General discussion thread No. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point it was said I think by Gerry that this informaiton was being with held for reasons in regards to the perp. The way I remember it was the LE suggested that they not release a lot of details about Madeleine's appearance or habits.

I have been looking for days, and I can't find it...maybe one of you "in the know" can help. Is there ANYWHERE that has Maddies Height and weight at her disappearance? Is this info being withheld, or am I just not looking in the right place? It is not on their website that I can see.

Sorry if this has been hashed over a million times.

I belive on the PL missing children website there is.I will go and see if I can find the link.

Here it is: http://www.icmec.org/missingkids/se...ng=en_X1&orgPrefix=ICMC&caseNum=1003&seqNum=1

[SIZE=+1]View Poster[/SIZE]
Supported By:
ICMC_en_X1.gif
International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children [SIZE=+1]MADELEINE BETH MCCANN[/SIZE]Case Type: MissingDOB: May 12, 2003Missing Date: May 3, 2007Sex: FemaleAge Now: 4Height: 90 cm (2'11")Missing City: PRAIA DA LUZWeight: UnknownMissing State : Hair Color: BlondeMissing Country: PortugalEye Color: GreenCase Number: ICMC1003

Thanks ladies and /or gentlemen! So it is true that she was short for her age. Both of my sons where exactly 3' on their 3rd birthdays, (I remember measuring them to see if the old wives tale is true that they will be exactly double their 3 yr. height in adulthood...LOL) and they where both average on growth charts. The little girl I babysat yesterday is 26 mo and is 2'9" but she is a little tall for her age..

I'm trying to find any facts to support my Theory that she might have had developmental delays.

It is strange that her weight is unknown.

AquaEyes: I nearly threw a clot, when I read this statement a couple of days ago. The McCanns are so full of crap. There, I've said it. Grieving parents, bla bla bla, and all the rest. I have been sitting on the fence from time to time, and now I am simply fed up with the McCann's b.s.

The McCanns are just like OJ...they don't know when to shut up.

Found this interesting. It's part of an interview with Mrs. McCann, found in the Daily Mail and the Times today. The statements are odd.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=482379&in_page_id=1770

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances."
Asked about whether the decision to leave them meant she and her husband were responsible for their daughter's disappearance, she said: "It cannot be considered a crime.
"Someone committed one, but not us."

My response to Kate's statements:
"I went through a phase of guilt for not knowing what happened to her. I blamed myself for thinking that the place was safe. She doesn't feel guilty any more, she got past that point???

"But the certainty that we are truly responsible parents has helped me carry on. No,you are not truly responsible parents if you leave your 2 and 3 year old children alone while you go out to dinner.

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances." IF you had been there, this would not have happened!!!!

"I went through a phase of guilt for not knowing what happened to her. I blamed myself for thinking that the place was safe. She doesn't feel guilty any more, she got past that point???

"But the certainty that we are truly responsible parents has helped me carry on. No,you are not truly responsible parents if you leave your 2 and 3 year old children alone while you go out to dinner.

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances." IF you had been there, this would not have happened!!![/quote]
I totally agree with every thing you said except the last statement...I think if they would have had a sitter this would have never happened...IMHO!

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances." IF you had been there, this would not have happened!!!! [/quote]

I totally agree with every thing you said except the last statement...I think if they would have had a sitter this would have never happened...IMHO!

No, I'm telling the McCanns that if they had been at home with the children (or, had a sitter), like they should have, being that they are truly responsible parents, that this would not have HAPPENED!!!!

No, I'm telling the McCanns that if they had been at home with the children (or, had a sitter), like they should have, being that they are truly responsible parents, that this would not have HAPPENED!!!!

;) LOL... I know what you ment, (and I agree) I just think she might have still ended up "missing" even with the parents there...It would just be a different tall tale.

I think it's odd her weight wasn't released, too.

Makes me wonder if that information about the height actually came from the parents or somebody estimated.

[SIZE=+1]View Poster[/SIZE]
Supported By:
ICMC_en_X1.gif
International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children [SIZE=+1]MADELEINE BETH MCCANN[/SIZE]Case Type: MissingDOB: May 12, 2003Missing Date: May 3, 2007Sex: FemaleAge Now: 4Height: 90 cm (2'11")Missing City: PRAIA DA LUZWeight: UnknownMissing State : Hair Color: BlondeMissing Country: PortugalEye Color: GreenCase Number: ICMC1003

Height weight chart here: http://pediatrics.about.com/library/growth_charts/ngirlstwo.htm

It shows that average height for a 3 year old is 37 inches - so 3'1". Average height for a four year old is about 39 inches.

Madeleine was tiny but not outside the range of normal from the chart at 35"

I realize this is a tabloidish article, but it all sounds possible:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/15863/Police-set-to-dig-for-Maddie/

POLICE were last night preparing to dig for Madeleine McCann’s body after mobile phone trackers mapped out her parents’ every move.

...Detectives ordered them to focus on the McCanns’ mobiles from the time they hired a silver Renault Scenic in which missing Madeleine’s DNA was allegedly found. Experts have drawn up a map of the couple’s movements since they rented the motor three weeks after she vanished on May 3.

And there were even reports last night that police fitted a satellite tracking device to the hire car after seizing it for forensic tests.

(snip)

...Investigators are also understood to have intercepted e-mails swapped between the McCanns and the seven pals on the ill-fated holiday with them.

Portuguese newspapers allege they contain evidence some of the group knew Madeleine was dead.

The couple also believe their rented Portuguese villa was bugged. And they think the snooping has continued since they returned to England 12 days ago.

Much More at Link . . .

More spin from an unnamed "family" source about how wonderful the McCanns are as parents, but this article also has pictures of the outside of the Portugal "home" as well as a diagram of the house and the bedrooms!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...article_id=482870&in_page_id=1770&ito=newsnow

I just posted the diagram of the apartment in the pictures thread :)

In one report didn't it say That Gerry thought that Madeleine had went to their room to sleep?If he came in through the patio doors he would have had to walk by his room so why didn't he check in their to make sure she was there?
It was also reported that Madeleine was sleeping in between the twins correct?

More spin,spin,spin. Whew man I am dizzy.

Just reading the mirror forums and there was an online petition for the McCanns

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/L00kforMadeleineMcCann/index.html

click on the signature link to see.
The petition

This petition is set up to help support Gerry and Kate McCann as they battle to clear their names, in the media, at home and in Portugal. It will be used to convince the government that we believe in their innocence and to sway them to pressurise the Portuguese police to continue to look for Madeleine McCann.

I read the comments section earlier this morning.Well now the comments are gone and just showing the number of signatures :eek: .Most of the comments I read was not in support and the persons e-mail address was shown.

Hmmm :waitasec:

"I know that what happened is not due to the fact of us leaving the children asleep. I know it happened under other circumstances." IF you had been there, this would not have happened!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just posted the diagram of the apartment in the pictures thread :)

In one report didn't it say That Gerry thought that Madeleine had went to their room to sleep?If he came in through the patio doors he would have had to walk by his room so why didn't he check in their to make sure she was there?
It was also reported that Madeleine was sleeping in between the twins correct?

More spin,spin,spin. Whew man I am dizzy.
I know - when I saw that diagram, I thought, what the heck? It shows two "cots" - cribs in British, right? - and a bed. Is that a double bed? Because otherwise, how could three kids be sleeping there. I wonder if those were small portable cribs?

At any rate, how and why did someone walk in there and take Madeleine out from between the twins without waking them? It's truly bizarre.

And the picture of the apartment house shows some of the sliding doors which were near the street. So they didn't think they needed to lock those doors? Hmmmmm. There is also a tall wall around the building, which I didn't expect. Before they had only mentioned a hedge, so this really muddies the waters a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member