GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I think it will be difficult to solve for a lot of reasons and even more difficult to prosecute someone unless there's a DNA match and then a defense attorney will have a field day with all the mistakes and other poi in this case

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I have 2 theories . First JP was jealous of Tara's other dalliances and killed her. Or one of the others enlisted his help. But I have no doubt JP was involved. To see the kind of power the man has in Ocilla, look at the car. He had it detailed with no punishment or consequences. He had access to gloves through his wife. He had keys to her house and keys to her car. And soon after the disappearance, he had a concrete slab poured on his property. Why? Ya'll can talk emails and MH and black trucks all day... JP holds the key to this thing

We are so on the same page regarding JP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This line of thinking seems most relevant to me, Tara state of mind, behaviors and the known conflicts with MH.

Multiple details like the dates and number of recent interactions don't match with MH statements in the press. He also seemed to really downplay other things that could point suspicion his way, such as he did things with her once in a while over the last year like going to a movie that summer; Dr G has mentioned they went on a trip to Florida together that summer. Things that lower suspicion he emphasized; e.g. she told him she was going to kill herself and that she returned to give him one last hug goodbye.

I would like to know this as well. Early on when press focused on known investigations of AV, MH and HD, an article mentioned a list of 3 additional men Tara had relationships worth investigating. I had posed on the podcast discussion Jim Hickey as one, boyfriend seen at the parade as two, and third unknown? Dr G had offered up the name Stuart Griffin, but haven't seen mention if he was with her at the parade or someone else.

Regarding that trip, I recall reading that Tara confided to both Anita and Larry -upon returning from the trip - that MH's temper was starting to scare her. That was just a few months before her disappearance. There's a conflict between him saying he was over her, and then hearing the podcast interview with a young lady saying he got very angry two weeks earlier when she attended the parade with another "boyfriend".

I think MH got off on Tara pining over him. He egged it on by always giving her just that tiny bit of hope. I can see him getting angry about her being at the parade because that implied she may not have been as miserable without him as he had hoped. He was losing his grip on her, so to speak. He liked the idea of having the popular beauty queen head over heels in love with him. She was his fallback girl.

Actually when mh found out about the Vickers incident and learned that HD was there he thought she had moved on and would leave him along

Sundrop, do you really think MH wanted to be left alone?

Didn't MH and Tara go away together 2 or 3 months before her disappearance, which was after MH found out about HD and "wanted to be left alone"?

I personally don't think that someone who wants to be left alone turns around and goes on a trip with that person after the fact.

I think mh did play a role in tugging at Tara's emotions

She was good for his ego. I think he enjoyed her suffering and crying over him.

Actually when mh found out about the Vickers incident and learned that HD was there he thought she had moved on and would leave him along

Sundrop, do you really think MH wanted to be left alone?

Didn't MH and Tara go away together 2 or 3 months before her disappearance, which was after MH found out about HD and "wanted to be left alone"?

I personally don't think that someone who wants to be left alone turns around and goes on a trip with that person after the fact.

I totally agree.

At the end of the day, I just really hope and pray that there are answers for Tara's disappearance one day. I hope that someone who really knows what happened to Tara will be a hero and provide that information to the right person(s). I've got my family here with me tonight. I know where my children are and that they're safe. Someone took that away from the Grinstead's, and no one should have to wonder daily where their loved one is, what fate they may have met. It's hard for me to imagine what Tara may have went through, so I can't imagine how wondering would weigh on a family member, much less a parent. I've no doubt whatsoever that people who do know regularly browse these websites to see how close someone is to finding the truth, whether or not their name is mentioned in a comment. I hope someday that they have the guts to come forward and give Tara's family answers. And I'll continue to hold out hope, regardless of how small the chances are, that Tara will come home.

At the end of the day, I just really hope and pray that there are answers for Tara's disappearance one day. I hope that someone who really knows what happened to Tara will be a hero and provide that information to the right person(s). I've got my family here with me tonight. I know where my children are and that they're safe. Someone took that away from the Grinstead's, and no one should have to wonder daily where their loved one is, what fate they may have met. It's hard for me to imagine what Tara may have went through, so I can't imagine how wondering would weigh on a family member, much less a parent. I've no doubt whatsoever that people who do know regularly browse these websites to see how close someone is to finding the truth, whether or not their name is mentioned in a comment. I hope someday that they have the guts to come forward and give Tara's family answers. And I'll continue to hold out hope, regardless of how small the chances are, that Tara will come home.

I agree OO7mom. I believe that someone knows at least a vital detail that will help find Tara (or at least what happened to her)
With over a decade of unsubstantiated leads & tips each one still matters and I feel that all information no matter how small the tipster might feel it is or if they think it is probably already known should be shared.
You mentioned that you have your family close tonight.....
I'm spending time with my parents tonight, cherishing every moment.
I'm a single woman in my early 30s much like Tara was. I thought tonight of what my disappearance would do to my incredible family. I know that without a doubt like the Grinsteads they would never give up. I also thought of all of the contributors to this websleuths page & how appreciated they would be as complete strangers. Sometimes it can feel hopeless & it would be easy to just say "oh this will never get solved, we don't know much more than we did 12 yrs ago etc etc..." But we keep Tara's name uttered daily. We keep asking questions. We keep demanding answers. Whether they come soon or another 12 yrs from now I choose to believe they will come because we are here and we care! (& we are going to keep asking & demanding!)

Hug those kiddos no matter how old they are tonight OO7mom ❤

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I agree OO7mom. I believe that someone knows at least a vital detail that will help find Tara (or at least what happened to her)
With over a decade of unsubstantiated leads & tips each one still matters and I feel that all information no matter how small the tipster might feel it is or if they think it is probably already known should be shared.
You mentioned that you have your family close tonight.....
I'm spending time with my parents tonight, cherishing every moment.
I'm a single woman in my early 30s much like Tara was. I thought tonight of what my disappearance would do to my incredible family. I know that without a doubt like the Grinsteads they would never give up. I also thought of all of the contributors to this websleuths page & how appreciated they would be as complete strangers. Sometimes it can feel hopeless & it would be easy to just say "oh this will never get solved, we don't know much more than we did 12 yrs ago etc etc..." But we keep Tara's name uttered daily. We keep asking questions. We keep demanding answers. Whether they come soon or another 12 yrs from now I choose to believe they will come because we are here and we care! (& we are going to keep asking & demanding!)

Hug those kiddos no matter how old they are tonight OO7mom [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Perfectly said. [emoji173]

Sundrop according to this article regarding the draining of the pond, J.T. Ricketson of the GBI says:

"But he says there are some key items they're looking for but can't name.

There are some things we don't have in our possession. When we went and did a search on her house and her property and so forth that we don't have that are gone....."

Do you have any idea what items he is referencing that are gone from the property.

http://wfxl.com/news/local/missing-pieces-in-the-tara-grinstead-puzzle

It seems Tara's house was never treated like a crime scene & nor was access controlled.

Dr. Godwin, what about the rumors about her being buried in a well? I have heard from more than one that she was thrown down an old well in Ocilla then covered with sod.

There are 2 JPs in this case. Georgia JP or Ohio JP? TIA. I just want to be sure I'm following y'all on this. I still honestly have no clue what is going on b/c once I think I know, something changes my mind. Sigh- how frustrating and heart breaking for all involved.

Sundrop according to this article regarding the draining of the pond, J.T. Ricketson of the GBI says:

"But he says there are some key items they're looking for but can't name.

There are some things we don't have in our possession. When we went and did a search on her house and her property and so forth that we don't have that are gone....."

Do you have any idea what items he is referencing that are gone from the property.

http://wfxl.com/news/local/missing-pieces-in-the-tara-grinstead-puzzle

It seems Tara's house was never treated like a crime scene & nor was access controlled.
It was never treated like a crime scene. There were neighbors who did not even know Tara around and in the house

Dr. Godwin, what about the rumors about her being buried in a well? I have heard from more than one that she was thrown down an old well in Ocilla then covered with sod.
Yes those rumors about wells were numerous in 2005 and 06 but which of the 500 +wells in Irwin County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member