GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
True true... I shouldn't have said that about DT (gods know I got tired of reporting people who badmouth defense attorneys in previous trials!).

I believe each charge can carry a penalty of up to 10 years so she could potentially end up in Club Fed for a coupla decades

Just going to jump in here uninvited...it would be state time, and since the acts were all performed in the course of the same situation/circumstance, I would guess they would be served concurrently, at least some of them, anyway. She would be locked up in a Georgia prison and be doing some hard time. I would guess she wouldn't receive more than 5-10 years total, but I would love to be wrong about that! JMO

Just going to jump in here uninvited...it would be state time, and since the acts were all performed in the course of the same situation/circumstance, I would guess they would be served concurrently, at least some of them, anyway. She would be locked up in a Georgia prison and be doing some hard time. I would guess she wouldn't receive more than 5-10 years total, but I would love to be wrong about that! JMO

I am thinking 10 years max.

I am so glad the jury in this case gets to see the earlier testimony of AS...as her own lawyers say "a certain degree of tenacity"

True true... I shouldn't have said that about DT (gods know I got tired of reporting people who badmouth defense attorneys in previous trials!).

I believe each charge can carry a penalty of up to 10 years so she could potentially end up in Club Fed for a coupla decades

bbm - A big Thank You, seachiq!! :seeya:

Those sound like decent penalties -- perjury is a Pretty Big Deal in my book -- I'd sure like to see her reaction if/when she is sentenced. Facing 20 years... Can you imagine?! She just might burst into a million little pieces right there in the courtroom before our very eyes. Kaa-blooey!!

But I also think that's chump-change to what she should actually get, IMO. But she is no longer charged with those.... but they could bring 'em back... but I doubt that will happen...

On with the show...

Had to bail on the live testimony for this trial. While I believe AS is guilty of murder the beginning of this trial is awful IMO. The State needs to open with more powerful information......perhaps Rusty's dad....but this pace and questioning leave a lot to be desired and it is opening day.

See you later WSers ....will read your posts and TIA for the updates.

I hope so Seattle...and I hope there is a shelf life on the possibility of her accepting any plea deal to stop the trial.
The lawyers that were doing the commentary during the break said there was no time limit on the defense deciding to accept a deal. That really didn't seem right but I don't know, seem there should be a point of no return.

In a couple of other trials where pleas were offered and refused, in NC courts at least, a plea-bargain can be made & accepted up until the jury comes back with a verdict -- BUT -- the pre-trial plea is often & usually only good until the actual trial starts and then the plea is off the table. Other plea-bargains can be struck, however.

I am so glad the jury in this case gets to see the earlier testimony of AS...as her own lawyers say "a certain degree of tenacity"

I didn't hear the words "a certain degree of veracity" -- did anyone else? (shame, shame on me)

someone please tell the defense attorney to speak into the microphone

Had to bail on the live testimony for this trial. While I believe AS is guilty of murder the beginning of this trial is awful IMO. The State needs to open with more powerful information......perhaps Rusty's dad....but this pace and questioning leave a lot to be desired and it is opening day.

See you later WSers ....will read your posts and TIA for the updates.

Just to put you up to speed, she is not charged with murder. She is charged with perjury, and I believe obstruction.

Oh, of course the tree cutters just left and I missed all afternoon! Thanks, everyone, for the updates!

ETA: Is there anywhere I can watch what I missed? TIA!

I think it was not a bad day for the Prosecution Team -- they scored a couple of points, IMO. I like the style of the PT so far. My "jury" is still out on the Def Team, but so far not impressed, but I'll bet they didn't come cheaply... The glimpses I've had of AS have, IMO, shown her to be not pleased...

Hi All. Just home from work and reading your posts to catch up on today's trial. I find this case very interesting.

Just to put you up to speed, she is not charged with murder. She is charged with perjury, and I believe obstruction.

Sorry I realize I wasn't clear...I know the charges in this trial. I think the State is still pretty lame with this trial and their opening.

I believe the State is fumbling the ball in the obstruction and perjury because they were preparing for the murder charges and had to settle at this time for obstruction etc.

Really hope these charges garner a guilty conviction and then down the line AS can be charged further for murder or an accessory.....but the opening day today was weak.

Thanks again ...will keep up with AS on here!

Oh, of course the tree cutters just left and I missed all afternoon! Thanks, everyone, for the updates!

ETA: Is there anywhere I can watch what I missed? TIA!

In other trials there is frequently someone posting testimony on YouTube. But maybe 11alive.com will have a link to watch. :seeya:

Although I haven't watched it yet, it looks like the fabulous Croakerqueen123 has already posted today's trial on YouTube:

[video=youtube;gYdM7-JGZEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYdM7-JGZEA[/video]

In other trials there is frequently someone posting testimony on YouTube. But maybe 11alive.com will have a link to watch. :seeya:

:seeya:

TY, Tipstaff! I'll find it somewhere!

ETA: Crokerqueen has come through again!!

Gosh. I missed the first day of AS watching the Josh Young trial on HLN!!! are there any estimates on the length of this trial? TIA
Good to see everyone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member