GA GA - Robert Ashworth, 24, Cartersville, 9 March 2005

I've been thinking about Robert. I'm thinking about the supposed job. Either Robert lied to the family about what the job was (informant, something illegal) or the job was a set-up. I wonder if its possible to go back now and check whom robert was on the phone with when he agreed to this job.

And the "traffic stop" has me perplexed.

I might have a lead, but not sure so don't get hopes up yet. I ran into a guy that is on parole or probation for running guns in and around GA. (He was part of a group I hired to move me a few years ago.) He wasn't ashamed to tell me this latest history since he says he is clean again, but I have not asked him yet about Robert (he is about the same age). I am sure I will see him again as I have run into him twice now in the past couple of months. I have a feeling he could open this up a bit. Last night at the grocery, he mentioned to me all the places he has been since I last saw him...one of those besides GA was FL. I just have to be careful...he knows where I still live. I just wanted you to know.

Great! Please keep me posted if you find out anything.
We were fortunate enough to be a guest on Blog Talk Radio with Jason Hess, and we are doing another show with Cari Stone, this Monday August 13. If your interested, please listen to any/all of them.
Thank you for assisting to help try to find Robert.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/feeds/GHOSTSUPPORT

-OR-

http://www.missingpieces.info/ (It is Episode # 44)

Great! I will do my best to be around to listen and will let you know on the other if anything comes of it.

For those interested: I have posted some new blogs on Robert's MySpace page. Although they are not in direct referrence to Robert's dissappearance, they are in reference to some of the goings on at our PD, & the dirty/corrupt LE that brushed Robert's case under the rug, then closed it.

It just sorta gives you an ideal of who the police are that we have had to endure through our search for Robert. These are partners of the same people who threatened to put my Mother in jail, if she filed another missing report on Robert.
www.myspace.com/robertleeashworth_red

Oh yeah.....Once again, for those interested, (I apologize if I have already posted this before): You can also get alittle more insight on one of the men who I know for a FACT knew Robert, and spoke to him very often, on a first name basis.
After Robert went missing, this man denied ever knowing my brother. He said he had no clue who he was, never spoke to him, never saw him,...zip! Then AFTER my Mother confronts him at one of his 'BAM' meetings, he was like...oh, uh, oh, duh,.. yeah, I know of him, but not personally, or anything like that. - - - - What is up with THAT!?

It is an open forum, but it is very interesting to read if you've got a minute or two.
http://www.topix.net/forum/county/bartow-ga
Click on either of the topics that read Garmon. They are both about the same person/people, and they both have different things on them, so check each of them out.

There is so much about this case that is so "undetermined" or what I would consider "iffy". I want to know the truth. What was going on at the time and what do people know? I feel there is so much "undertow" on this one that the truth has to be there somewhere...but until someone is totally honest...we can't begin to find him.

I went with a friend down to the Cherokee County PD to speak with the detective working on Steve Lankester's case and the subject of Robert Ashworth came up. The detective and his captain both said "Robert is alive and not hiding out. I saw him washing police cars the other day." Would not tell me where they saw him but insisted he WAS alive. It just does not make sense. It seems if he were not hiding out then his large extended family would have seen him around. When I got home yesterday I called his sister Tonya to tell her about what they had said. Now the interesting part is that Cherokee is not even the county that was in charge of his case originally. Bartow county (a sister county) was the one who had his case. They also mentioned he had just renewed his driver's license..... how would they know this?? Why are they keeping such close tabs on him??

I told his sister Tonya she should call the detective today and ask him where she could see Robert for herself. As his sister she just wants to see for herself that he is okay. She says that if he does not want contact with her or the family it will hurt but she will respect his wishes and stop wasting her time looking for him.

All 3 of these cases have been 'iffy', SS...so much conflicting info.

Thanks GG for posting this update for everyone.

I say if Robert is hiding out, he should be found and made to stand up to his obligation of caring for his children!

As discussed via tele last evening, I would advise the 'babies mommas' to get busy!

I pray that he is alive and well, but to hurt the family this was is inexcusable to me, and to walk out on all your children.

He needs to take responsibility.

Maybe we are closer to answers on this case.

Here's what I don't get, why does GBI show him still listed as missing, I spoke to the Missing dept about him last week, was going to follow up this week to see about getting him officially listed again and getting a new case # so we can start getting his face out there again...maybe I will not push this for a bit, let's see what happens when Mom talks to LE.

I hope he is alive.

I agree the way to find him is to get the child support people on him.

Hello everyone. I read over the new post. I agree, I agree. Yes, Lt. Edwards did say that Robert was 'washing police cars, not hiding'. I called my Daddy, and my Mother and told them both what was said. They told me that for one, not just anybody can wash police cars, the ones that do are in prison, or an inmate at the county jail, possibly on work release. Well, when I checked, Robert was not in any prisons in GA. Lt. Edwards also said that Robert just got his D.L. renewed a couple of weeks ago, which, if he were in jail, wouldn't have been possible. If he is not hiding, as stated by the lt. then he would not be in protective custody, and would have no reason to go by a different idenity, right? Also, his d.l. renewed? He fisrt got his dl when he was 16,....four years later, it would be time for renewal, he would have been 20. Ok, fours years from that, (May 2004) he would have been 24 years old, time again for renewal. That was still his age when he went missing in March 2005. September 2005, he was supposedly 'found during a rountine traffic stop' which would imply Robert still had a d.l., (or some form of ID) that he got the previous year on his b-day in 2004. If Georgia's policy reguarding how long your d.l. is good for had NOT changed yet, then that would mean renewal time for Robert would be May 2008, if the policy HAD changed by then, then Robert's renewal time would be May 2009, if he chose the 5 year duration. So, if either of those two are the case, then why would he be getting his renewal a year or two early? Even if he had 'lost' his d.l. (suspened), that would not be a renewal, it would be a reinstatement. If he had moved, and was wanting to changed the address on his d.l., then the state of Ga allows you to do that one time free of charge, (I copied and pasted this from ggs.ga.gov web site): Please update your address within 60 days of moving as required by law. You may visit any Customer Service Center to obtain a free replacement license. The replacement license will be valid for the current renewal period, or if it’s within 150 days of the original expiration date,....

So, to me that story makes no sence....any way that I view it, it would not have been time to renew his license. Lt. Edwards was at work on Monday 9-10-07, in Cherokee county, and supposedly he saw Robert washing police cars is what he said Tuesday. So, was Robert in Cherokee County? We have many many relatives in that county, and surely not just the police would have seen him! If he's not in the jail, and he's not hiding, and they knew him as soon as they saw him washing these cars, then his appearance must not have changed too much, so he could be reconized by friends and family, if he was out in public, not hiding. And Robert didn't wash cars,...he did landscaping for a living, and it pays alot better!! I'm am very much even more confused now,....what is going on!! There is just something that is not adding up to me. Is there something that I am not seeing?

Hokey,
something is very weird. Anyone in the family able to afford a PI? This really needs to be resolved.

and the child support angle - well thats like a FREE PI.

I am starting to think he is working with the Cherokee County PD in some capacity-IF he is alive. They obviously have a relationship with him since they know what he is doing at any given time.

Does anyone have any ideas about how we could find out if he IS working for them??

I started a thread on Topix net about him hoping some locals may have some info. You do not have to register there to post so people may be more likely to post something.....

Cross your fingers!

A young man I know was on probation and required to wash police cars on Saturdays as part of it.

A young man I know was on probation and required to wash police cars on Saturdays as part of it.

Exactly right Sewing, washing cars for LE is a big probation assignment....maybe he is on probation?

I never got a call back from the bond people, they wouldn't tell me anyting while talking, I asked for the person in charge to ring me, that was awhile ago.

I have something up my sleeve, going to make a call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back