GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

Ryan Duke Trial Pretrial Hearing Part 1 11/26/18

"A pretrial hearing in the case against Ryan Alexander Duke, the man charged with murdering teacher Tara Grinstead. Prosecutors in Irwin County, Georgia say the victim was killed by Duke. Bo Dukes (no relation) allegedly helped cover up the crime. Both men are her former high school students."

--------------

Ryan Duke Pretrial Hearing Part 2 11/26/18

-----------------

Ryan Duke Pretrial Hearing Part 3 11/26/18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#RyanDuke #Tara #UpandVanished
Andell Brown & Jesse Weber Talk Ryan Duke Pretrial Hearing 11/26/18

(starts @ 4:13)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#RyanDuke #TaraGrinstead #UpandVanished
Philip Holloway & Bob Bianchi Talk Ryan Duke Pretrial Hearing 11/26/18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complied from article:

12/8/18 Update: From leaked documents: Before Duke appeared in court for the first time last year, GBI agents said he spent nearly four hours confessing. In the documents (11 pages), an agent wrote that Duke told investigators he was looking for drug money when he broke into a random house and tried to steal Grinstead's purse and keys. When she caught him in the act, he punched her, which led to her death, Duke reportedly said. "I was involved with it, man," Duke apparently told investigators. "I was alone that night. I killed her." In the documents, he is quoted as saying, "I was a coward or I would have told this a long time ago. I am ashamed of my behavior and hiding a lie." Duke said he called Grinstead's home from a pay phone hours after the attack to see if she would answer. Agents wrote in the report they had known for years about a phone call from that phone. "The fact that Duke knew about the telephone call was knowledge only known by the GBI and guilty persons," agents wrote. After he called and she didn't answer, Duke said he went back to the house and removed her body. He claimed he came back to the home a few hours later, wrapped Grinstead's body in a blanket and placed it in the back of a truck that belonged to his friend, Bo Dukes. He said he then took the body to a pecan orchard and dumped it. Later, Duke said he and Dukes came back, moved Grinstead's body deeper into the woods and burned it. "The burning of Grinstead's body took several days, and they returned to the burn pile only once to re-burn the body and throw trash into the burn pile," agents said Duke told them. "I know I'm going to prison," Duke also apparently said.
At the end of the confession, agents wrote that Duke expressed remorse. "I'm sorry for the pain I've caused. I took her life. She didn't deserve that," Duke apparently said.

... double post - WS is wacky this morning.

Unfortunately, this leak could end up preventing a successful prosecution. This is terribly irresponsible on the part of whomever leaked it and put it on the internet.

I would imagine the best that can be hoped for now, would be a plea deal. I feel sorry for the family who all they want is justice. Prayers to them.

Duke claims he didn’t kill Grinstead, but was involved in cover-up

December 12, 2018

"The man accused of killing a South Georgia teacher was on drugs when he confessed to the GBI, his attorneys said this week. Ryan Alexander Duke says he didn’t kill Tara Grinstead, but was involved in covering up her death, attorney Ashleigh Merchant told Channel 2 Action News.

“His statement will be that he was involved somewhat, but not that he was not involved in any of the crimes that he is charged with,” Merchant said.

Duke’s latest explanation for his involvement in Grinstead’s death is drastically different than what he told investigators the day of his February 2017 arrest. According to documents leaked last week that appear to be from the GBI’s case file, Duke confessed to investigators. He offered his motive and an apology for Grinstead’s killing, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported last week. ...

Both Duke and Dukes have entered “not guilty” pleas. ...

A judge has set a trial date of April 1 for Duke. But his defense team is seeking to have the trial moved out of Irwin County. "

Duke claims he didn’t kill Grinstead, but was involved in cover-up
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought he was recalled to jail because of probation violations

is there a separate thread for the bo dukes manhunt? I can't find one

Im sorry guys but BD is causing me great alarm. IMO, I know this will sound bizarre My speculation starts here: I cant help but wonder if RD was told he murdered Tara after a blackout drunk, he called her house b/c he didnt believe it. Once he called, somebody, his buddy, was on hand to make a comment: "see, I told you, she didnt pick up bc you murdered her, you need help man, come on I'll help you hide her body, I care about you as my friend" bla bla bla. I just find it very hard to believe a man that' kidnapped and raped 2 women had no part in Tara's demise. Did RD give a true detailed account in his confession? Or, did it sound like somebody told him what he did? And NO I am NOT referring to LE at all. I keep hearing these ppl that know RD say he is not capable of murder. None of us think that about our friends. But, holy cow this guy BD takes the cake, seriously? Did this guy kidnap and rape 2 women? Has RD ever been a threat to anybody? In all the talk I've heard the opposite. I'm not on their side. I just want the right man in prison for the crime. I dont know them, I didnt know Tara. I did help search for her in a ground search, that's my only connection. This gets more bizarre with each report. ALL IMOO. Tara's family needs swift justice. BD is one manipulative man, it certainly appears to be the case IMOO. Edit add: idk what to think anymore. Birds of a feather?

Last edited:
Im sorry guys but BD is causing me great alarm. IMO, I know this will sound bizarre My speculation starts here: I cant help but wonder if RD was told he murdered Tara after a blackout drunk, he called her house b/c he didnt believe it. Once he called, somebody, his buddy, was on hand to make a comment: "see, I told you, she didnt pick up bc you murdered her, you need help man, come on I'll help you hide her body, I care about you as my friend" bla bla bla. I just find it very hard to believe a man that' kidnapped and raped 2 women had no part in Tara's demise. Did RD give a true detailed account in his confession? Or, did it sound like somebody told him what he did? And NO I am NOT referring to LE at all. I keep hearing these ppl that know RD say he is not capable of murder. None of us think that about our friends. But, holy cow this guy BD takes the cake, seriously? Did this guy kidnap and rape 2 women? Has RD ever been a threat to anybody? In all the talk I've heard the opposite. I'm not on their side. I just want the right man in prison for the crime. I dont know them, I didnt know Tara. I did help search for her in a ground search, that's my only connection. This gets more bizarre with each report. ALL IMOO. Tara's family needs swift justice. BD is one manipulative man, it certainly appears to be the case IMOO. Edit add: idk what to think anymore. Birds of a feather?

Reminds me of the Natalie Holloway case when they just wouldn't pin anything on Joran. Then he goes and murders ANOTHER woman. You just can't change a leopard's spot. I agree with you and so many others. He's more likely the killer that duped Ryan into believing another scenario. So frustrating to watch this unfold and unfathomably agonizing for the family of Tara. The suicide "card" is also frustrating. I'm thinking "Oh heck no, you had better not! We need to get this settled with the TRUTH!"

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back