GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

I'm very happy to hear that Sheriff Sill Continues to investigate and leverage other resources. And I'm especially happy to hear that one of those is @othram !

Hoping that this leads to the break that this case needs. This is one of my top five cases that I would love to be solved in my lifetime. I have my theories, of course, and would be interested in what people thought of the son's statements. I thought it was stilted and odd, but that could have been grief.

You are correct up to a point, and then you get it wrong. Just as the ring size of a fat finger must be larger than for that same finger when it was smaller, the roughly half circle resulting from printing the fat finger has a larger half circumference and will produce a wider print on flat paper than the smaller, slender finger print. Both will have the same height. By increasing the width of the print but leaving the height the same, two differing fingerprints result from the same finger, one for fat the other for slender.
but the type of print is unlikely to change, i'm pretty sure. slender or fat, if your print is a whorl it's going to stay a whorl, no?

Hey, they found some unknown dna. @othram is helping! I hope this is the breakthrough they need!

oh boy....crossing my fingers this is actually something and not just random inconsequential previously unknown DNA from like a friend or neighbor that is completely unrelated to the crime.

The sheriff hopes the reward, which could possibly double if other donors come through, will spur tipsters.
“Here’s $25,000,” Sills said, addressing potential informants. “And there’s a possibility there’s another $30,000. And if you want to collect this, now’s the time to give us a call. Because if our DNA research pans out, we won’t need your call.”

The DNA that Sills referred to involved traces of cellular evidence detected on a clothing item that Russell Dermond, 88, had on at the time of his death.

On the morning of May 6, 2014, his decapitated body was found on the floor of his two-car garage in the Great Waters subdivision. It’s believed the killing took place a couple of days prior. The body of his wife, Shirley Dermond, 87, turned up May 16, 2014. It had been weighed down with concrete blocks and dumped in the water 5 miles down the lake.

From that article: But in a one-on-one interview with FBI Special Agent Andy Smith, who has been involved with the Dermond double murder for nine years, told Winne that there are new leads not just on the DNA front, but concerning cellphones too.

BBM. Oooh cellphone evidence! Even more promising!

This is probably the strangest case I've ever followed, and I didn't have much hope because of what I thought were major errors early on. This is incredibly exciting news, as it appears they actually have something to work with. It really didn't seem like they did up until now. I'm just glad the Feds are the ones chasing this down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back