Identified! GA - Woman found off 320 in Franklin County - Leslie Adams

http://www.examiner.com/a-728691~Skeletal_remains_found_near_Interstate_85.html

The special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Athens office -- John Heinen -- says it could be a few days before a forensic anthropologist with the agency is able to determine the person's identity, age and cause of death. Heinen says officials have determined that the remains are those of a woman.

Map of area and more info at link above.

That article was May 15th. Hopefully there will be some news today. Someone's family needs to have answers on what happened to their loved one.

Yes. May 15th. No updates so far in todays news. All Articles posted so far say Tuesday at the earliest for identification using remains and clothing found from what I have read so far. This one looked even less promising as far as any possible identification...with remains found at present...

UPDATE: 5/17/2007 -Skeletal remains discovered in Carnesville swamp:

http://www.franklincountycitizen.com/articles/2007/05/17/news/news01.txt

Although some bones have been located, the skull is not among the recovered remains.

Thomas also said that there were no records of missing females in Franklin County, as of press time.

Although officials are not sure of the age of the body, they said that the remains have been in the swampy area for approximately three years.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/2007/may/16/search-continues-parts-womans-skeleton/

They now say they think she died between 2005 and February of this year. They said 2 people are still missing from Georgia in that time (probably Tara Grinstead and Leslie Adams). I still say though if it could have been as late as February of this year that they should also consider Theresa Parker, the 911 operator, that went missing at the end of March b/c that would not even be 2 months later than their timeframe and they could be off. There are things that could be done to speed the decompensation process like burning parts of the body and skin before dumping the bones, which could have made the scatter of bones happen faster, or dismembering the body parts. Maybe they will at least look into this possibility if it turns out not to be Tara or Leslie............

Pandora, The link isn't working for me. Please see if it still works for you... Thank you.

Yes now we have two bodies showing up in Ga.

Actually, that makes 3 female bodies when you count the one found last month in Augusta. That one had been there for approximately 3 months but they haven't revealed any other info.

I got a google alert and it said that GBI needed help identifying the remains. It was on onlineAthens.com but it won't let me register. Can someone else try ? Thanks.

I got a google alert and it said that GBI needed help identifying the remains. It was on onlineAthens.com but it won't let me register. Can someone else try ? Thanks.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/052207/news_20070522056.shtml

I am registered at onlineAthens and here is the clothing description...

The clothing includes a pair of black Reebok Classic high-top tennis shoes, woman's size 81/2; a medium size, dark colored, long-sleeved Chesley brand sweater; a pair of size 10, dark-colored Courtenay brand Capri pants; and a pair of white athletic socks with gray toes delineated by a green stripe. A breast implant also was found with the woman's remains.

There are pictures at the site of the clothing.

You could always try bugmenot for access cp!

With the sweater and capris, we can assume in this area the victim went missing in the Fall.

Capris wouldn't be usual attire for Winter and a sweater wouldn't be Spring or Summer.

The sweater looked to be open down the front, as if maybe a tee shirt of sorts could have been worn underneath. This could mean it was still warm enough during the day for a tee shirt and capris and in the evening a sweater was needed.

The high top tennis shoes and the capris have me in a quandry...

I just can't see Tara wearing capris and high top black tennis shoes...

In fact, from all photographs I have ever seen, I can't see her in the button down the front sweater with tee shirt underneath, with capris on either....

Would this fit Leslie Adams or Theresa Parker's style of dress more than Tara's?

The breast implants should have a serial number on it. Mine does. I have a card with the maker and serial number in my purse... and saw a Forensic Files show where they used this information to identify a body one time! I even joked with my husband that he could always fine me because of the Serial number on my implants!

I'm betting tara is smaller than a size 10. Not that that's big, but tara is tiny.

Investigators may be able to use the serial number on the breast implants to determine if they once belonged to Leslie Adams.

Adams, 40, was reported missing in October, 2005. Officers found a shell casing and blood in her apartment.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97457

Also, However, in Adams’ request (talking about the RO against Cook), she filled in a checklist of what she says Cook did to her, which included choking, hitting, stalking her, in addition to being jealous and controlling of her or threatening to kill her.

Investigators may be able to use the serial number on the breast implants to determine if they once belonged to Leslie Adams.

Adams, 40, was reported missing in October, 2005. Officers found a shell casing and blood in her apartment.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=97457

Also, However, in Adams’ request (talking about the RO against Cook), she filled in a checklist of what she says Cook did to her, which included choking, hitting, stalking her, in addition to being jealous and controlling of her or threatening to kill her.

Today, I posted a link on the Leslie Adams thread, to an article which states that the Gwinnett Police say there was no serial number found...on the implant found with the remains and that investigators are looking into the doctor's records who performed the procedure on Leslie Adams in order to contact the manufacturer so that investigators can make comparisons in the type of implant the doctor used on Leslie and the one found near the remains to identify any similarities between the implants...

Today, I posted a link on the Leslie Adams thread, to an article which states that the Gwinnett Police say there was no serial number found...on the implant found with the remains and that investigators are looking into the doctor's records who performed the procedure on Leslie Adams in order to contact the manufacturer so that investigators can make comparisons in the type of implant the doctor used on Leslie and the one found near the remains to identify any similarities between the implants...

Thanks for the update.

Actually, that makes 3 female bodies when you count the one found last month in Augusta. That one had been there for approximately 3 months but they haven't revealed any other info.

What the big secrecy? There should be DNA matches from the bones. This is becoming a pattern. :doh:

I also keep thinking about the mother and daughter recently who went missing from Georgia.

If any of these are Tara Grinstead, I would certainly hope that her parents are pushing for expediency for identification purposes.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back