. The entry was posted in 2008.

Thanks for summarizing, Knox -- because what one media outlet has covered in its reports the other hasn't, always, with this hearing.

Judge did totally rule out interrogation video at the trial then? Somehow I missed that -- last I knew the possibility of some of it being played seemed to still be pending. But I have found it hard to sort everything out from today, as things developed.

Anybody who was able to watch (and HEAR, because I had some trouble with that, even when I was watching) all the live feed today, can you elaborate on:

(1) What was said about the drive with Lauren's pix on it -- we had not heard of that until the civil suit, but seemed from one little bit I caught today that it was brought up at this hearing. I'm thinking (if remembering correctly) that DA Cooke seemed to be a bit unfamiliar with the topic, made some comment to that effect. (I think also this is the part where, about the time I tuned in, all the lawyers went into a huddle at the bench.)

(2) What was the deal with the warrant authorized by a Bibb County judge but carried out in DeKalb County -- anybody know? I'm thinking it wouldn't be at SM's parents' home, because that is in Gwinnett County I think.

(3)Any clue what site the post to be discussed on January 6 is from? Or, maybe to put it better, I got the idea it probably is not from the site we are all familiar with -- agree?

(4) Anybody know a summary of what was said about the witness who says she saw SM outside with a stick or staff on the night Lauren sent the email?

I noticed that younger guy was back at the defense table today. I wish one of the media outlets would identify him for us.

Oh, noooo....I forgot!!! :banghead:

Thanks for summarizing, Knox -- because what one media outlet has covered in its reports the other hasn't, always, with this hearing.

Judge did totally rule out interrogation video at the trial then? Somehow I missed that -- last I knew the possibility of some of it being played seemed to still be pending. But I have found it hard to sort everything out from today, as things developed.

Anybody who was able to watch (and HEAR, because I had some trouble with that, even when I was watching) all the live feed today, can you elaborate on:

(1) What was said about the drive with Lauren's pix on it -- we had not heard of that until the civil suit, but seemed from one little bit I caught today that it was brought up at this hearing. I'm thinking (if remembering correctly) that DA Cooke seemed to be a bit unfamiliar with the topic, made some comment to that effect. (I think also this is the part where, about the time I tuned in, all the lawyers went into a huddle at the bench.)

(2) What was the deal with the warrant authorized by a Bibb County judge but carried out in DeKalb County -- anybody know? I'm thinking it wouldn't be at SM's parents' home, because that is in Gwinnett County I think.

(3)Any clue what site the post to be discussed on January 6 is from? Or, maybe to put it better, I got the idea it probably is not from the site we are all familiar with -- agree?

(4) Anybody know a summary of what was said about the witness who says she saw SM outside with a stick or staff on the night Lauren sent the email?

I noticed that younger guy was back at the defense table today. I wish one of the media outlets would identify him for us.
Regarding number 3, iirc he used that handle on the previous site, not the one you're talking about. He did make a similar post on that site, but supposedly it all went poof.

ETA: I take that back.

Won't allow-

Will Allow-

January 6th:

Thanks so much for the summary, Knox. I'm not finished reading everything yet, but this looks good, imo. The "scratches", ugh...reminds me of that creepy post he made on the night after LG disappeared, that Sunday I believe. He said he swatted at a spider and scratched his throat.

Won't allow-

Will Allow-

January 6th:

Under "will allow", the WalMart video is in, too, I believe.

Wish I could have listened to the live hearing Backwoods. I only summarized what I found in the news stories, but sounds like many things were left out. Is the hearing out there somewhere in raw form?

Bessie, I had forgotten all about that supposed spider post, mnn hmm. Did you catch the remarks made by Patterson about McD's sister and her husband?

I can't remember, will cameras be allowed at trial?

Wish I could have listened to the live hearing Backwoods. I only summarized what I found in the news stories, but sounds like many things were left out. Is the hearing out there somewhere in raw form?

Bessie, I had forgotten all about that supposed spider post, mnn hmm. Did you catch the remarks made by Patterson about McD's sister and her husband?

I can't remember, will cameras be allowed at trial?

I haven't been able to track down a raw form, Knox, but I keep hoping and looking. (I missed a lot of it myself.) 13WMAZ revamped its web site fairly recently and it looks as though they no longer include a lot of types of things they once would have...and I'm still a little lost on their "improved" site, too.

I don't think any ruling has been made about cameras at the trial, that we know of. I'm not expecting that they will be banned, but who knows?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back