GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just MOO, but I find it more than irrelevant what this particular innocent individuals past or present indiscretions are.. I think it only leads to further slamming and speculation of again a person who is an innocent individual and in no way involved in the crimes committed on Lauren.. Therefor I personally will not be posting about, linking to, or passing judgement of any kind on this innocent individual that only by the words of an alleged brutal murderer is he even being known of to exist.. There are many, many who throughout their years of young adulthood, especially in speaking of males and usually involving alcohol, that make very poor decisions, immature actions and reactions that they're embarrassed and humiliated that they did.. However, no matter the excuse, nor no matter how common and frequently these type behaviors are exhibited in young adult males they do still carry a consequence which IMO has long since been paid..

Therefor I know personally if I were to ever have the misfortune of being drug into a nightmare of a situation(especially under the microscope of the public eye) such as this and by no doing of my own I wouldn't want my poor, immature judgement and decision making that resulted in a citation or other wise.. I know that it would be damaging in many ways including what some have already discounted as being relevant with this particular situation.. The defamation of character that as a result of Stephen's desperate need to point the finger of suspicion elsewhere landed unfortunately on this young man.. IMO I definitely feel as tho he is most certainly suffering some very real and relevant negativity being dumped on his reputation..

IMO the deeper that is dug into the past and present personal situations and circumstances of this innocent young man.. The longer his name is drug into the public arena of scrutiny and speculated, commented, and even by some possible theorizing of his involvement in Lauren's(his neighbor and classmate) heinous and brutal murder.. Only adding to further detriment and damage to this young man's life and reputation..

The less that is dug, the fewer comments are made, the quicker this innocent man's life is taken out of the media's spotlight.. And my hopes are that is accomplished much sooner rather than later which IMO will result in only MORE negative consequences for again, an innocent young man..

IMO enough pain, hurt, and truest of evil has already been inflicted on so very many people's innocent lives who will never recover and have the life they had some 7-8weeks ago.. IMO why in the world add another life ruined and destroyed when not in the least bit necessary?

Jmo, tho!

While I appreciate this article being brought to our attention, I must say that I feel the same
as many of you that this article should have never been printed by NewsCentral.

There was discussion earlier about the possibility of a libel charge against SM's mother by MM.
And while legally he would certainly appear to be within his rights to do so,
I personally think this woman's statements would be easily dismissed by most sensible people.
He would also probably not gain much from such a charge - in fact he would probably
bring even more attention to her ridiculous statements.

Fox/ABC/NewsCentral.... now that could be a different story all together.

From angelanalyzes: "He held onto her until the last possible moment, as if he couldn't bear to part with that last bit. JMO" ~ Very Good Point ! And I had forgotten Ted Bundy was a necrophile. McD has some character traits of Bundy and Dahmer.

Bundy was also a law student and used a hacksaw to cut off the heads of several of his victims.

In reference to all this talk about the MM, man I can't find the article and I just searched high and low, Jamie Gaudet, the police spokesperson says in an article after GMD blames the MM,- that the cops did not need to look at this suggestion anymore. They only looked into tips, leads and evidence. They did not even arrest SMD for five weeks. They took their time and the first day or night was standard questioning, since GMD made a statement about how their interrogation caused him to say the wrong things. -

If anyone can find this article, please post. Thanks.

[emphasis mine]

This is more in reference to Southern Comfort: arrest record ^
They both have arrest records, right?

I think the OP's point was that SM had no record prior to the discovery of LG's murder. Of course he has an arrest record now.

I think LE was addressing the weakness of the MM angle when they said they didn't do investigations based on accusations, only on facts, if I remember correctly.

This idea that McD planned this to "show his superior intellect" has been brought up several times now.
I'm not following this logic.
How could his getting away with murder accomplish this?
If they know, he didn't get away with it. :waitasec:

Well, perhaps all that really mattered to him [if you follow this logic] is the personal satisfaction of knowing he pulled it off, even if it's his secret.
But I'm with you, I don't think he would have chosen Lauren of all people to kill just to make a point to himself. If what we've heard is true, she was pretty good to him, if anything he killed her because he was TOO fond of her, imo. This wasn't some impersonal crime committed to challenge himself and prove his skills to himself, this has all the hallmarks of being quite personal, something of a lust murder.

In reference to all this talk about the MM, man I can't find the article and I just searched high and low, Jamie Gaudet, the police spokesperson says in an article after GMD blames the MM,- that the cops did not need to look at this suggestion anymore. They only looked into tips, leads and evidence. They did not even arrest SMD for five weeks. They took their time and the first day or night was standard questioning, since GMD made a statement about how their interrogation caused him to say the wrong things. -

I don't know if I should suggest this but maybe we need a thread for only newspaper articles, tv interviews and such-without commentaries. It might make it easier for reference and research.

This idea that McD planned this to "show his superior intellect" has been brought up several times now.
Haha! Good point, SS! However, the theory is that in his mind, getting away with this would have shown his fellows his brilliance. Because he wasn't as bright as he thought he was doesn't mean that wasn't his intention.

Here you go:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...tigation-Maintenance-Man-Story-126859243.html

ETA: It doesn't say that they don't need to look at this suggestion anymore. It says, "When asked about Glenda McDaniel's accusations against Dorer, Gaudet said, "We don't follow up on accusations, we follow up on leads, tips, and evidence." When asked specific questions about the individual in question, they dodged and gave no comment.

I keep seeing it stated that MM had access to all of the apts at BH.. With the "truth" being DD was never a "maintenance man" he was what is called a "resident contact".. Tho I question even the relevancy of his being named that when BB lives on the property and is the owner.. But whatever, he title was "resident contact" and not a maintenance man..

As I said it's been repeated and stated as tho it's proven, known fact that DD had access to all apts at BH.. Which has then led to speculation gone wild that due to his having access that somehow equals a greater possibility of his involvement in the murder and dismemberment of his neighbor amd classmate, Lauren Giddings..

I'd like to see where it's a stated, proven fact tht this innocent young man actually did even have access to all apts with a masterkey, like alleged murder Stephen is known for a fact to have??..

I am not stating that he did NOT have a masterkey and access to all apts.. I am asking to see where this proven fact is stated and by whom??

As we all see suddenly BB has kept her pie hole shut.. who beforehand couldn't say enough, or state her opinions and thoughts enough to the news media or anyone who'd listen..
Now when info she has that people are interested to know she suddenly seems pretty much mum..

I do remember early in the case tho that she made a statement to multiple media outlets EXACTLY WHO HAD A MASTERKEY TO THE BH APTS.. iirc the "resident contact" was NOT one of the people she stated(I definitely could be mistaken am only going on memory from having it read it when it was first stated several weeks ago)..

This seems to be assumed to be the case by many(not just here at WS) and I just would like to see where and by whom this assumption of his having a masterkey was derived..

Here you go:

http://www.newscentralga.com/news/l...tigation-Maintenance-Man-Story-126859243.html

ETA: It doesn't say that they don't need to look at this suggestion anymore. It says, "When asked about Glenda McDaniel's accusations against Dorer, Gaudet said, "We don't follow up on accusations, we follow up on leads, tips, and evidence." When asked specific questions about the individual in question, they dodged and gave no comment.

Thank you for posting the article. I am sorry if I did not get it completely correct, as I was going off memory, but this is a great statement from Gaudet, and hopefully it can possibly quiet down the theories that the MM guy has not been checked out, and MPD has taken considerable time on this case before even bringing any charges.

To add to my ^above^ lost I found the quote and link about who had master keys and it says NOTHING ABOUT A RESIDENT CONTACT HAVING MASTER KEYS..

Much different the owner states that ONLY 3 PEOPLE HAD A MASTER KEY TO THE BARRISTER APTS... THOSE 3 PEOPLE WERE HERSELF, HER BROTHER MARTYY(co owner), AND THE PROPERTY MANAGER..

This IMO clearly proving that DD never even had access to all apts as so many were believing him to have.. Infact it's only Glenda McDaniel who has stated this completely false allegation..

MM/DD, the "resident contact" at BH apts DID NOT HAVE IN HIS POSSESSION A MASTER KEY AND ACCESS TO ALL APTS!!!

[Building owner says only he, the other co-owner and the property manager have master keys....
http://www.gadailynews.com/news/mac...nd-in-apartment-of-giddings-x92-neighbor.html

To add to my ^above^ lost I found the quote and link about who had master keys and it says NOTHING ABOUT A RESIDENT CONTACT HAVING MASTER KEYS..

Much different the owner states that ONLY 3 PEOPLE HAD A MASTER KEY TO THE BARRISTER APTS... THOSE 3 PEOPLE WERE HERSELF, HER BROTHER MARTYY(co owner), AND THE PROPERTY MANAGER..

This IMO clearly proving that DD never even had access to all apts as so many were believing him to have.. Infact it's only Glenda McDaniel who has stated this completely false allegation..

MM/DD, the "resident contact" at BH apts DID NOT HAVE IN HIS POSSESSION A MASTER KEY AND ACCESS TO ALL APTS!!!

http://www.gadailynews.com/news/mac...nd-in-apartment-of-giddings-x92-neighbor.html

Do we know who the "property manager" is? I can't recall. I'm not looking to dredge up an(other) innocent name. I just want to be sure the "property manager" and "resident contact" are not the same person.

Haha! Good point, SS! However, the theory is that in his mind, getting away with this would have shown his fellows his brilliance. Because he wasn't as bright as he thought he was doesn't mean that wasn't his intention.
Ok... well, it doesn't make sense to me. But, I suppose it could have in his twisted mind :)

But, as AngelAnalyses pointed out, the details of this crime would suggest this was "personal".
Also, if you were doing this to basically prove to yourself that you could pull it off,
why would choose to do this while studying for the BAR?
I mean, if you're that proud of your own intellect, why risk under-performing on or failing the BAR
by depriving yourself of sleep and study time, adding stress, etc, etc...
I realize his mind is screwed up, but is intellect was intact enough to pass law school :)

There are other arguments that could be made, I'm sure.
And, when we finally get some more evidence disclosed,
I'm sure we'll have better ammunition to wage the wars of why :)
For now, I'm just not seeing it.

Thank you for posting the article. I am sorry if I did not get it completely correct, as I was going off memory, but this is a great statement from Gaudet, and hopefully it can possibly quiet down the theories that the MM guy has not been checked out, and MPD has taken considerable time on this case before even bringing any charges.

I didn't mean to sound as though I were faulting you for not remembering it word for word. I simply meant to point out what JG actually said, because I don't read it the way you do. I'd paraphrase it like this: "To the extent we are investigating the MM - and I'm not even going to say whether we are or we aren't - it is not due to any accusations by GM, but rather due to tips and evidence we have received."

Ok... well, it doesn't make sense to me. But, I suppose it could have in his twisted mind :)

But, as AngelAnalyses pointed out, the details of this crime would suggest this was "personal".
Also, if you were doing this to basically prove to yourself that you could pull it off,
why would choose to do this while studying for the BAR?

I mean, if you're that proud of your own intellect, why risk under-performing on or failing the BAR
by depriving yourself of sleep and study time, adding stress, etc, etc...
I realize his mind is screwed up, but is intellect was intact enough to pass law school :)

There are other arguments that could be made, I'm sure.
And, when we finally get some more evidence disclosed,
I'm sure we'll have better ammunition to wage the wars of why :)
For now, I'm just not seeing it.

In bold....very good point. It is so difficult to make any sense of this because the act is so irrational and senseless.

BBM

He hasnt been tried yet:sick:

But to TRULY get away with it, no one could know it was him who did it...so if that was his intention it was flawed from the get-go

I am curious about the TOS-I know we aren't allowed to sleuth innocent people or target them if they have not been named a POI. Since MM has been cleared by police does that mean we are not allowed to sleuth him? Or, is it different because this case is crazy and he is technically being accused by a lot of people of being the guilty party?
I will follow mod/admin judgment either way :) :)

I am not a mod/admin Darcyline, but to my knowledge this MM (or DD as he has now been identified) HAS NOT BEEN CLEARDED BY LE - it was his LAWYER who stated in the press that he was not a POI in this case, LE however, (again, to my knowledge) has not stated anything other than they are not talking about who they might be looking at (other than the obvious SM)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member